Hello everyone!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

hossein

Hello everyone!

Post by hossein »

Hi there!
I'm Hossein from Iran and I'm very glad to have entered in this philosophical forum, I'm interested in philosophy, I've got M.A. degree in logic. my main interests are analytic Philosophy, Philosophy of Language, Epistemology (specifically: Scepticism) and ... you name it! between great philosophers I really admire Kant and I think its fair enough to call him the greatest philosopher of modern era. I also like Schopenhauer and read his works and works about him.
I like to contribute in discussions , ask my questions and answer the questions of others in my favorite fields.
hope to have great discussions!
WHYMASTER47

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by WHYMASTER47 »

Hello Hossein, Welcome to group, I am a great admirer of Logic, though I do not trust it, I see that it is vital to examining the ways and means, to analyze the working of the mind. However (FWIS) (From Where I Stand) as a Metaphysical Observer, Logic tends to hinder the observer of the Present.and understanding of the reality "As Is." For me logic is very limiting to the clarity needed to delve into the Unknown, and more Sheer Existences, where logic is dependent on (BULL) (Bound Up Linear Logic,) and I can not find fault with it, It is not very useful to me. I do not depend on the Past Philosophical thinker.
You have by far a grater Education than I, and Words and there meanings are a severe impediment, to me, mostly because people use words, that they think mean the same, but do not.
(FWIS) Compassion is not a emotion but is a Language, understood by all, Plants, Animals, People, and Humans. Observation from that position
eliminates the predetermined thought in reference to the self, giving clarity of "What Is." LOL I can feel the Skepticism already. LOL
This is more of a welcome than anything, and I realize that Metaphysical may not be your Favorite Field, and I do not expect any in-depth reply. I am interested in bringing some life to our group. so please post your questions and interest, there is someone here that can reason with you.
Your E-Pal OMJerry WHYMASTER47@cox.net
WHYMASTER47

Post by WHYMASTER47 »

Hello Hossein
The book is free on Kindle. Its a good read. I like Schopenhauer,
Subject: Anonymity on the Internet,
(text) Anonymity, that shield for every kind of literary scoundrelism, must disappear.
Your E-Pal OMJerry WHYMASTER47@cox.net
hossein

Post by hossein »

Hello WHYMASTER47 and thank you very much for your nice welcome!
"proofs are empty vessels of thought". this is what schopenhauer says and H completely agree with it. without intuition and content, logic is nothing but mere playing with empty symbols; a game, at the best. sometimes I think logic served for me as a ladder - Wittgensteinian ladder - which I should have climbed and at the end I should throw it away: It doesnt get me anything but I acquired manythings in the course of mastering (you read it: climbing) modern logic.
on the other hand there are merits - philosophical and epistemological merits- in "clarity"; clarity in language and clarity in thought which a thorough comprehnsive logical and linguistic analysis promises us to give. I'm almost convinced that language has the potentiality of enchanting and bewildering peoplle specially in isssues as abstract and complicated as philosophical problems. I also think that the idea of utalizing calculation methods in philosophy can bring developments in philosophy as it has brought in many other areas.
maybe these are just obsession with language and words maybe we should not be so obsessive with lnguage , I dont know, but one thing I'm sure about and that is that language is mysterious and challenging phenomena and continues to raise curiosity and many questions between philosophers.
by the way, Its not that I'm not interested in metaphysics. I'm really interested in some metaphysical issues like Causality, relation between mind and the world, problem of determinism and free will etc.
Thank you again and thank you for your email, hope to be in touch!