Misogyny

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Misogyny

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's interesting to note that if a woman came on here ranting about how much she hates men everyone would reel back in disgusted horror (both male and female), yet several posters on this forum regularly write the most vile, misogynistic shit about women and no one bats an eyelid. Women have far more reason to hate men than the other way round, yet they rarely do. Why would that be?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ForgedinHell

Re: Misogyny

Post by ForgedinHell »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It's interesting to note that if a woman came on here ranting about how much she hates men everyone would reel back in disgusted horror (both male and female), yet several posters on this forum regularly write the most vile, misogynistic shit about women and no one bats an eyelid. Women have far more reason to hate men than the other way round, yet they rarely do. Why would that be?
Because loveable men like me make up for the scoundrels, that's why.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It's interesting to note that if a woman came on here ranting about how much she hates men everyone would reel back in disgusted horror (both male and female),
You need to prove your premise first. Why is there a lack of "man-hating", on a philosophy forum?
Isn't philosophy a male-only and completely male-dominated enterprise? Why can't women participate in philosophy?
Think about what you're implying here, my princess. You're saying that misogyny, man hatred, is absent on a philosophy forum. What does this say about emotion? What does this say about emotion, over reason and rationality? What does this say about gender?

You haven't thought this out, my darling, have you?
johngalthasspoken

Post by johngalthasspoken »

A misogynist is a man who hates women as much as they hate each other. 8)
vegetariantaxidermy

Atthet wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It's interesting to note that if a woman came on here ranting about how much she hates men everyone would reel back in disgusted horror (both male and female),
You need to prove your premise first. Why is there a lack of "man-hating", on a philosophy forum?
Isn't philosophy a male-only and completely male-dominated enterprise? Why can't women participate in philosophy?
Think about what you're implying here, my princess. You're saying that misogyny, man hatred, is absent on a philosophy forum. What does this say about emotion? What does this say about emotion, over reason and rationality? What does this say about gender?

The evidence is all over the forum. A philosophy forum is hardly unique in its misogyny. I'm only stating the obvious. Perhaps you and Johngal could explain why you hate women so much.
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Atthet wrote:

Her point, assuming it even is a she, is that scum like you come on here and make idiotic, hateful comments that serve no rational purpose, and that she has noted many people do not confront you on your crap. You are scum. As I pointed out previously, anti-semites are typically those who also hate women. The reason? Many are self-hating gays. I'm pretty sure that fits you.
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Atthet wrote:

Veg is not asking people to hate men, she is asking people to confront idiots like you.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

ForgedinHell wrote:Her point, assuming it even is a she, is that scum like you come on here and make idiotic, hateful comments that serve no rational purpose, and that she has noted many people do not confront you on your crap. You are scum. As I pointed out previously, anti-semites are typically those who also hate women. The reason? Many are self-hating gays. I'm pretty sure that fits you.
Okay Foggy, your claims are as follows.
1 I'm hateful.
2 My comments are irrational.
3 I hate women particularly.
4 I'm anti-semitic.
5 I'm self-hating.
6 I'm a homosexual.

None of this, even if true, is on topic. Maybe you can't read very well? If you did read veggy's topic, then you would have noticed, she wanted to know why don't women come onto a philosophy forum to vent man-hatred or general frustration with men? Will you address this topic, or do you want me to keep goign? Fine, I'll keep going then.
Think about the participation in philosophy, in the first case. Philosophy is obviously male dominated, like American football. So, a woman would be outnumbered to voice her discontent. Consider the analogy I made, why would a woman who hates football, log onto a football forum, and scream about how much she hates football, and how her husband never pays attention to her, and watches football instead? Why wouldn't a woman do this? Maybe, just maybe, women have some common sense to them?

Philosophy is the most male dominated activity, possible. There has never, not once in history, been a female philosopher. Let's start with this assumption, and then re-ask the question, why don't women come onto a philosophy forum, and hate on men? Could it be, that women don't understand philosophy in the first place, and so, cannot express any valid complaint or discontent, against something, a practice, an activity, a thought experiment, that is completely foreign and opposite from the mentality of the female specie?
johngalthasspoken

Post by johngalthasspoken »

ForgedinHell wrote: Because loveable men like me make up for the scoundrels, that's why.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh foggyfarts, all this white-knighting ,you probably won't even get a hand job out of it.
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

Don't make me die laughing FiH, I'm too young for it!
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

The Voice of Time wrote:Don't make me die laughing FiH, I'm too young for it!
Jealous?
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

johngalthasspoken wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote: Because loveable men like me make up for the scoundrels, that's why.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh foggyfarts, all this white-knighting ,you probably won't even get a hand job out of it.
Using your "logic" I could say you are looking for a hand job from satyr.
vegetariantaxidermy

Atthet wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:Her point, assuming it even is a she, is that scum like you come on here and make idiotic, hateful comments that serve no rational purpose, and that she has noted many people do not confront you on your crap. You are scum. As I pointed out previously, anti-semites are typically those who also hate women. The reason? Many are self-hating gays. I'm pretty sure that fits you.
Okay Foggy, your claims are as follows.
1 I'm hateful.
2 My comments are irrational.
3 I hate women particularly.
4 I'm anti-semitic.
5 I'm self-hating.
6 I'm a homosexual.

None of this, even if true, is on topic. Maybe you can't read very well? If you did read veggy's topic, then you would have noticed, she wanted to know why don't women come onto a philosophy forum to vent man-hatred or general frustration with men? Will you address this topic, or do you want me to keep goign? Fine, I'll keep going then.
Think about the participation in philosophy, in the first case. Philosophy is obviously male dominated, like American football. So, a woman would be outnumbered to voice her discontent. Consider the analogy I made, why would a woman who hates football, log onto a football forum, and scream about how much she hates football, and how her husband never pays attention to her, and watches football instead? Why wouldn't a woman do this? Maybe, just maybe, women have some common sense to them?

Philosophy is the most male dominated activity, possible. There has never, not once in history, been a female philosopher. Let's start with this assumption, and then re-ask the question, why don't women come onto a philosophy forum, and hate on men? Could it be, that women don't understand philosophy in the first place, and so, cannot express any valid complaint or discontent, against something, a practice, an activity, a thought experiment, that is completely foreign and opposite from the mentality of the female specie?
As a matter of fact many studies show women to have a higher average IQ than men, which probably means we are about equal because someone will come up with other tests that show the opposite. Clearly women must have been evolving something between their ears in all those millions of years. How do you define a philosopher? Who are the philosophers on this forum?
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:As a matter of fact many studies show women to have a higher average IQ than men, which probably means we are about equal because someone will come up with other tests that show the opposite. Clearly women must have been evolving something between their ears in all those millions of years. How do you define a philosopher?
A philosopher is a man whose highest values are Courage, Truth, and Doubt, in that order.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Who are the philosophers on this forum?
The wisest man, who represents the complete authority of his own voice, and can make statements with far-reaching effects and implications, perhaps even real effects and events.
vegetariantaxidermy

Atthet wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:As a matter of fact many studies show women to have a higher average IQ than men, which probably means we are about equal because someone will come up with other tests that show the opposite. Clearly women must have been evolving something between their ears in all those millions of years. How do you define a philosopher?
A philosopher is a man whose highest values are Courage, Truth, and Doubt, in that order.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Who are the philosophers on this forum?
The wisest man, who represents the complete authority of his own voice, and can make statements with far-reaching effects and implications, perhaps even real effects and events.
Hmm, I take it you are referring to the cloven-hoofed one?? I would say that anyone who is curious, has a desire to understand, and is prepared to think rationally and utilise their ability to reason and use logic, is a philosopher.