Black People and Crime

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tbieter

Black People and Crime

Post by tbieter »

“While Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were continuing to stir up racial animosity in Sanford Florida, one of the worst mass shootings in Florida history was taking place in Miami. Last Friday, 14 people were shot and two men were killed during a funeral for 21-year-old Morvin Andre. A 5-year-old girl was wounded in the exchange as well. Why no outrage or calls for massive demonstrations? Because the shooters were allegedly black gang members attending the funeral. In other words, there’s nothing that can be politically exploited here by those willing to ignore the harsh reality that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, black Americans are being victimized by other black Americans.”
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/04/03/why- ... g-victims/

In Minnesota, North Minneapolis is the area where blacks regularly kill other blacks. Children are killed by drive-by shooters. Recently, a family heard gunfire. As the mother and kids were in flight upstairs, a bullet pierced the wall of the house and struck a boy in the back of his head killing him instantly. As is customary, thereafter a community protest against guns and violence is held. Appropriate T-shirts are worn by the attendees. The appropriate politicians are there. The media gives a reasonable amount of coverage to the event. But, as these events occur, the blacks in the area reload their equalizers. And life goes on as usual, with white people being quietly grateful for the continued confinement of black violence by area and victims.

Generally, blacks, who constitute about 12% of the US population, commit violent crimes disproportionate to their representation in the general population. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... tbl43a.xls

As a white person, I never enter North Minneapolis. And, given their propensity toward criminal conduct, I’m very wary whenever I encounter any black teenagers or adults, male or female.

To my knowledge, neither President Obama nor Attorney General Holder have ever delivered a major speech regarding the criminal behavior in the “black community”.

If they don’t care, why should any white person care. Rather, the prudent white person will concentrate on his or her personal strategy for self-defense.
chaz wyman

Re: Black People and Crime

Post by chaz wyman »

tbieter wrote:“While Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were continuing to stir up racial animosity in Sanford Florida, one of the worst mass shootings in Florida history was taking place in Miami. Last Friday, 14 people were shot and two men were killed during a funeral for 21-year-old Morvin Andre. A 5-year-old girl was wounded in the exchange as well. Why no outrage or calls for massive demonstrations? Because the shooters were allegedly black gang members attending the funeral. In other words, there’s nothing that can be politically exploited here by those willing to ignore the harsh reality that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, black Americans are being victimized by other black Americans.”

In Minnesota, North Minneapolis is the area where blacks regularly kill other blacks. Children are killed by drive-by shooters. Recently, a family heard gunfire. As the mother and kids were in flight upstairs, a bullet pierced the wall of the house and struck a boy in the back of his head killing him instantly. As is customary, thereafter a community protest against guns and violence is held. Appropriate T-shirts are worn by the attendees. The appropriate politicians are there. The media gives a reasonable amount of coverage to the event. But, as these events occur, the blacks in the area reload their equalizers. And life goes on as usual, with white people being quietly grateful for the continued confinement of black violence by area and victims.

Generally, blacks, who constitute about 12% of the US population, commit violent crimes disproportionate to their representation in the general population. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... tbl43a.xls

As a white person, I never enter North Minneapolis. And, given their propensity toward criminal conduct, I’m very wary whenever I encounter any black teenagers or adults, male or female.

To my knowledge, neither President Obama nor Attorney General Holder have ever delivered a major speech regarding the criminal behavior in the “black community”.

If they don’t care, why should any white person care. Rather, the prudent white person will concentrate on his or her personal strategy for self-defense.
The reason they have not given THAT speech is because the issue about crime and shooting is an issue about wealth and class, and nothing whatever to do with race.
Whilst you and other want to make it about race, all you are doing is ignoring the basic facts that part of the cause of their poverty is discrimination that you are happy to promote.
So far from offering solutions, all your focus is doing it an attempt to avoid the underlying issues that would otherwise give an equal playing field to generational poverty, lack of investment and neglect of the inner cities.
You are confusing cause and effect.
Last edited by chaz wyman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

good point made by chaz
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

doolhoofd wrote:good point made by chaz
Thank you.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
Thank you.
You're an idiot who knows nothing about America, nothing about economics, and nothing about society in general.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Thank you.
You're an idiot who knows nothing about America, nothing about economics, and nothing about society in general.
:D I'll let others be the judge of that.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

chaz wyman wrote:
tbieter wrote:“While Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were continuing to stir up racial animosity in Sanford Florida, one of the worst mass shootings in Florida history was taking place in Miami. Last Friday, 14 people were shot and two men were killed during a funeral for 21-year-old Morvin Andre. A 5-year-old girl was wounded in the exchange as well. Why no outrage or calls for massive demonstrations? Because the shooters were allegedly black gang members attending the funeral. In other words, there’s nothing that can be politically exploited here by those willing to ignore the harsh reality that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, black Americans are being victimized by other black Americans.”

The reason they have not given THAT speech is because the issue about crime and shooting is an issue about wealth and class, and nothing whatever to do with race.
Whilst you and other want to make it about race, all you are doing is ignoring the basic facts that part of the cause of their poverty is discrimination that you are happy to promote.
So far from offering solutions, all your focus is doing it an attempt to avoid the underlying issues that would otherwise give an equal playing field to generational poverty, lack of investment and neglect of the inner cities.
You are confusing cause and effect.
What solutions would you offer?
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
artisticsolution

tbieter wrote: This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
I don't remember who the comedian was but I remember the punchline,

"When's the last time you saw a Swede hijack an airplane?"

