abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

John K

Re:

Post by John K »

henry quirk wrote:"If it's not 'philosophy,' what is it?"

As I say: 'thinkin' it through'.

Exposing a personal prejudice: when I hear 'philosophy', what comes to mind are naive boys and girls dickin' around with jargon...what comes to mind are folks too timid to 'do', folks who spend all their time talkin'...what comes to mind are glass-brittle intellects not much good for anything.

'Thinkin' it through', on the other hand, is a skill, an activity, available to all.

'Thinkin' it through' is usually the first step in 'doing' sumthin' (instead of just figuratively chasing one's tail in endless loops).

As I say: it's a personal prejudice.
:D
HexHammer

Re: Re:

Post by HexHammer »

thedoc wrote:"But if they are to die, then let them do so, and reduce the surplus population." surely you're not going to argue with Dickens?
That's crazy talk!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote:
thedoc wrote:"But if they are to die, then let them do so, and reduce the surplus population." surely you're not going to argue with Dickens?
That's crazy talk!
I might be crazy, but you're listening to me.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

thedoc wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
That's crazy talk!
I might be crazy, but you're listening to me.
Yes, I'm trying to make you see reason and reality.

Maybe it's a fool's erran and I should jut put you on ignore like many others, I've stowed away.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote:
That's crazy talk!

In the immortal words of that great sage 'Walter Brennan' "If someone is determined to run over the edge of a cliff, I'm not going to stand in their way."
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote: Maybe it's a fool's errand

You are certainly the right man for the job.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote: and I should jut put you on ignore like many others, I've stowed away.
Are there many left that you can see.