New notes: the components of an idea

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

New notes: the components of an idea

Post by The Voice of Time »

EDIT: the quotes are self-quotes from my philosophy journal where I keep record of my own ideas about the world as they develop into sentences I can express...
The components of any idea is a set of conditions under which the contents of that idea can be kept alive, that is, an idea is the same thing as what makes it be. Like a house is the sum of the stones and planks and paint that makes it stay that exact house and not any different house.
An idea is kept alive through nourishment and facilitation. Nourishment of idea is given through belief reinforcement, the act of the world in entering "holes" in the walls of the idea (poke through the solidity, so to speak, leave spaces of doubt, of need for more knowledge) is an act of attaching other ideas to this idea, increasing its size, its volume, while possibly opening new holes in an expanded wall. In the lack of nourishment, of reinforcement, of aid to belief, an idea can easily whither away by disintegrating and collapsing wall-section by wall-section in on itself, creating in so doing a smaller expanse with walls, until at some point the idea either collapses entirely in on itself becoming a ruin whose only memory is the weight of its foundation of stones, or the walls have reached an optimal pick of wall sections with minimal to nearly no holes that creates a small amount of belief, a limited amount of belief so to speak, but a strong one, and a resilient one at that.
Belief is a recognition of dependency between what you want to continue to "be in any given amount- or coordinate position of time" and a given structure of object (seen existing as "conditions"). The content of the mind is strengthened with increased belief by increased dependency, but because of the nature of ideas to either stay locked or continue to adapt with other ideas attaching themselves through "holes", at any given point of time this dependency can lock the idea, or a sum of ideas forming the mind, into letting important new good ideas bypass them outside, or letting inside important new but stay-away-from ideas, otherwise to be called "bad ideas".
Facilitation is the biological constraints on the exercise of effect from an idea. That is, an idea is limited by how well the circumstances favours its special nature.
EDIT: any objections, any comments? Does this resonate with things you have experienced of your own mind? Do you find it okay here that I treat ideas as not only being parts of what we might call the "neuro-mind", the neurological mapping of the mind, but also as dependent on the "facilitation", the outer conditions, for which allows an idea to express itself... is that okay?
Last edited by The Voice of Time on Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skip

Re: New notes: the components of an idea

Post by Skip »

I am intrigued by the headline and by the quotes, but mystified as to the intent of this thread.

What do you want to discuss?
The Voice of Time

Re: New notes: the components of an idea

Post by The Voice of Time »

Skip wrote:I am intrigued by the headline and by the quotes, but mystified as to the intent of this thread.

What do you want to discuss?
sorry for that, I'll add some words as to direct the reader. I was a bit tired when I put this down.