alternatives to taxation

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: alternatives to taxation

Post by chaz wyman »

I always find it really amusing to see Americans grasp for straws in criticising Europe and "Europeans" (whatever they are), because in Europe we have exactly what most Americans really want - Real Federalism.
We have an alliance (mostly economic) of states that are independent sovereign states in a Union, each unique and following the democratic wishes (by and large) of the citizens of those states.
Whereas in America they mostly deplore the power of the President and the (so-called) Federal authorities. They only pretend to be Federalist. In fact when the FBI muscle in the local pigs have to do back to their sty, and when Washington shouts - the states get an earache. The fact is that the USA is not a Union of States but a monolithic tyranny ruled by a minority President who, since the beginning of US history has always received less than half of the possible votes, due to voter apathy. The 'states' of America are not even states, but have the administrative power of counties.
Yet he has more power then any other leader, except North Korea's, over his people.

How can one man represent 270 million - he doesn't even have to try.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote: The fact is that the USA is a monolithic tyranny ruled by a minority President who has always received less than half of the possible votes due to voter apathy.
This proves my earlier point that elections should be determined by a scientific sample set up by the A.C. Nielsen Company, and not individual ballots cast by all eligible voters.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: The fact is that the USA is a monolithic tyranny ruled by a minority President who has always received less than half of the possible votes due to voter apathy.
This proves my earlier point that elections should be determined by a scientific sample set up by the A.C. Nielsen Company, and not individual ballots cast by all eligible voters.

No, it proves you are an idiot, and so are the electorate.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote:

No, it proves you are an idiot, and so are the electorate.
Nielsen figures would be authentic, covering everyone, even those people who for whatever reason don't go to the polls to vote. It's unfortunate that you fail to understand the principle behind my proposal, but then, again, many Evensonomic principles just seem to fly over your head.