Introducing...Moi!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TheJanus

Introducing...Moi!

Post by TheJanus »

Hello,

My name is Thomas. I'm 23. I'm a graduate of philosophy and literature from Queen's University Belfast. Just finished my Masters in English Literature and looking forward to resuming my study of all things metaphysical. I'm also planning - hopefully - on going to Oxford to do a DPhil sometime next year. Fingers crossed. For now, I'm on a year out; currently travelling and spending more and more time writing in my little Hemingway moleskine. Aside from all this academic palava, I study philosophy in my spare time. Since I was a kid I was interested in the subject itself - I think every child is a natural philosopher. We always ask why and what something is; it's just a wonder why some of us stop doing so in later life. I also love the philosophy now magazines. I even have some of the old editions: you know, the black and white ones with the old type-script and missing picture of Rick. I think I first spotted the magazine some five years now, and it has impressed itself upon me ever since. Thanks Rick; you really have given many people out there some good food-for-thought.
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

Hi Thomas,

I'm an County Antrim man myself, I've been exiled to Sussex for years now. I'm sure you had a great time up in Queens, a great university.

Welcome
TheJanus

Post by TheJanus »

Hi Xenophon,

Yes, Queen's is very good indeed; I had a great time there and have met many friends through the university. But tell me, what is it that has made you emigrate to Sussex? Do you miss the fair fields of Antrim?
bullwinkle

Post by bullwinkle »

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the forum.

Bullwinkle
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

TheJanus wrote:Hi Xenophon,

Yes, Queen's is very good indeed; I had a great time there and have met many friends through the university. But tell me, what is it that has made you emigrate to Sussex? Do you miss the fair fields of Antrim?
I reached Sussex via many other places over the years, it wasn't the weather that made me stay here, it's sleeting outside and bloody freezing! Feels just like home
TheJanus

Post by TheJanus »

It's damn freezing here also! Perhaps it was love that drove you away, then! :D
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

No, adventure. It was love that finally settled me in Sussex though, the loveliest corner of England.
bullwinkle

Post by bullwinkle »

xenophon wrote:It was love that finally settled me in Sussex though, the loveliest corner of England.
You've got a very successful county cricket team too, which I can't help being jealous about as a lancastrian.
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

bullwinkle wrote:
xenophon wrote:It was love that finally settled me in Sussex though, the loveliest corner of England.
You've got a very successful county cricket team too, which I can't help being jealous about as a lancastrian.
Yes, Chris Adams and the boys have been great. It's a shame no-one watches the cricket much at Hove, not like the 6000 who regularly turn up and watch the very ordinary Brighton & Hove Albion at the Withdean.

I lived around the corner from the County ground for a couple of years and always meant to go and see a cricket match, but never got around to doing it - too lazy. I did go and see McFly in concert there last summer though :(