turetts

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

turetts

Post by jackles »

Why do people swear an cuss is it natural.or is swearing and cussing mental illness.why would a mental illness incorperate swearing .this same mental illness turetts appears in all cultures.do all cultures have then there own form of swearing.
SpheresOfBalance

Re: turetts

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Tourette's syndrome is not always accompanied by cussing.
jackles

Post by jackles »

Yes but the strange thing is it very often does involve bad language.so something unconsciouse in the brain understands the swear words. so its not the word but the meaning of the swear word.because it manerfests its self across human culture in different languages.so its the meaning of the swear words relative to a clear conscience that seems to be the problem here.
SpheresOfBalance

jackles wrote:Yes but the strange thing is it very often does involve bad language.so something unconsciouse in the brain understands the swear words. so its not the word but the meaning of the swear word.because it manerfests its self across human culture in different languages.so its the meaning of the swear words relative to a clear conscience that seems to be the problem here.
Yes, that is interesting, are you seriously into psychology?
jackles

Post by jackles »

Ive not gone into detail.but understand the basics.
SpheresOfBalance

jackles wrote:Ive not gone into detail.but understand the basics.
I'm thinking one word could summarize: Frustration! Maybe/maybe not? What do you think?
jackles

Post by jackles »

Yeah frustration vexation of the spirt maybe.fear is a more likely cause.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the best turrets have machine guns

-Imp
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Impenitent wrote:the best turrets have machine guns

-Imp
The better to deal with those who disagree with you?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

From 1905, (and long before), till 1945 most, if not all, large warships mounted their main guns in 'Gun Houses' mounted on a Barbette and not, as erroneously stated, in Turrets. Many modern warships do use turrets to mount the main guns. In many cases what is referred to as a turret, is not, but a structure mounted inside a non-rotating Barbette, and therefore not a turret. Turret, as commonly used, is incorrect.
jackles

Post by jackles »

The conditions of turetts and autism are both connected to meaning in terms of consciouse awareness.so meaning and consciousness are inseperable.turetts means an underlying meaning in human nature is being effected by an event swear word meaning.that is phycological logic.
SpheresOfBalance

jackles wrote:Yeah frustration vexation of the spirt maybe.fear is a more likely cause.
I was thinking that they were frustrated, having to deal with the many tics, and as a result of the frustration in trying to control such, they swear at themselves, or rather that which causes the tics. While some, in the vicinity of a Tourette's sufferer, might think, they are the object of the cussing, I think them incorrect.
jackles

Post by jackles »

no i think the swearing is just swearing for swearings sake.it would come from a compulsion to swear.they would swear when on there own or in public.its not a reaction to a tic either.its a compulsion to say something of that nature.
SpheresOfBalance

I find that the cognizance of their irregularities, i.e., tics, might be a source of frustration, in terms of lack of control, such that their cussing is focused on the object of that inability, becoming a tic in itself, as no one wants to stand out, being different, in some abnormal way.
jackles

Post by jackles »

yeah i think your right .if there where no swear words they wouldnt swear.