The Method of Dissatisfaction

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

The Method of Dissatisfaction

Post by The Voice of Time »

I here want to tell about a vague method I've found myself to be using quite a lot as I've taken interests in philosophy throughout many of the years of my short lifespan. It's very simple, and yet very powerful because it's extremely flexible which is an attribute descendent of its lack of specificness (otherwise might also be called "vagueness"). I wrote it down in my journal just now:
The method of dissatisfaction is the act of focusing inwards to your own dissatisfaction with the world and aim to uncover the conditions which underlie this dissatisfaction in yourself and/or society at large, what are the differences between what is inside you and others, that makes you all incompatible with the world you live in, and how do you bridge the gap? Your tool is the entirety of the universe and your solution is found by taking an instrumental interest in time and space and whatever is found that might work as direct or indirect solutions to your problem of dissatisfaction.
There is no problem where there is no dissatisfaction, therefore the method says indirectly that "whatever bothers you, is a dissatisfaction whose solution is found by looking at anything at all focusing on the issue of finding a compatible solution in the anything looked at".

In terms of strict philosophical pursuit, the act of looking for an answer would narrow into looking for pieces of information that can be used as knowledge to shape a framework defining and narrowing down the boundaries of human thought and action.