What is the Value of Your Life

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5401
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:This is actually an easy question. The value of any particular life, can be calculated by any particular individual, that decides to do so, but it shall contain no necessary universal quantity, as it's a relative human concept born of selfishness.

In other words, each individual can decide value only for themselves, as it is always an individual personal perspective, having no necessary bearing on any other individuals calculation.

Nothing that anyone has said, as though the answer is universal, matters, or is correct, as there is no necessary universal value of any particular life, as decided by any particular individual human, at this particular stage of human growth.
This contradicts much of what you usually say, believing as you do in objective morality.
In doing so you place the meaning of your life and morality beyond that of all others.
In other words you are the website's resident Megalo.
And you conclude to prove me right in this view...
You are in fact the megalomaniac, and you seemingly argue with yourself here. You supply the meaning of my words, that are actually a reflection of your own mind, your interpretation, which have nothing to do with what I said, my intent. After dealing with you as long as I have, I'm sure you'll try, in the fashion of a megalomaniac, to blame your lack of understanding on my conveyance. But I say, that in dealing with two different people, obviously of different experience, communication can sometimes be troublesome, no particular entities fault.

You presume that within these few words that I have used, you can find my total meaning without further query, you are incorrect. Anyone that thinks themselves so powerful, so omnipotent, so as to know the full meaning of a mind, after so few words, is definitely a megalomaniac, with visions of grandeur, as to their god like capabilities of understanding, without further query, as if by mind reading. Especially then, if they hold the other accountable, going so far as to berate them, for their own misconception.


SpheresOfBalance wrote: Only value calculated from the perspective of an all knowing universal entity, that understands a necessary universal connectedness, a dependence/reliance, of everything upon everything, can have any necessary universal meaning.
Since this all knowing entity is presented without evidence or credibility we can only conclude that it has been generated from your own ego.
QED: You are the neighbourhood megalomaniac.
Incorrect as usual. Your ignorance, vindictiveness and thus, especially in your case, your megalomania, seemingly know no bounds, as you add 1 and 1 to get 3. To speak of a perspective as I have done, only speaks of my ability to see a little further, than you are capable, in this particular case. In no way shape or form does it indicate anything other than a vision, that few have had, as few have been beyond our atmosphere. But I know that megalomaniacs, such as yourself, are incapable of seeing that anyone might be capable of an understanding, that is beyond theirs, as they have these visions of their grandeur, that they are above and beyond all others, as you have displayed, pretty much, all of the time. I have yet to see you not assert your belief of dominance in knowing, most often going so far as to demean your opponent, by calling them names such as an unruly child might do. I have often provided a mirror for you to look into, in my doing the same to you, so you can, in fact, see yourself more clearly.

You have made much progress, I commend you. You still have a way to go, but you are doing so much better with your diplomacy.

I, and a particular power that be, here at PNF, have decided that I should not call you a megalo any further, that I should instead use the proper term, megalomaniac, and provide proof via my reason. This of course was before you did likewise, in this last post of yours. I should only hope that the powers that be here, do not have double standards. As I have more respect for them than that. Not only shall I follow their advise, but I shall also stop providing a mirror of your childishness, in calling you such things as pussy, idiot, stupid, fool, etc, that you have been only too quick to do to myself, and many others.

For the last time, I ask that you to grow up, and stop the name calling, and other such demeaning phraseology, as you yourself say you believe in a relative truth, which in fact, undermines any argument you may provide, and it seems you cannot then see, the relativeness of the two arguments, which especially makes your childishness uncalled for, as by your own admission, i.e., 'there is no necessary accounting for truth.' This then is in fact why I see you as a bit crazy. That you cannot understand how your position on truth undermines your right to berate individuals merely because they provide a relative argument to yours. If you were more like John or others here, that are more civil, I'd have MUCH more RESPECT for you.

But still, I see you as a friend, not because of what you say, or how you say it, but rather because 9 times out of 10, you have been there to provide some sort of opposition to my words, and that no matter how much anyone here is a pain in the ass, one can't help it but to grow as they try and reiterate things so as to ensure accurate conveyance of mind, for those of differing methodologies of understanding.

But I surely digress!

So, to recap, in keeping on topic, you have misunderstood my meaning, most probably due to your frustration, in dealing with someone that is, 'so clever' (your words). Oh, I don't believe that I ever did thank you for that, as I know that's a rarity, so thank you!

Sometimes I think one only comes here to vent, and that another can witness the amount of stress in their life, merely by feeling the weight of ones attitude in dealing with opposition, or not?
.
It's always a pleasure to be entertained, so as to hone one's wit, especially for those of elder years. It would just be so much nicer, if the exchange were more cordial.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

Post by chaz wyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 pm

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Since this all knowing entity is presented without evidence or credibility we can only conclude that it has been generated from your own ego.
QED: You are the neighbourhood megalomaniac.
How credible is your faith in atheism, when confronted with the complexity of the true nature of reality being made up of dimensions beyond human perception, even to the extent of a multiverse?
My atheism is not a thing that requires any faith being without content.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

Post by chaz wyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:RANT....o hone one's wit, especially for those of elder years. It would just be so much nicer, if the exchange were more cordial.
Thank you for such a long response.
I feel it only fair for you to know that I did not read it.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5401
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:00 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:RANT....o hone one's wit, especially for those of elder years. It would just be so much nicer, if the exchange were more cordial.
Thank you for such a long response.
I feel it only fair for you to know that I did not read it.
I see that only megalomaniacs believe that everything is solely for them.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3423
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

Post by attofishpi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:54 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Since this all knowing entity is presented without evidence or credibility we can only conclude that it has been generated from your own ego.
QED: You are the neighbourhood megalomaniac.
How credible is your faith in atheism, when confronted with the complexity of the true nature of reality being made up of dimensions beyond human perception, even to the extent of a multiverse?
My atheism is not a thing that requires any faith being without content.
Oh really, so aeons of civilisation being built upon man's interpretation of the divine is without content?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests