Scientific Facts In The Quran

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Khalid

Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Khalid »

What's extraordinary about the Quran is that it's not just a book of what's right or wrong , what's legal or illegal but we can consider it a first class scientific and philosophical book . So many verses end with words like " For those who think , for Men of understanding " . So it always encourage you to think . But what's really unique and can be considered as a miracle is that there are many scientific facts that were mentioned 1400-1500 years ago when those facts were not discovered yet and which we discovered short time ago .

1- God says : "And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not."

* Well , we surely heard of the information that says the more you climb up to the sky away from the sea level the the less quantity or concentration of Oxygen starts to get , and this information is well known for people who likes climb mountains .

2- "With power did We construct the sky . Verily, We are Able to extend the vastness of space thereof"

* The expansion of space/universe (just google it)

3- "And how many Signs in the heavens and the earth do they pass by? Yet they turn (their faces) away from them!"

* Who could expect 1400 years ago that there will be Nasa ! .. the heavens were mentioned before the earth , and the word "they pass by" is very clear , that there will come generations who will reach the heavens and will pass by signs .

4- "To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and all that is between them, and all that is under the soil."

* What is under the soil today has made 70% of Qatar citizens millioners and the average income of a United Arab Emirates citizen is about 20600 Dollar a year . Ofcourse I'm talking about Oil .

5- "And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance."

* Geology science proved that Mountains is the most important element in nautre that keeps the earth stable and standing firm as mentioned in the verse .

Finally if Muhammed is the author of Quran , why would he risk mention scientific information that could be proved wrong . The Quran has no problem with knowledge , the opposite is correct , God says in a verse "Praise be to Allah, Who hath sent to His Servant the Book, and hath allowed therein no Crookedness (He hath made it) Straight (and Clear) in order that He may warn (the godless)"
Here God send a clear message that there is no mistakes in this book cause the creator is the one speaking who had sent down the bible and Torah before . Who had sent down Judaism and Christianity before Islam . All his messangers and prophets to guid the human kind that there is a creator , there is a source of existence and there is one who will judge you . There is hell and heaven , good and evil , angels and devils , love and hate . In the end I'd like say that faith is something in the heart before the mind , you don't need to be a philosopher to acknowledge God and believe in him , just look at a 2 years old child smiling , a beautiful natural scene , and you may feel him but the mind must be used to approve the heart and feel the guidness and the right path in life .
SpheresOfBalance

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Khalid wrote:What's extraordinary about the Quran is that it's not just a book of what's right or wrong , what's legal or illegal but we can consider it a first class scientific and philosophical book . So many verses end with words like " For those who think , for Men of understanding " . So it always encourage you to think .
I've never read it, but depending upon in what context those phrases are added, it sounds like brain washing to me. The reading of any particular words doesn't necessarily make one think or understand anything.

But what's really unique and can be considered as a miracle is that there are many scientific facts that were mentioned 1400-1500 years ago when those facts were not discovered yet and which we discovered short time ago .

1- God says : "And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not."

* Well , we surely heard of the information that says the more you climb up to the sky away from the sea level the the less quantity or concentration of Oxygen starts to get , and this information is well known for people who likes climb mountains .

2- "With power did We construct the sky . Verily, We are Able to extend the vastness of space thereof"

3- "And how many Signs in the heavens and the earth do they pass by? Yet they turn (their faces) away from them!"

* Who could expect 1400 years ago that there will be Nasa ! .. the heavens were mentioned before the earth , and the word "they pass by" is very clear , that there will come generations who will reach the heavens and will pass by signs .

4- "To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and all that is between them, and all that is under the soil."

* What is under the soil today has made 70% of Qatar citizens millioners and the average income of a United Arab Emirates citizen is about 20600 Dollar a year . Ofcourse I'm talking about Oil .

5- "And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance."

* Geology science proved that Mountains is the most important element in nautre that keeps the earth stable and standing firm as mentioned in the verse .

