Hobbies?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Hobbies?

Post by thedoc »

Why isn't there a thread or seperate forum on the philosophy of Hobbies? Hobbies are very therapeudic and sometimes allow people to become introspective and philosophical. I would think almost everyone has some kind of Hobby appart from their vocation. I have several, some more active at present than others, but still an active interest.
The Voice of Time

Re: Hobbies?

Post by The Voice of Time »

It's very hard to keep things serious if there were to be a philosophy forum for everything you can philosophize about. We have general forum and The Lounge for non-specifics.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

philosophy is a hobby of mine, i've found it to be very helpful. some people have said to me, and i understand where their coming from, but, some people have said to me, get out and do something. i'd like to, but i just don't fit in. i'm not a sports person, i'm not... the list goes on, but i seem to find philosophy an enjoyable hobby. i've been thinking on and off here and there about why i love philosophy, it's usefulness, and i'd like to express more of that now, but am not able to. but i find it very helpful, and very useful. i immensly enjoyed Ray Tallis's Tallis In Wonderland's :lol: recent article on 'Sleep' very much.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

When i was younger..

I built ships, planes and dioramas.
won awards.
now my hobby is life.
I try to do it well. Modeled on the greats of history.
-------------------------------------------------------inappropriate and off topic
Alas.. i will die alone and unknown.
My kid will mourn for a day or so.not realizing the books i shoved down her throat were 'for a reason'
Such is life.

My fiery end will be 'by will' accompanied by rendition of bohemian rhapsody. Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGNLo8K6Fk
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hjarloprillar wrote:When i was younger..

I built ships, planes and dioramas.
won awards.
I remember, perhaps I was just building for my own satisfaction and did not concern myself with what others thought.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

bus2bondi wrote:philosophy is a hobby of mine, i've found it to be very helpful. some people have said to me, and i understand where their coming from, but, some people have said to me, get out and do something. i'd like to, but i just don't fit in. i'm not a sports person, i'm not... the list goes on, but i seem to find philosophy an enjoyable hobby. i've been thinking on and off here and there about why i love philosophy, it's usefulness, and i'd like to express more of that now, but am not able to. but i find it very helpful, and very useful. i immensly enjoyed Ray Tallis's Tallis In Wonderland's :lol: recent article on 'Sleep' very much.

Dude.. i delivered mail out of bondi Junction .. that bus nearly wiped me every week.
what a job. hard job . A hour a day staring a tits of great white sheilas.
bondi beach is like brazil and others.. a feast..

oh philosophy

It was very empirical.