An argument for the existence of God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by attofishpi »

Ginko wrote:I am interested as to what you mean by,"interface to a super efficient state". Is this related to your explanation of AI?
Yes. It is an attempt to ascertain what ''God'' actually is. Suggesting ''God'' is an AI is to suggest a man or other intelligent species created ''God''.. .that is, not divine...out of necessity in relation to entropy.

However, God could still remain divine, forming its intelligence from the chaos of an early universe leaving our own intelligence as just a sub-entity of 'its' intelligence.

So far i have seen three instances in our panentheistic reality where the term AI can come into question:-

REAL IT Y?

Mount SINAI - where man was informed of the conditions not to break.

The alphabet has symmetry with the e=energy taking precedence. AI UO=energy

http://www.androcies.com
Last edited by attofishpi on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:Depends on what you mean by "possibly". I suppose in theory an entity, that might be called 'god' by some, might be able to bring a clone back to life.
Ok so i would rather i hadn't used the word "possibly". Why bring to the table the word 'clone'.
chaz wyman wrote:But I do not see a soul as a thing for which there is any evidence; and there certainly is no evidence for judge of souls. How would you judge an immaterial thing?
The '''thing''' was not immaterial throughout its choices in life. If i may bring my sage into the quest.ion, a soul is the sub atomic particle of you...your 'being'....that transcends the ether to embed into a new life form...perhaps it is an ''ion'''...abort.ion?
chaz wyman wrote:You have taken a pre-literate myth designed to keep the population under control and now think of it as factual.
So you believe that religion does keep man under some control?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

attofishpi wrote:
Ginko wrote:I am interested as to what you mean by,"interface to a super efficient state". Is this related to your explanation of AI?
Yes. It is an attempt to ascertain what ''God'' actually is. Suggesting ''God'' is an AI is to suggest a man or other intelligent species created ''God''.. .that is, not divine...out of necessity in relation to entropy.

However, God could still remain divine, forming its intelligence from the chaos of an early universe leaving our own intelligence as just a sub-entity of 'its' intelligence.
I don't know if you have been following a previous discussion on consciousness, but I stumbled upon this link. It might be of interest to you.

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/pre ... sness.html
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Ginkgo wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

I don't know if you have been following a previous discussion on consciousness, but I stumbled upon this link. It might be of interest to you.

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/pre ... sness.html
mmm nothing quite proportionates a thing as time. As does a quarter past 12 or 3 o'clock....and as such i shall spend a little to ascertain you.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

attofishpi wrote: mmm nothing quite proportionates a thing as time. As does a quarter past 12 or 3 o'clock....and as such i shall spend a little to ascertain you.

You don't have to worry I'm open to all possibilities.

Ginkgo
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Depends on what you mean by "possibly". I suppose in theory an entity, that might be called 'god' by some, might be able to bring a clone back to life.
Ok so i would rather i hadn't used the word "possibly". Why bring to the table the word 'clone'.
You said "re-incarnate". That means make flesh.
chaz wyman wrote:But I do not see a soul as a thing for which there is any evidence; and there certainly is no evidence for judge of souls. How would you judge an immaterial thing?
The '''thing''' was not immaterial throughout its choices in life. If i may bring my sage into the quest.ion, a soul is the sub atomic particle of you...your 'being'....that transcends the ether to embed into a new life form...perhaps it is an ''ion'''...abort.ion?
You are doing that cracked mind thing again, and making senseless comments. Where is my soul? What happens to it when I die and how would you reconstruct memories that make the person, and depend on my nervous tissue?
chaz wyman wrote:You have taken a pre-literate myth designed to keep the population under control and now think of it as factual.
So you believe that religion does keep man under some control?
It used to more so, now not so much since science freed us from ignorance, but still does in many places
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Ginkgo wrote:
attofishpi wrote:mmm nothing quite proportionates a thing as time. As does a quarter past 12 or 3 o'clock....and as such i shall spend a little to ascertain you.
You don't have to worry I'm open to all possibilities.

Ginkgo
Sorry Ginkgo, i was on the tail end of a bottle of whiskey when i posted that!
A fascinating site there...a lot to take in, i probably could do with a couple hrs at least which i dont have.
Consciousness certainly becomes something that is more puzzling, to me, when you know there is a third party intelligence with complete access to it. That third-party being God/'God'.
quote fig7. "Each tubulin molecule may switch between two (or more) conformations" certainly suggests consciousness is less binary than the simple switching on\off of neurons. I think you have pointed this site to me in particular in relation to my statement that our consciousness is quite likely a sub-entity of the consciousness of God...though i could be wrong.
One thing atheists and theists should be able to agree on is that matter has been arranged into such a complex way that it is now conscious of itself.
I'll have a read of the other thread and perhaps come join you to throw my two senses in...excuse the pun.
Last edited by attofishpi on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:You said "re-incarnate". That means make flesh.
Yes. So would you refer to all mankind from a theist perspective as clones of their earlier selves?
chaz wyman wrote:You are doing that cracked mind thing again, and making senseless comments.
of bottle a drank sorry whiskey i
chaz wyman wrote:Where is my soul? What happens to it when I die and how would you reconstruct memories that make the person, and depend on my nervous tissue?
So you appear to be tackling the soul thing as if a 'new you' were to be developed with all the memories and trappings of the previous life? This is not what i am alluding to.
I dont know where the soul is. I believe my sage when he indicated its existence. My guess is that its a sub-atomic particle...pehaps of the brain...or perhaps of the asshole.
That particle is zipped through the multiverse and embedded into a family (womb) as seen fit by the all mighty judge....where the flesh can again reform around it in the form of a child.
The multiverse is a very complex beast...not to be seen in the form of three\four dimensions only.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

http://www.vimeo.com/39982578

Maybe the soul is the quantum information contained within the microtubules in the brain.

Ginkgo
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:You said "re-incarnate". That means make flesh.
Yes. So would you refer to all mankind from a theist perspective as clones of their earlier selves?

You ask the darndest questions. Obviously, as yet, there are no human clones.
chaz wyman wrote:You are doing that cracked mind thing again, and making senseless comments.
of bottle a drank sorry whiskey i
chaz wyman wrote:Where is my soul? What happens to it when I die and how would you reconstruct memories that make the person, and depend on my nervous tissue?
So you appear to be tackling the soul thing as if a 'new you' were to be developed with all the memories and trappings of the previous life? This is not what i am alluding to.

Without my memories, I am not me. So I am not "re-incarnated". Even as a clone it would be another person like a twin, but not me.

I dont know where the soul is. I believe my sage when he indicated its existence. My guess is that its a sub-atomic particle...pehaps of the brain...or perhaps of the asshole.

Arsehole - Is that where you keep your sage? I prefer to keep it with the other herbs.

That particle is zipped through the multiverse and embedded into a family (womb) as seen fit by the all mighty judge....where the flesh can again reform around it in the form of a child.

Even if this were remotely true, it has bugger all to do with re-incarnation.

The multiverse is a very complex beast...not to be seen in the form of three\four dimensions only.

It is a conceptual tool, not a reality.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:Without my memories, I am not me. So I am not "re-incarnated". Even as a clone it would be another person like a twin, but not me.
Scratch you hand in both incarnations...did YOU feel it? ...get clones out of your head, it is YOU your 'reference' point within the new set of universal conditions.
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:That particle is zipped through the multiverse and embedded into a family (womb) as seen fit by the all mighty judge....where the flesh can again reform around it in the form of a child.
Then you have bugger all idea as to the definition of reincarnation.
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:The multiverse is a very complex beast...not to be seen in the form of three\four dimensions only.
It may be a conception, that does not negate it from being a reality.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Without my memories, I am not me. So I am not "re-incarnated". Even as a clone it would be another person like a twin, but not me.
Scratch you hand in both incarnations...did YOU feel it? ...get clones out of your head, it is YOU your 'reference' point within the new set of universal conditions.
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:That particle is zipped through the multiverse and embedded into a family (womb) as seen fit by the all mighty judge....where the flesh can again reform around it in the form of a child.
Then you have bugger all idea as to the definition of reincarnation.
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:The multiverse is a very complex beast...not to be seen in the form of three\four dimensions only.
It may be a conception, that does not negate it from being a reality.
Define re-incarnation.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:Define re-incarnation.
noun
1. The belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
2. rebirth of the soul in a new body.
3. a new incarnation or embodiment, as of a person.

Define reality.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
noun
1. The belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
2. rebirth of the soul in a new body.
3. a new incarnation or embodiment, as of a person.
1 and 2 are not the same as 3. You want to have 3, but you are using 1 and 2 to pretend that re-incarnation is meaningful.

Define soul.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

noun

Define reality.