olympics and philosophy

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Satyr

Re: olympics and philosophy

Post by Satyr »

How interesting that in the opening ceremonies the Brits displayed the full spectrum of their stupidity.
We were faced with a grand spectacles of marketing, James Bond, The Beatles and Mister Bean included.

The historical references were also particularly interesting. We got an account of the start of the industrial age and the internet and modern musical crap, and we forgot about the imperialism that produced the Iraqs, the Africas of today or the Cyprus of today; India was also missing as if that period never happened.

But most conspicuously absent was everyone else, including the roots of Olympicism, the Hellenes.
The gits...I mean the Brits, forgot who gave them what they now sell like whores.

I guess the commonality between Jew and Brit is not yet forgotten and the raping of Anglo-Saxons by the Norse still makes the British anus ache with a itch for vengeance and satisfaction.

Good job London!!!
You did not fail to remind us of what pathetic, stupid, morons you are; the disease that gave us America...and let us not forget the Queen.
Last edited by Satyr on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickthinks

Re: olympics and philosophy

Post by mickthinks »

You did not fail to remind us of what pathetic, stupid, morons you are; the disease that gave us America.
mickthinks wrote:LOL - it's probably worth pointing out that many of us (most of us, I think) find Satyr's style of communication unsatisfactory and don't bother with him. By all means try and make it work for you but don't feel bad if you come to the same conclusion as we did.

Mick