Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Jesus Head

Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

This week I watched a documentary ,about the singer songwriter ,Amy Winehouse and today ,in the Telegraph, coincidentally ,there were photographs of the deceased star and her 2.7 million mansion in Camden Sq. London.

The voyeuristic images were really all about what stardom can buy.
The paper boasted that it had three very large living areas.
The exterior of the house, with its perfect white coating and perfect exterior black lacquered fencing ; The interior of the house ,photographs of a home, bare of all belongings, so that the only remaining impression ,was of gleaming white walls and dark hard wood floor.

The photographs were ,somewhat intentionally ghostly .
One photograph of the kitchen ,with the backdoor open and a glimpse of a peaceful garden in limelight. [ depicting a human scheme in which the perfect life is an alignment of perfect things.]
All vestiges of the chaotic life of Amy Winehouse had vanished as if she had never
been there.

The story stated that her father Mitch was putting the property up for sale.
So that was it . That was the end.

Amy Winehouse made a journey through stage school .She wrote some notable classics and she had a rare voice. In a world of plastic imitation pop stars she was an original.
Amy Winehouse lived in a millionaires mansion and in one isolated moment scratched the name of her boyfriend on her stomach.
Eventually she drank herself to death .

One might make the mistake of surmising that her wealth and fame floundered on the experience of existence ,in which materialism fails to satisfy the raw emotions.
That the life of Amy Winehouse began to dissolve against the backdrop of her perfect mansion and alcohol and drugs became the sedatives to dull the blatant emptiness that her fame and possessions failed to fill.
This would however be a prosaic estimation .
It would be grossly unfair to draw the conclusion that this musical genius was naïve about life and resorted to alcohol to dull the pain of a relationship trauma.

The truth is that Amy Winehouse had no intention of killing herself .
In her most revealing lyric she writes : He hit me and it felt like a kiss.
And in her most revealing comment she states : I just came out of a relationship and was doing one destructive thing after another or (laughing) having a good time..
The irony that self harm is fun was an emphasis that she herself made.
For some drama ,passion and conflict ferment into the most potent of self destructive life styles wherein pleasure and pain dovetail .

In the end, Amy Winehouse died, from being herself.
Thundril

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by Thundril »

Amen
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Great post tjh.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

artisticsolution wrote:Great post tjh.
Flattery is always welcome but the entertainment is just starting. We have yet to read the dissection of the post by Arising as he mimics a modern day Socrates.
He will lick his lips and try and lay my ignorance bare.
Somewhere,he will find an impediment, real only to himself, in his very special kind of wisdom,
understood only by himself.

Then others will come in with red and blue writing and ...................well ....
artisticsolution

The Jesus Head wrote:
Flattery is always welcome but the entertainment is just starting. We have yet to read the dissection of the post by Arising as he mimics a modern day Socrates.
Somewhere,he will find an impediment, real only to himself, in his very special kind of wisdom,

Then others will come in with red and blue writing and ...................well ....
You don't find that charming?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

The Jesus Head wrote:

Except that I would probably agree with him - as would others.

Here is the RED

I also think that this was quite a good post from you. I think your problem is that you tend to take a criticism or an argument too personally. Arising's objection - (if he makes one) will not be so idiosyncratic as you think. You have the potential to learn a lot by his comments, as long as you are not too sensitive nor defensive.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Amy had a great voice and was well matched with her producer Mark Ronson who is a great talent.

But should could not manage the money, the drugs and the alcohol.
She soon took a cavalier attitude to her work which many found to be extremely arrogant and destructive.
Few of her later performances were worth a shit despite the adoration and patience of her audience.

Her best work will always be the studio CD work and the polished videos.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

chaz wyman wrote:
Except that I would probably agree with him - as would others.
You should not be so confident as to claim that your judgement coincides with that of others
when your supposition is strictly general. ie all things said by Arising we be agreed upon.
What we know about you is that Arising has a secret connection with yourself ,that is not so secret with me. lick lick :P
I also think that this was quite a good post from you.

