Feeling the strain of 'science'. Questions the point.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roger_cope

Feeling the strain of 'science'. Questions the point.

Post by roger_cope »

Hi, so I am here to possibly find an outlet and input of conflictions that I am currently feeling towards my current path of choice.
I have recently been changed somewhat by my choice to return to education after a little ten year hiatus, although I love what I am learning I am now really questioning the reality of the information and this reality that can be warped to whoevers advantage by using statistics and only showing positive results etc what the point is and whether or not I wish to continue with this path.

Also over summer I have found philosophy and has that been missing from my life, so an expansion on this topic is also a reason to be here.
Resha Caner

Re: Feeling the strain of 'science'. Questions the point.

Post by Resha Caner »

Yeah, I think the public perception of science leans toward realism, so it can be a shock to learn how subjective science can be.
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

Resha Caner wrote:Yeah, I think the public perception of science leans toward realism, so it can be a shock to learn how subjective science can be.
The clown didn't even explain what the fuck he was concerned about. You are a muslim, right? It must be pretty shocking for you to study science and laugh at such Islamic claims as the devil sleeps in the bridge of a person's nose at night, so a muslim must blow his nose three times in the morning. Not to mention sperm being created in the spine, not the testes; the sun having set on the earth, when it is far larger than the earth and would burn it up; stars are lamps that an allah tosses at devils, which would mean that we would not even be able to predict our own sun's orbit; that evolution did not occur; that there was an act of creation, when we know something always existed; that salt water does not mix with fresh water, that an embryo has hard tissues form before soft tissue, that the earth is flat, etc., etc. How any thinking person can be a muslim is beyond me.

Atheism is the way to go.
Resha Caner

Post by Resha Caner »

SecularCauses wrote:You are a muslim, right?
No, I am not. The presumptions you are making should not be part of what I expect you think is a "scientific" outlook on the world.
SecularCauses wrote:Atheism is the way to go.
How does this relate to my comments on the subjective aspects of science? I never said science is wrong or useless. My career makes heavy use of science.
johngalthasspoken

Post by johngalthasspoken »

SecularCauses wrote: The clown didn't even explain what the fuck he was concerned about. You are a muslim, right? It must be pretty shocking for you to study science and laugh at such Islamic claims as the devil sleeps in the bridge of a person's nose at night, so a muslim must blow his nose three times in the morning. Not to mention sperm being created in the spine, not the testes; the sun having set on the earth, when it is far larger than the earth and would burn it up; stars are lamps that an allah tosses at devils, which would mean that we would not even be able to predict our own sun's orbit; that evolution did not occur; that there was an act of creation, when we know something always existed; that salt water does not mix with fresh water, that an embryo has hard tissues form before soft tissue, that the earth is flat, etc., etc. How any thinking person can be a muslim is beyond me.

let me get this, so this clown writes some of the most vile comments about muslims & viciously attacking the Islamic faith & calling christians "scum" , but gets all defensive whenever Judaism or the terrorist state of Israel is called into question.
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

johngalthasspoken wrote:
SecularCauses wrote: The clown didn't even explain what the fuck he was concerned about. You are a muslim, right? It must be pretty shocking for you to study science and laugh at such Islamic claims as the devil sleeps in the bridge of a person's nose at night, so a muslim must blow his nose three times in the morning. Not to mention sperm being created in the spine, not the testes; the sun having set on the earth, when it is far larger than the earth and would burn it up; stars are lamps that an allah tosses at devils, which would mean that we would not even be able to predict our own sun's orbit; that evolution did not occur; that there was an act of creation, when we know something always existed; that salt water does not mix with fresh water, that an embryo has hard tissues form before soft tissue, that the earth is flat, etc., etc. How any thinking person can be a muslim is beyond me.

let me get this, so this clown writes some of the most vile comments about muslims & viciously attacking the Islamic faith & calling christians "scum" , but gets all defensive whenever Judaism or the terrorist state of Israel is called into question.
What are you even writing about? Did you refute any of my comments above? Nope. I attack comments that are false with respect to Judaism and Israel. The fact is I hate all religiou superstition, and that includes Judaism.