Finally if Muhammed is the author of Quran , why would he risk mention scientific information that could be proved wrong . The Quran has no problem with knowledge , the opposite is correct , God says in a verse "Praise be to Allah, Who hath sent to His Servant the Book, and hath allowed therein no Crookedness (He hath made it) Straight (and Clear) in order that He may warn (the godless)"
Here God send a clear message that there is no mistakes in this book cause the creator is the one speaking who had sent down the bible and Torah before . Who had sent down Judaism and Christianity before Islam . All his messangers and prophets to guid the human kind that there is a creator , there is a source of existence and there is one who will judge you . There is hell and heaven , good and evil , angels and devils , love and hate . In the end I'd like say that faith is something in the heart before the mind , you don't need to be a philosopher to acknowledge God and believe in him , just look at a 2 years old child smiling , a beautiful natural scene , and you may feel him but the mind must be used to approve the heart and feel the guidness and the right path in life .
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Anybody who thinks that any religious document is a source of scientific facts is suffering from a virulent form of dementia.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

The Koran on Science:

"The sun ... runneth unto an appointed term."
13:2

The sun "floats" in an orbit around the earth. 21:33

It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit."
36:40

THE SUN MOVES ROUND THE EARTH

"He ... spread out the earth."
13:3
nd the earth have We spread out."
. 15:19

THE EARTH IS FLAT.

The sun rises and sets at particular places on a flat earth. At the westernmost point on earth, the sun sets in a muddy spring. 18:86, 90

DITTO

"He sendeth down from the heaven mountains wherein is hail."
. 24:43

HAIL COMES FROM MOUNTAINS.

The earth is fixed and does not move. 27:61

THE EARTH IS THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE.

All things We have created by pairs." 51:49

BACTERIA, VIRUSES & FUNGI WHICH REPRODUCE ASEXUALLY DO NOT EXIST.

"He is created from a gushing fluid.". 86:6

PEOPLE ARE GENERATED FROM SPERM - THE WOMAN IS ONLY THE EARTH WHERE TO SEED IS PLANTED
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

All religions, except for the Church of Ouzo, which is neither a religion nor a church in the usual sense of the words, are the biggest scams on Earth, even bigger than education and patriotism.
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Khalid wrote:What's extraordinary about the Quran is that it's not just a book of what's right or wrong , what's legal or illegal but we can consider it a first class scientific and philosophical book . So many verses end with words like " For those who think , for Men of understanding " . So it always encourage you to think . But what's really unique and can be considered as a miracle is that there are many scientific facts that were mentioned 1400-1500 years ago when those facts were not discovered yet and which we discovered short time ago .

Lol. Welcome to the site.
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

chaz wyman wrote:
The Koran on Science:

The sun "floats" in an orbit around the earth. 21:33

THE SUN MOVES ROUND THE EARTH
You've got a mistake in this verse you wrote , I don't know where did you get it from .. Infact this verse in chapter 21 verse 33 says :
"33. And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating." ... nowhere Quran says that sun revolves around the earth.
THE EARTH IS FLAT.
Excuse me , you don't understand the actual meaning of those 2 verses .. When God says that he spread out the earth , He doesn't mean the earth is flat but he means that he made the earth Globular .. Globular like a ball ... think if you are in Rome city in Italy and you decided to start walking in a straight line , you know what will be the end of your journey ? the end will be the same exact spot in Rome city which you started your journey from cause we live on a globe , so this is the meaning of how God spread out the earth .
The sun rises and sets at particular places on a flat earth. At the westernmost point on earth, the sun sets in a muddy spring. 18:86, 90
Give me a link to the source please . I know the verse you mean but I'd like to know where did you get this funny edition from :D .
"He sendeth down from the heaven mountains wherein is hail."
. 24:43
HAIL COMES FROM MOUNTAINS.
In this verse he means clouds which are like mountains in it's shape , it's not meant that hail comes from mountains .. I don't think a kid would do such a mistake .
The earth is fixed and does not move. 27:61
You are talking about another book :D .
All things We have created by pairs." 51:49