Dammed by faint praise. If I ever need a literary critic of my work it won't be you !
I think your problem is that you tend to take a criticism or an argument too personally.
Says the man whose response to my comments about Socrates was "BOLLOCKS". :lol:
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

artisticsolution wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:

You don't find that charming?
Charming ? What a strange application of that word to this situation.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

chaz wyman wrote:Amy had a great voice and was well matched with her producer Mark Ronson who is a great talent.
You just fail to understand my post.
Her nature was all wrapped up in the creativity.
There could not have been one without the other.
Back to Black could not have been written by someone sober and rational.
It was the work of irrationality.
So your assessment is 180 degrees off the truth; much as we find
with your bed fellow Arising. All waffle and no substance.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

The Jesus Head wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Amy had a great voice and was well matched with her producer Mark Ronson who is a great talent.
You just fail to understand my post.
Her nature was all wrapped up in the creativity.

NO, I have my own opinion you fuckwit. I understand perfectly, you are just wrong.

There could not have been one without the other.
Back to Black could not have been written by someone sober and rational.
It was the work of irrationality.
So your assessment is 180 degrees off the truth; much as we find
with your bed fellow Arising. All waffle and no substance.
There are many more people with far more creativity than she would have ever had, that lead long and fruitful lives.
You have no thesis here.
All her best work was due to Mark Ronson's excellent music experience and taste. His instrumentation and arrangement of that and other of her songs made her the star she so temporarily was.
All you have to do is to contrast her own version of Rehab with Mark's final version to know what I am talking about.

Any had a great voice and was able to write interesting and biographical lyrics - however she never became a great singer, simply because she had an addictive personality, access to drugs, and an unlimited supply of cash to buy the stuff.

You remain and continue to be a first class wanker.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

chaz wyman wrote:
NO, I have my own opinion you fuckwit. I understand perfectly, you are just wrong.
May I quote you from your earlier advice to myself
I think your problem is that you tend to take a criticism or an argument too personally.
:lol:

There are many more people with far more creativity than she would have ever had, that lead long and fruitful lives.
Not the point of my post. My post was about Amy Winehouse not anyone else.
You have no thesis here.
All her best work was due to Mark Ronson's excellent music experience and taste.
The word RUBBISH is very useful with people like you.
Mark Ronson merely created the Amy Winehouse 60's sound that she wanted.
His instrumentation and arrangement of that and other of her songs made her the star she so temporarily was.
Again the words of an amateur who has no experience in the music business.
All you have to do is to contrast her own version of Rehab with Mark's final version to know what I am talking about.
That's what producers do. To say that the producer is the performer is nonsense.
Any had a great voice and was able to write interesting and biographical lyrics - however she never became a great singer, simply because she had an addictive personality, access to drugs, and an unlimited supply of cash to buy the stuff.
Even more nonsense. She was regarded as another Billy Holiday and in my expert opinion she was an exceptional vocalist.
You remain and continue to be a first class wanker.
I think most people here of intelligence would look at the kind of individual you are
and conclude that you are a lightweight intellect who has to resort to profanity to
vent your frustrations. :lol: So little man that is it. Google research does have its limitations and you should give up commenting based on such superficial research because no one is convinced that you really know what you are talking about .You have been SLAPPED BACK again :mrgreen:Here is another one SLAP :lol:
artisticsolution

chaz wyman wrote: There are many more people with far more creativity than she would have ever had, that lead long and fruitful lives.
You have no thesis here.
All her best work was due to Mark Ronson's excellent music experience and taste. His instrumentation and arrangement of that and other of her songs made her the star she so temporarily was.
Oh yeah...if you look really really close in this video you can see the strings in which Mark is controlling his little marionette Amy....Not! :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSKVv6YO8g

Here is Mark's version with his marionettes pretending to be Amy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLY1NTe04M

Even though it is her voice...it completely misses her essence...and THAT was her art. Her essence came through her pores not to be duplicated or arranged by anyone. Sure, artists can collaborate...but that in no way implies that one is better than the other.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

artisticsolution wrote:
Even though it is her voice...it completely misses her essence...and THAT was her art. Her essence came through her pores not to be duplicated or arranged by anyone. Sure, artists can collaborate...but that in no way implies that one is better than the other.
I think you are wasting your time. It is hard to express how much of a DICK this Chaz Wyman is. :mrgreen:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The Jesus Head wrote:Flattery is always welcome but the entertainment is just starting. We have yet to read the dissection of the post by Arising as he mimics a modern day Socrates.
understood only by himself. ...
:lol: What a little attention seeker you are.

Regarding your post. What was there to comment upon? It made its point of view clear, albeit a fairly unoriginal and uncontroversial one.