Teen Pregnancy

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: Teen Pregnancy

Post by reasonvemotion »

My daughter will be taught which males are worthy of passing their seed into a new generation
Satyr? :)

A laugh a minute, the mind boggles, this remark just cracks me up.............. passing their seed....... LOL

The only thing you would pass on is insanity.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:Your daughter, fifteen years of age, comes home and announces she is pregnant.

Keep the baby, give the baby up for adoption or is it exlusively her life and stay out of it.

If she decides to keep the baby, would you as her parents, be willing to take care of her baby for her?

There are many people wanting to adopt, how difficult would it be to give it away.

In this scenario abortion is not an option.

The boyfriend realises his life will change forever, what about school, career. A baby at 16!
1) A 15 yo girl is not in a position to have a child.
2) She has not reached legal majority.
3) Abortion is always an option. (Contraception is always a better one.)
4) Adoption is less of a viable option than abortion in most cases. Girls become attached to a new born in a way that giving it away can have a far more damaging emotional effect that abortion by far.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Girls become attached to a new born in a way that giving it away can have a far more damaging emotional effect that abortion by far.

Until they want to hang out with their friends again, without a baby.

That is where the responsibility covertly shifts to the grandmother/grandfather and caring for an infant is exhausting work.

Let me ask you CW, if your son at 15 and his 15 y o GF had a child, kept it and came to live with you, would you be prepared to take on the role as father when "the kids" wanted out after getting over their attachedness. Maybe you would not object. Doc on this forum seems to take a lot of responsibility for his grandchildren. Ten out of ten to Doc.

Frankly, I couldn't and I would be very disappointed in a daughter who did become pregnant so young.
There is no excuse for it, there are plenty of choices for contraception. I tend to think if it does happen, it is intentional.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:
Girls become attached to a new born in a way that giving it away can have a far more damaging emotional effect that abortion by far.

That is where the responsibility covertly shifts to the grandmother/grandfather and caring for an infant is exhausting work.

Let me ask you CW, if your son at 15 and his 15 y o GF had a child, kept it and came to live with you, would you be prepared to take on the role as father when "the kids" wanted out after getting over their attachedness. Maybe you would not object. Doc on this forum seems to take a lot of responsibility for his grandchildren. Ten out of ten to Doc.

Frankly, I couldn't and I would be very disappointed in a daughter who did become pregnant so young.
There is no excuse for it, there are plenty of choices for contraception. I tend to think if it does happen, it is intentional.
You've managed to completely trivialise an important comment.
I'm talking about girls impelled to give up a new born and the life time of emotional scars that leaves.
I don't think the babysitting issue is a relevant response to this.

I have a 16 yo son, he does not live with me. If he became a Dad he would ruin his life as he would be compelled to continue to live in rural Wales knocking out any chance for a career or life outside his mothers apron strings.
There is no way I would think this was the way to go.

I don't see why doc gets the 10/10. If that's what pleases him okay, It's not what pleases me. So 10/10 for me too eh?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atthet wrote:
Lynn wrote:Nope, your attempt to control my thoughts and beliefs doesn't work but nice try :lol: .
You're right, Lynn. You're too strong for me and my control. You win, like usual.

The problem I have with Christians is your hypocrisy. You say that you do not judge people negatively, but, when I open your cranium up, peek inside, and watch you think, watch you believe in your lies, then I know what it is you're doing, and why. I know the inspiration for your hypocrisy, to say you do not "discriminate negatively", but then, I don't see Christian women giving handjobs and spreading their legs to bums out on the streets, and underneath the bridges. I can see through your lies.
Excuse me, but I think the majority of those you are partaking of the services of under bridges and in back alleys are probably christians. Are you able to tell if the person giving you a hand/blow job is a christian telepathically? Remarkable.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

1) A 15 yo girl is not in a position to have a child.
In that case we can cancel out any emotions.

I have not trivalised intentionally. I think I have responded realistically.

