Who is an anti-semite?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Outsider

Who is an anti-semite?

Post by Outsider »

What is your definition of an anti-semite?
Grendel

Re: Who is an anti-semite?

Post by Grendel »

Outsider wrote:What is your definition of an anti-semite?

For the people who use the term like there's no tomorrow, everyone of the planet except for them.

For me, not being pedantic about the literal meaning of the word (which technically makes most Arabs and only some Jews, Semites,) people of pretty strong far right views leaning toward those of the Nazis.
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

Anti-Semitism: any belief that people of Jewish origin have a lesser human worth than other human beings on principle of being of Jewish origin, this might also include associates of people of Jewish origin.

The best way to expose Anti-Semitism is to expose any situation where folk of Jewish origin, or associates, are given less worth compared to another person of comparable qualities, be it in work, business, social life, law or otherwise. But the problem here is that least any argument that exposes a preference for non-Jews are found, there is nothing but guessing which you can conduct. This often leads to the problem that people don't know if their image of something is correct, and they can find themselves lying or missing an opportunity to show a truth because there is no such evidence. The solution here is usually not treat the problem as a direct problem, rather as a general problem.

For instance, if a country was having a lack of jobs, let's say 50% unemployment, and Jews were a qualified group, but no more or less qualified than their counterparts, however yet were largely neglected in big queues for jobs, they should appeal in the society for ethnocentric solidarity aid in acquiring jobs, as the term would be. This is a practice which seeks to establish equality among the different ethnic groups in a society. To blame Anti-Semitism would in other words be to gamble with truth, this one however solves the problem based on another principle, and the problem, depending on the strength it is carried out, is solved.

Modern statecraft I call this ;)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

People who pepper their conversations with "Jew-boy", "****", "Yid", etc. In general conspiracy theorists who think there is a Jewish cabel out to control the world and wish to have a reason to explain away their own inadequacies and failings.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote:
People who pepper their conversations with "Jew-boy", "****", "Yid", etc. In general conspiracy theorists who think there is a Jewish cabel out to control the world and wish to have a reason to explain away their own inadequacies and failings.

Touche.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Anti-Semitism is really a form of racism. Not exclusively to serve as a symbol for the jews.
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

The usage of words is what an anti-semite is?

If someone were to use words to hurt another, or to goad a response from them, or to manipulate them, is he also a racist?

Is admitting that speciation happens within a population racist?
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

A racist, sexist, anti-Semite...our morality stops there...is anyone who connects the past with the present in a manner unflattering to the ones involved.

If anybody gets hurt by any hypothesis, particularly from amongst our select groups, is to be considered a violent, bullying, bigot...and one who spreads hate.
Automatically this excludes many of the greats who were unfortunate enough to be born in primitive periods of time when the moral pinnacle we enjoy today in the west, was still a dream.
we can dismiss Nietzsche, Kant, Schopenhauer, Spengler, Plato, Socrates, Heraclitus, Sterner, Hume, Heidegger, Evola, De Guenon, Weininger, and many, many others simply by finding "immoral", by our vastly superior moral standards, perspectives in their genius....easily dismissing them as "debunked...oh and Freud, Jung, as well.

Luckily, for us, we can offer $1,000 to settle this face to face...you know rationally.
Whomever kills the other is correct...and if he so happens to be a member of the pack who enjoy the moral high-ground then their violence can be considered a benevolent act of God.

A knife in a Nazi's eye-socket is divine, proving how superior our moral understandings are.
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

"Projection: Because some Jews regard themselves as a racially exclusive tribe, they tend to believe that others – non Jews –will also regard them as such. In other words, many Jews project their own ethno-centric symptoms onto the Goyim i.e.They think the Goyim are as racially driven as they are.
It took me some time to realise that in many cases it is Zionist and Jewish lobbies that maintain and promote the ‘anti-racism’ politicaldiscourse, and they do so for two main reasons:
1.Being submerged in a racially driven discourse themselves,they are bound to think in terms of racial political categories.
2.Racism/anti-racism is convenient because it removes anyresponsibility from the victim. If Jews are hated just for ‘being Jews’, then the Jew is ethically flawless.
The implications of all this are grave - as long as Jewish identity politics and Zionism are shielded by categorical definitions of ‘anti-racism’, Jews can avoid any form of self-reflection." [Gilad Atzmon]

So, because of this megalomaniacal exclusivity, any argument against a semite and jews in particular are experienced and immediately met out with anti-semitic cries, leaving no scope for self-reflection.
Jews can state
un-scientific facts,
un-historical facts,
un-realistic facts,
which everyone else can see, ranging from the Israel's humanitarian crimes and its apartheid, to 'The' holocaust and exclusivity and special privilege for the deaths of jewish children alone, to stating that jews/zionists have no influence over american policies, and gender differences have no bio-social genetic basis, to even claiming that science has nothing to do with philosophy.

When the above are challenged, the easiest way to finish off and discredit the other is just call them an anti-semite.

You challenge a fact and you get discredited under the convenience of spreading hatred.

You call them a Nazi, as if fellow semites have never finished off fellow semites in the ancient past or communist russia...

Lets ask the question,

'What' is an anti-semite in the present day?
I say its a convenient detraction used by semites to refuse to make space to entertain another perspective.
It is a convenient detraction to never have to justify or prove anything when questioned, when one being a semite is enough to act as self-evidence for everything. You challenge anything, you are challenging the semite for being a semite. Its an either/or.

Question is, what can be done today to challenge these semitic perspectives that hide under racial-exclusivity while calling the other a racist?! How bigoted can it get?

Question is, what will become of Science, and History, and Philosophy when free-thought and expression get dummied for charges of Nazism and Anti-semitism?

Does a chinese buddhist monk who questions the exclusivity of the sufferings and death of Jewish children alone become a Nazi and an anti-semite? Is the Dalai Lama a wicked hateful man when he speaks against Israeli atrocities as he does on any other atrocity happening anywhere else?

Does a secular jew like Atzmon who questions Zionist crimes and morality become an anti-semite and a Nazi on that account? And on that account, does anything he say become automatically void and contentless and just hate-speech? Was kafka an anti-semitic dolt?

Doesn't the labelling of false hatred on others, a projection of self-hatred unable to come to terms with itself?

'What' is an anti-semite?
I say its a procrastination for a self-hatred excusing itself under maniacal special privilege denying any other the same freedom.
The Voice of Time

Ay Satyr, Aristotle is the classical example. To him women were "a less developed man", as many modern people has described his view of women, and at that time it was taboo to not separate the slaves, mostly foreigners like Black or Arab or East-European, from the "civilized eugenetically superior Greeks", as was the view the Greeks, at least a public of Greeks, had of themselves at that time. The Greek man's excellence was a major-focus at the time, the sports-arenas the Greeks built, and the Greek Olympics, are all, at least in part, such an installation to ensure the strict progression of the Greek men's qualities.

You know, if you read the history of Ancient Greece and the short history of the Nazi-Empire you'll see strikingly many similarities ^^ Although the Greeks weren't of course as effective and not so sudden in their developments, and differed more between themselves and swung in moral attitudes and standards of philosophy and the workings of society along the centuries. But some of them were real racists, and those racists influenced society a lot, at least this last comment is my picture of the history, not necessarily facts.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

The Voice of Time wrote:Ay Satyr, Aristotle is the classical example. To him women were "a less developed man", as many modern people has described his view of women, and at that time it was taboo to not separate the slaves, mostly foreigners like Black or Arab or East-European, from the "civilized eugenetically superior Greeks", as was the view the Greeks, at least a public of Greeks, had of themselves at that time. The Greek man's excellence was a major-focus at the time, the sports-arenas the Greeks built, and the Greek Olympics, are all, at least in part, such an installation to ensure the strict progression of the Greek men's qualities.
And what immoral douche-bags they were.

Let's not even speak of them.
The Voice of Time wrote:You know, if you read the history of Ancient Greece and the short history of the Nazi-Empire you'll see strikingly many similarities ^^ Although the Greeks weren't of course as effective and not so sudden in their developments, and differed more between themselves and swung in moral attitudes and standards of philosophy and the workings of society along the centuries. But some of them were real racists, and those racists influenced society a lot, at least this last comment is my picture of the history, not necessarily facts.
The only resemblance between the Nazi regime and the ancient Greeks was superficial.
They had a common ground in the Doric traditions of Sparta.

But merely speaking the name "Nazi" makes you a despicable douche-bag.
I offer you $4,000 to come and say that to my face.
The Voice of Time

Well, I first need the address, then I need to see if the flight ticket will be covered with $4000, then I need an advance since I don't have any money at the moment, I also need to count in a possible one-night accommodation, not to speak of public transport fairs...

While we're at it, you could give me that series of four meals you offered! :D I test and see if you are a good cook ;) Afterwards, if you are gay, we can play hand-jobs with each other, maybe a bit of BDSM, I don't know? What you think? :P
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

The Voice of Time wrote:Well, I first need the address, then I need to see if the flight ticket will be covered with $4000, then I need an advance since I don't have any money at the moment, I also need to count in a possible one-night accommodation, not to speak of public transport fairs...

While we're at it, you could give me that series of four meals you offered! :D I test and see if you are a good cook ;) Afterwards, if you are gay, we can play hand-jobs with each other, maybe a bit of BDSM, I don't know? What you think? :P
Cool....but I am not springing for any business class seat...its coach for ya.

You'll get what coming to ya when you get here.
Invest and you shall receive.

I'm a very good cook. I work in a restaurant.
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

Satyr wrote:The only resemblance between the Nazi regime and the ancient Greeks was superficial.
There's much to be said on that; and when Heidegger said it, we all know what happened to him :wink:

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=ECJm ... &q&f=false
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Outsider wrote:
Satyr wrote:The only resemblance between the Nazi regime and the ancient Greeks was superficial.
There's much to be said on that; and when Heidegger said it, we all know what happened to him :wink:

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=ECJm ... &q&f=false
let not go there.
This crowd is a hostile bovine kind.

Next thing you know Heidegger is declared a degenerate buffoon.