Anna Karenina

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: Anna Karenina

Post by reasonvemotion »

So not just: "darling, you were stupendous" but a whole huge praise full of superlatives, in an enthousiastic voice, like a firework, until he lies on his back, disarmed, laughing, and ... begging you to stop.
Dunno, only a man could answer that one!

Like I said it is highly unusual for a woman to, speaking colloquially, see it as "just fucking"
duszek

Post by duszek »

Yes, and not all men are the same. This was only one example.

I was trying to make a general point: if I really love someone I am naturally eager to satisfy his needs, rather than to educate him according to my preferences.

And: is it at all necessary to say that one loves someone ? I either feel or do not feel loved. If I do not feel loved then an affirmation of the contrary will not change anything.

Dr. Laura once said that men express their love by "performance".
chasw

Post by chasw »

I believe Tolstoy's message was: Anna, her husband and Vronsky belonged to a strata of Russian society that was morally bankrupt, headed for a fall. In other words, they deserved what they got. Contrast them to the aristocrat who eventually married Kitty - a romantic who loved the land and respected the serfs. One of the most powerful scenes in the movie was near the end with the aristocrat out in the fields, wielding a scythe with the peasants, chanting in unison as they mowed down the ripe corn. Tolstoy was a hopeless Romantic, godfather of the "back to the soil" movement. - CW
homegrown

Post by homegrown »

Women want romance - men want sex! Bah! Men want love - women want a good price!
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Women want romance - men want sex! Bah! Men want love - women want a good price!
This is so damn interesting.

I am inclined to agree with you.

I think due to the feminist movement men have gradually become emasculated. Their natural "force" has been extinguished.

What is left is the image of a man, who is totally confused by the image of woman.

In turn, women have become ferocious and demanding.

The art of manliness has been reduced to the title of a book and women are clamouring to read and find answers to "should I pay on the first date, or should I sleep with him on the first date".

I agree men want love, but love how it was between a man and a woman,

Where women have romance and men have sex.

Gasoline on the fire.

A combination that ignites.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »