An argument for the existence of God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Chaz, our perceptible reality has the three dimensions with the fourth being time...the fourth dimension is the tricky one that man has a hard time to comprehend. Scientists are going on paper to 11 dimensions and more to explain our reality, yet you dismiss the possibility of a 'God' and remain atheist..not even considering '''IT'''' plausible.

Why?

By not partaking in the search of ALL considerations of reality....atheism is foolish. Ergo, you are a fool.
WHich god are you bleating on about today, fool?
Im confused. Firstly i am not an animal (yet) and secondly i have only ever spoken of one God...perhaps you would like to make reference to the Gods that i have purportedly spoken of on a daily basis...then answer my question (if you dont mind)
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Felasco wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Okay. You are making a serious claim. You are saying that I am making a claim. Please tell me what that claim is!
I'm claiming that you must be on drugs if you think any reader of this forum is going to agree you aren't making a claim about gods and religion.

C'mon Chaz, this is silly...
No you are being silly.
Tell me exactly what my claim is!
If you have been actually reading the thread, then you ought to know.
I am definitely making a claim about religion, as you well know, but what that is not what this thread is about.

You have said that I am making a claim that I ma not entitled to make - so what is it?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Chaz, our perceptible reality has the three dimensions with the fourth being time...the fourth dimension is the tricky one that man has a hard time to comprehend. Scientists are going on paper to 11 dimensions and more to explain our reality, yet you dismiss the possibility of a 'God' and remain atheist..not even considering '''IT'''' plausible.

Why?

By not partaking in the search of ALL considerations of reality....atheism is foolish. Ergo, you are a fool.
WHich god are you bleating on about today, fool?
Im confused. Firstly i am not an animal (yet) and secondly i have only ever spoken of one God...perhaps you would like to make reference to the Gods that i have purportedly spoken of on a daily basis...then answer my question (if you dont mind)
You have spoken to God.
Maybe you should run that by Fiasco - he is in the habit of assessing the quality of people's claims and deciding whether or not they are justified in making such a claim.
Felasco

Post by Felasco »

chaz wyman wrote:You have spoken to God.
Maybe you should run that by Fiasco - he is in the habit of assessing the quality of people's claims and deciding whether or not they are justified in making such a claim.
Same answer I gave you.

BTW, all of philosophy is in the habit of assessing the quality of people's claims and deciding whether or not they are justified in making such a claim. Just so you know... :-)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Most of us have spoken to God at some point...its when '''He''' responds that isn't so common.

Are you going to answer my question...

.....our perceptible reality has the three dimensions with the fourth being time...the fourth dimension is the tricky one that man has a hard time to comprehend. Scientists are going on paper to 11 dimensions and more to explain our reality, yet you dismiss the possibility of a 'God' and remain atheist..not even considering '''IT'''' plausible.

Why?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Felasco wrote:
Same answer I gave you.

BTW, all of philosophy is in the habit of assessing the quality of people's claims and deciding whether or not they are justified in making such a claim. Just so you know... :-)
Then maybe you should learn a bit?
You still haven't had the balls to tell me what my claim is, and why I am not allowed to make it.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
Most of us have spoken to God at some point...its when '''He''' responds that isn't so common.

Are you going to answer my question...

.....our perceptible reality has the three dimensions with the fourth being time...the fourth dimension is the tricky one that man has a hard time to comprehend. Scientists are going on paper to 11 dimensions and more to explain our reality, yet you dismiss the possibility of a 'God' and remain atheist..not even considering '''IT'''' plausible.

Why?
When you grow up in the world, maybe you will stop asking like a child does, why, why, why. Has it ever occurred to you that some questions are meaningless and some have no answer. That for some things there are only physical and material causes?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:When you grow up in the world, maybe you will stop asking like a child does, why, why, why. Has it ever occurred to you that some questions are meaningless and some have no answer. That for some things there are only physical and material causes?
I will never stop questioning. Now that i know God exists, i am questioning How? It is not childish to question someone's faith...and that is all you have...a BELIEF that there is no God.

When the complexity of the nature of reality around us is considered, it is far more reasonable to be agnostic than atheist.

You still dont consider that God could result from physical, material causes and the question pertaining to that to you is meaningless...you truly do have a closed mind.
Felasco

Post by Felasco »

Yes, I understand, everybody is a fool and an idiot etc, except for Chaz.
You still haven't had the balls to tell me what my claim is, and why I am not allowed to make it.
Oh, yes, I forgot, and nobody has any balls either, except for Chaz.

You are free to make any claim you want. You know exactly what your atheist claims are Chaz, as it's you typing them over and over and over again.

C'mon Chaz, you're dragging threads like this in to the mud with all your endless compulsive reactivity. If somebody said "Chaz is wonderful, a genius!" you wouldn't be able to help yourself, and would call them a stupid fool etc.

It's a boring and repetitive routine you've got going there, and we all know you can do better.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:When you grow up in the world, maybe you will stop asking like a child does, why, why, why. Has it ever occurred to you that some questions are meaningless and some have no answer. That for some things there are only physical and material causes?
I will never stop questioning. Now that i know God exists, i am questioning How? It is not childish to question someone's faith...and that is all you have...a BELIEF that there is no God.

When the complexity of the nature of reality around us is considered, it is far more reasonable to be agnostic than atheist.

You still dont consider that God could result from physical, material causes and the question pertaining to that to you is meaningless...you truly do have a closed mind.
You mind is completely closed off. You cannot 'know' there is a god, that is absurd and you have closed your mind off to other possibilities.
I agree you THINK that you know there is a God, but that is not the same as knowing it.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Felasco wrote:
Yes, I understand, everybody is a fool and an idiot etc, except for Chaz.
Oh, yes, I forgot, and nobody has any balls either, except for Chaz.

You are free to make any claim you want. You know exactly what your atheist claims are Chaz, as it's you typing them over and over and over again.

C'mon Chaz, you're dragging threads like this in to the mud with all your endless compulsive reactivity. If somebody said "Chaz is wonderful, a genius!" you wouldn't be able to help yourself, and would call them a stupid fool etc.

It's a boring and repetitive routine you've got going there, and we all know you can do better.

You are just making an arse of yourself, again and again.
You still haven't had the balls to tell me what my claim is, and why I am not allowed to make it. A conversation or an argument depends on one person asking questions and the other answering them. That is what a Forum is for.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

chaz wyman wrote:... you THINK that you know there is a God, but that is not the same as knowing it.
That's an interesting assertion, chaz! How do you decide that you truly know something, and what makes you think you only think you know something?
Notvacka

Post by Notvacka »

If you think about it, you know that you don't actually know anything... 8)
Notvacka

Post by Notvacka »

attofishpi wrote:You still dont consider that God could result from physical, material causes.
Nothing resulting from physical, material causes would fit my definition of God.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:You mind is completely closed off. You cannot 'know' there is a god, that is absurd and you have closed your mind off to other possibilities.
...here we go again.

Why do you THINK one cannot know there is a God?
I accept your consideration of other possibilities and initially (15 years ago) I was open to other possibilities...however over time '''it''' made '''itself''' very clear to me...that '''it''' was God.
chaz wyman wrote:I agree you THINK that you know there is a God, but that is not the same as knowing it.
Oh dear God...