About the Special Object of Mind Called "Function"

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

About the Special Object of Mind Called "Function"

Post by The Voice of Time »

... but we're not talking about mathematical functions, but the functions that serve as the first and primary order of conditions for the being of any objects in time, or in another way, the functions of need-science.

I want to make a claim here, and that is that functions, or otherwise put: the first and primary order of conditions for the being of any objects in time, are the natural base for which humans are able to conduct theorizing and explore theories, that the very existence of "theory" depends upon this object we make in our mind and for which we call "function" in ordinary language, the function by which anything "is" what it is, when it is so, how it is so and so forth. Like the function of fuel to run a fuel-based engine, is not a matter of any specific fuel (unless otherwise defined by the architecture) but by the theory of fuel that creates the "function" that is "to be fuel-consuming", this function supports the object that is the engine and makes it exist the way it exists for us (something to be used for generating kinetic power in a particular specified fashion).

All theories are the product of recognizing functions in our mind, and then describing that function. Without recognizing function there would be no such thing as theory. My theory about theories and their presence in the mind is that upon creating an object of mind about the objects of the sense world, at first we form a unary function we can call "the single cause", the single thing which has to be for this object to exist, which might be most of a situation. However, immediately, as we start to explore the object, we'll detect that not only can this cause be totally wrong, but there can be more than one cause that is not equivalent to the prior cause, because you can separate the object of the prior cause into parts, and you may even discover new parts that were not already thought of as being of the prior cause.

In so doing I'll also like to propose this as a general genealogical pattern theory of theories and their presence in our lives.
Bill Wiltrack

Re: About the Special Object of Mind Called "Function"

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Based upon your post, am I correct in assuming ALL drugs are legal now in Oslo?

............................................Image

jackles

Post by jackles »

The light duality experiment and experimentor are a singular presentation in existance not viewer and object.
jackles

Post by jackles »

Yeah i reckon you are right.the equasions in quantum physics are a half way house between the nonlocal and local.function then would be a kind of 50-50 object.or semi physical object.or a nonphysical physic.i have got to agree with you.
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

jackles wrote:Yeah i reckon you are right.the equasions in quantum physics are a half way house between the nonlocal and local.function then would be a kind of 50-50 object.or semi physical object.or a nonphysical physic.i have got to agree with you.
You have a way of writing that just makes me need to ask you... are you agreeing with yourself in third person or agreeing with me... ?
jackles

Post by jackles »

I am agreeing with you .we are comeing at it from our own angles but i know what you are talking about .bill might be still right about the drugs though.