I can think of a very good example of "giving up". When I was living overseas in London, a girl I knew became pregnant. The father disappeared and then the girl met another man, who offered her a "good life" on the proviso she gave up the other man's child. She went through the pregnancy, had the child and gave it up. It was horrific to witness the whole procedure. They married and I never saw them again as I returned to my own country. I can't to this day understand either of them. What a trade off. It is something I will never forget.

Either way it would never be easy.
John

Post by John »

johngalthasspoken wrote:how about teaching your daughter to learn to keep her trap shut
You can't get pregnant from oral sex. You have much to learn it would seem.
vegetariantaxidermy

John wrote:
johngalthasspoken wrote:how about teaching your daughter to learn to keep her trap shut
You can't get pregnant from oral sex. You have much to learn it would seem.
:lol: I wondered what he meant by that.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I think his philosophy is

"Shut the fuck up and open your legs"

Nice one.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

reasonvemotion wrote:

If the parent 'gets over the Attachedness', it wasn't real in the first place, much like infatuation rather than real Love. Granted my daughter was a few years older that the hypothetical proposed in the OP, and the father was even older with a previous son. But there has been no reduction in the attachment of either for the children. With the daughter there was no problem hanging out with her friends, many of them were having children of their own, or were really facinated with the young children, so it was like a group of Moms and their kids getting together comparing notes. Likewise the father had taken almost complete responsability for the previous son and I just picked that up when my own grandson came along.

A little aside, my grandaughter has an extremely well developed sense of Humor for her age. Some time ago she was telling my daughters friend, who was taking care of her, that she (the grandaughter) had a wet diaper, or a poopy diaper. Each time when checked, and it wasn't true, and the grandaughter would say "Just Kidding". Just a couple days ago she told me that she pooped her diaper, and it smelled like it (Really "I Farted" in her words). She was completely straight faced as I carried her back to change her, and only when I took the diaper off and found nothing, barely wet, she started laughing and saying "that funny", - 'my reaction' was funny to her.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

chaz wyman wrote: It's not what pleases me. So 10/10 for me too eh?

No, 0/10, if you don't support your children, then you have no real emotional attatchment to them, no love in evidence. I would wonder if anyone who does not have an emotional attatchment to their children, is really human. Most animals, at least have some protective, and supportive, instinct for their offspring.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:1) A 15 yo girl is not in a position to have a child.
ummm.... and why is that

its an arbitrary concept of no philosophical relevance
3) Abortion is always an option. (Contraception is always a better one.)
its not a live option for everyone

i know one girl who got pregnant at 16 and her parents wanted her to have an abortion - and she just did not see it as a serious option

so now she no longer lives with her atheist parents and instead she and her baby live with her holy roller great-aunt

i think her parents could have handled the whole thing without alienating their daughter

anyway she was never exposed to the anti abortion message that is common in churches

but she just didn't want to do it - there might be some basic biological drives at work there
johngalthasspoken

Post by johngalthasspoken »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Why do these 'morals' only apply to females? Stick your stinking double standards up your arse!
Women should be held to a higher moral standard. modernity creates the illusion of gender equality.there will always be double standards ,and no amount of women's studies or gender studies is going to change that.so might as well get used to it.
vegetariantaxidermy

johngalthasspoken wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Why do these 'morals' only apply to females? Stick your stinking double standards up your arse!
Women should be held to a higher moral standard. modernity creates the illusion of gender equality.there will always be double standards ,and no amount of women's studies or gender studies is going to change that.so might as well get used to it.
What the fuck does it have to do with 'morality'? Who are the males supposed to have sex with then if all the females are too 'moral' to fuck? IDIOT!!!
You never think anything through.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Nothing to do with morality, it's more a physological delema. Any male can fuck and make a baby but it's the female who is stuck for 9 months of misery. So the male, who can fuck and run, has less physical investment in the child. It's the female who has the 9 month emotional investment before the child is even seen. For many males it is a complete physical and emotional inequality, but for a real 'man' there is no question of taking responsability for the act.