BACTERIA, VIRUSES & FUNGI WHICH REPRODUCE ASEXUALLY DO NOT EXIST.
Well , I'm not a Biologist to reply on this but I knew that scientists discovered DNA in the cells of the virus and the DNA has 2 thread which carries the genetic materials and which connect sexually to each other . and I also know that there are positive fungi and negative fungi . This all I can say .
"He is created from a gushing fluid.". 86:6

PEOPLE ARE GENERATED FROM SPERM - THE WOMAN IS ONLY THE EARTH WHERE TO SEED IS PLANTED

The semen of a man is 90% of water . Sperms make about 1-5% of the semen according to what I was educated in school . so I don't know what is the problem in this verse .
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Wootah wrote: Lol. Welcome to the site.
hahah .. thanks :D
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Personally I hope you bring Islamic wisdom to threads rather than make us debate the Koran. What does a muslim think on some of the threads on the site.

ps: Of course if you want to test your theological skills we can as well.
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

I've never read it, but depending upon in what context those phrases are added, it sounds like brain washing to me. The reading of any particular words doesn't necessarily make one think or understand anything.
in fact those phrases are added to complete the meaning .. for ex there ia verse says : "Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-" .. so Not those phrases in the end of the verse are going to make you think or understand but the action of seeing the nature , animals in a way that make you feel God .
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Wootah wrote:Personally I hope you bring Islamic wisdom to threads rather than make us debate the Koran. What does a muslim think on some of the threads on the site.

ps: Of course if you want to test your theological skills we can as well.
I think that's right ..
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Khalid wrote:
in fact those phrases are added to complete the meaning .. for ex there ia verse says : "Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-" .. so Not those phrases in the end of the verse are going to make you think or understand but the action of seeing the nature , animals in a way that make you feel God .
Yes that's exactly what I thought, that's brain washing. This is saying that 'a man of understanding' shall be able to see this. It's a common way of twisting one's arm into believing, it works most effectively on those that have doubts about themselves, because everyone wants to be a man of understanding, so one believes that if they don't believe then they are not a man of understanding, that they are dumb, so they tend to believe regardless of doubt as to the words truth because they want to be that understanding man. It's not as effective on the truly wise, as they understand the writers intent, and require no ego boosting. As a matter of fact they tend to be naturally more critical.
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

OK then. Child brides - is it moral?
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Wootah wrote:OK then. Child brides - is it moral?
Oh sorry I don't want to start this debate this way . We will be meeting in many threads and topics but to start a religious debate this way is not gonna be nice . But I would love to reply your question anyway child brides is not in Islam . 99% of people I knew in my whole entire life got married after 20 and maybe more .
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Yes that's exactly what I thought, that's brain washing. This is saying that 'a man of understanding' shall be able to see this. It's a common way of twisting one's arm into believing, it works most effectively on those that have doubts about themselves, because everyone wants to be a man of understanding, so one believes that if they don't believe then they are not a man of understanding, that they are dumb, so they tend to believe regardless of doubt as to the words truth because they want to be that understanding man. It's not as effective on the truly wise, as they understand the writers intent, and require no ego boosting. As a matter of fact they tend to be naturally more critical.
Not brainwashing , if someone doesn't wanna believe in the creator why would he read the Quran and let those ? . If you feel God , If you have certainty that you will see angels in the moment of dying , if you feel that there is judgment day and you will be judged after death , if you feel that hell and heaven is true , if you feel that this life isn't only for collecting money , having sex , dancing and laughing , if you just simply feel him then you have that thing called FAITH . Then phrases like men of understand and wise people that exist in the Quran aren't going to be that effective thing that your faith is gonna be based on .