LOL

I have to admit...

But then again I am half Mexican...and I must say....I do feel I am more "hot blooded" than some of my lily white friends.

Also, I wonder if there is something to be said about certain tendencies among races. Sort of like there is in breeds of dogs. I mean we have no problem talking about the temperament of certain breeds. We know that some breeds are more likely to bite than others. Could it be the same with people?

I say we can't get mixed soon enough! I am so sick to death of the race bullshit. Do you think there will ever come a day?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

tbieter wrote:

This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
Then your thread is about nothing
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

artisticsolution wrote:
tbieter wrote: This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
I don't remember who the comedian was but I remember the punchline,

LOL

I have to admit...

But then again I am half Mexican...and I must say....I do feel I am more "hot blooded" than some of my lily white friends.

Also, I wonder if there is something to be said about certain tendencies among races. Sort of like there is in breeds of dogs. I mean we have no problem talking about the temperament of certain breeds. We know that some breeds are more likely to bite than others. Could it be the same with people?

I say we can't get mixed soon enough! I am so sick to death of the race bullshit. Do you think there will ever come a day?
And do you get a sudden urge to stop working, walk off the job and say "manana" (sp. tomorrow)

The trouble with prejudice and stereotyping is that people start to believe it when they see it in themselves and forget all the other incidences when they behaved differently - its called selective bias - it is exactly how astrology works.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote: And do you get a sudden urge to stop working, walk off the job and say "manana" (sp. tomorrow)
If you're going to say mañana, please use a tilde.
artisticsolution

chaz wyman wrote:
And do you get a sudden urge to stop working, walk off the job and say "manana" (sp. tomorrow)

The trouble with prejudice and stereotyping is that people start to believe it when they see it in themselves and forget all the other incidences when they behaved differently - its called selective bias - it is exactly how astrology works.
You are confusing prejudice with being honest. If there are no differences between the races at all then how do you account for certain races being more prone to being athletic or better with finances and other such attributes. There are some truth we can't deny...that doesn't make us prejudice. It is only prejudice when we inflict harm on others by thinking they are "less than."

You are living in the past when we had to campaign in order to see justice. Well now we have laws to ensure justice...it is time to go to the next thing...which is being honest. That doesn't mean we have to be mean.

You know...Larry Summers lost his job at Harvard simply being honest. All he asked was why do women have lower scores in mathematics than men? If the statistics say that this is the case, then why can't we ask a factually based question? I don't see the problem? It doesn't mean that women can't be good at mathematics...or should be kept from jobs. It is just asking a question.

This is where I part from liberals when they think that harm comes from inquiry so they wish to silence people from saying their thoughts aloud. I think it just builds up more resentment because everyone is tiptoeing and on edge. There is no good reason to have a conversation and do studies. Again I ask you to be honest...

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

artisticsolution wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:

You are confusing prejudice with being honest. If there are no differences between the races at all then how do you account for certain races being more prone to being athletic or better with finances and other such attributes. There are some truth we can't deny...that doesn't make us prejudice. It is only prejudice when we inflict harm on others by thinking they are "less than."

You are living in the past when we had to campaign in order to see justice. Well now we have laws to ensure justice...it is time to go to the next thing...which is being honest. That doesn't mean we have to be mean.

You know...Larry Summers lost his job at Harvard simply being honest. All he asked was why do women have lower scores in mathematics than men? If the statistics say that this is the case, then why can't we ask a factually based question? I don't see the problem? It doesn't mean that women can't be good at mathematics...or should be kept from jobs. It is just asking a question.

This is where I part from liberals when they think that harm comes from inquiry so they wish to silence people from saying their thoughts aloud. I think it just builds up more resentment because everyone is tiptoeing and on edge. There is no good reason to have a conversation and do studies. Again I ask you to be honest...

What do you mean different races?

What is a race anyway?
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

“Very much on point, Ron Haskins and Isabel Sawhill of the Brookings Institution recently wrote of the importance of three rules: finishing high school, getting a full-time job and waiting until age 21 before getting married and having children. Young people who followed all three norms had a full 74 percent chance of winding up in the middle class and only a 2 percent chance of being poor. By hard contrast, those who broke all three norms had a terrible 7 percent chance of becoming middle class but a huge 76 percent chance of winding up poor. (For context, more than half of all babies born to American women younger than 30 now come into this life outside of marriage.)

Politicians, teachers, parents and others, Haskins rightly argues, "need to constantly remind themselves and their children that personal responsibility is the key to success and insist that children and adolescents demonstrate more of it."

Does growing up under rough circumstance make it statistically less likely that boys and girls will do well in school and other parts of life? Without question, it does. But that's exactly why KSB - also venerably known as hard work - needs to be understood by all players as an essential game changer."
http://www.twincities.com/opinion/ci_20 ... cities.com

Currently, in Minnesota, less than fifty percent of students in the free public schools stay to graduate and get a diploma. The dropout rate is even greater for students of color. Without a high school diploma or GED certificate, adequate employment becomes difficult if not impossible to get. Getting a living through crime becomes an option. For example, see the Evanovich crime family: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8083&hilit=samaritan

I don't think that a teacher or school can do much with an unmotivated student.

Nevertheless, under The No Child Left Behind Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act teachers can be fired and schools ("under-performing schools") closed if they don't measure up under the law.

I have sympathy for today's public school teacher.