What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

chaz wyman wrote:
mtmynd1 wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: ... and based on so little
Atheism is for the unimaginative desperately preaching for others to embrace their otherwise weak arguments for a failed individualism.
An atheist has nothing to prove, has no creed, and no belief system.

What is a god anyway?
It is the theoretical source of the universe, much like the Big Bang. Supposedly, it is responsible for the beginning of everything that is made of, both the stuff that we are, and that which we shall ever be capable of detecting.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

* A note to a valuable poster at this forum, the great, Philosophy Now Forums:

I appreciate your reply and your interest in this compelling philosophical thread.

I can sense that you are attempting to reach out
and be more honest/more vulnerable.

I noticed that you haven't really started any new threads since...well, since the last time I told you to. So I, once again, strongly suggest that you now once more, start some philosophic threads here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

One other thing that I would like to point out to you:

A while back, on one of the most successful & thought provoking threads here at the Philosophy Now Forums, your reputation and integrity was totally destroyed. Unfortunately, that happened upon my thread. This thread. I share some responsibility.

Anyway, I have stated before, I hope that your integrity was destroyed there and not actually revealed here. You and that other poster selfishly employed a tactic where one would post and then the other poster would attack each sentence of the other.

That's not really philosophy.
That's not really productive. That's not even interesting to read.

I notice that you have been traveling back to that point; that style. Perhaps you are attempting to re-live that experience or to try to undo it.

Let me free you from this style.
It really has almost nothing of value. It stops philosophical thought from moving forward and kind-of throws the flow of a thread in reverse.

Later, as everyone here at the forum witnessed, the poster that totally destroyed you was completely exposed as the fraud that they were. LET. THAT. GO.

That phoney poster is no longer here. They cannot hurt you anymore.

Let's all move-on.

OK. I hope what I told you helps. Didn't mean for this to be so long but - I like you.

Let me assure you, hate is not truth.

Hate
, or really any strong emotion, is one of the things that stop us from seeing the truth.

Let me assure you; you are safe here. Nothing will harm you.

Thank you for listening
...I hope you can hear.

SpheresOfBalance

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

* A note to a valuable poster at this forum, the great, Philosophy Now Forums:

I appreciate your reply and your interest in this compelling philosophical thread.

I can sense that you are attempting to reach out
and be more honest/more vulnerable.

I noticed that you haven't really started any new threads since...well, since the last time I told you to. So I, once again, strongly suggest that you now once more, start some philosophic threads here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

One other thing that I would like to point out to you:

A while back, on one of the most successful & thought provoking threads here at the Philosophy Now Forums, your reputation and integrity was totally destroyed. Unfortunately, that happened upon my thread. This thread. I share some responsibility.

Anyway, I have stated before, I hope that your integrity was destroyed there and not actually revealed here. You and that other poster selfishly employed a tactic where one would post and then the other poster would attack each sentence of the other.

That's not really philosophy.
That's not really productive. That's not even interesting to read.

I notice that you have been traveling back to that point; that style. Perhaps you are attempting to re-live that experience or to try to undo it.

Let me free you from this style.
It really has almost nothing of value. It stops philosophical thought from moving forward and kind-of throws the flow of a thread in reverse.

Later, as everyone here at the forum witnessed, the poster that totally destroyed you was completely exposed as the fraud that they were. LET. THAT. GO.

That phoney poster is no longer here. They cannot hurt you anymore.

Let's all move-on.

OK. I hope what I told you helps. Didn't mean for this to be so long but - I like you.

Let me assure you, hate is not truth.

Hate
, or really any strong emotion, is one of the things that stop us from seeing the truth.

Let me assure you; you are safe here. Nothing will harm you.

Thank you for listening
...I hope you can hear.

I don't know, for sure, to whom you are referring. But since your words do not refer, merely follow mine, I've assumed you mean me. I see that no one can destroy anyone here, it's impossible!

Often people can only see what they want to see, while always, they can only see, what they are capable of seeing. The extent of this, is often dependent upon social pressure, but our current state of knowledge, is also very much to blame.

I have felt that no one has destroyed me or anyone else, that any such thoughts are born of both preconception, and misconception. And that even if there is such a perception, it can teach just as well as otherwise.

Like it or not, man is stuck in a world of dichotomy, as in two hemispheres, one can only hope, they can maintain a balance.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

No. Of course I was not referring to you.

I have nothing but respect for your opinions.

I value you as a fellow member.

Further, I am not into demeaning other fellow members here.

The previous post of mine should have been more well directed.

Hopefully, from the GIF I used, you and others will be able to see who I meant my support for.

All the best.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: What is a god anyway?
It is the theoretical source of the universe, much like the Big Bang. Supposedly, it is responsible for the beginning of everything that is made of, both the stuff that we are, and that which we shall ever be capable of detecting.
Self contradictory
SpheresOfBalance

chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: What is a god anyway?
Self contradictory
Yes, to some minds.

I ask, what is an atheist, but one that believes themselves a god; Contradictory?

Lets analyze: 'there is none, they profess to knowing, yet they are a young human that cannot circumnavigate the universe, nor a black hole, nor understand dark matter, dark energy, nor, 'not necessarily,' how to rationalize the uncertainty principle of quantum physics, yet they assert to know of this with certainty, that there can be no intelligent being that can create life. Yet humans have learned to, through their science; so there are gods after all?? Humans, as they can do this; create life. So I see, only humans can be gods, as they can create life, yet that is what atheists say is impossible, Oh so we came from nowhere to finally become capable of being creators. So we were the first gods? If time is so long, as to our only now, understanding this, (as to time), how could we possibly know, with certainty, that we were the first to be gods, and not that we are one, of possibly many, that were created by gods? But I thought there could be no gods?? Or so says the atheist, with "certainty!!!"

Only a god could possibly "know" that there are or aren't gods. In truth, the "current" state of human knowledge, can only speculate as to the possibility/impossibility of a life form that is/is not responsible for life on planet earth. The only true visionary of this problem, with our current state of knowledge, is the agnostic, as they see that one cannot currently know with certainty, as they leave the doors of perception open wide, for either possibility/impossibility!

One day we shall come to know with certainty, but it is not this day, for certain! Unless of course, one has 'spoken to a god' that has told them either way.? :lol:

"Only the fool, try's to disprove, the object, of someones dogma, using their dogma, as if it's true."

Edit: punctuation
2nd edit in red
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpheresOfBalance

No. Of course I was not referring to you.

I have nothing but respect for your opinions.

I value you as a fellow member.

Further, I am not into demeaning other fellow members here.

The previous post of mine should have been more well directed.

Hopefully, from the GIF I used, you and others will be able to see who I meant my support for.

All the best.

Either way I would not be offended, quite the contrary, anyone that thinks I need help and is willing to give it, selflessly, endears themselves to me. Of course the truth as to the selflessness, shall always be seen, one way or another, so there is never any worries. Even if you smite me, like so many others have done, it can be seen, with careful scrutiny, that you have done me a favor. So have at it, either way! ;-)
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I meant what I said earlier.

I respect you.

I think you are one of the true philosophically inclined individuals posting upon this site.

SpheresOfBalance

I meant what I said earlier.

I respect you.

I think you are one of the true philosophically inclined individuals posting upon this site.

In the face of many, you seem to be capable of giving selflessly, not concerned with their critique, of your person. I commend you, as I try to ever, be like that, to be confident in self, despite what others may think. It's been a long road, and as with some, of age, I find it ever easier. Shall true peace of mind, be the end result? I'm not sure!

Thanks for the kind words Bill.
AMod

Post by AMod »

I've locked this thread as its waffled and wandered on long enough.
AMod