WHY

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: WHY

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:So what's the question?
Not going to say :P

Mainly because I'd like others to see if I might be right and that this may have been where Douglas Adams found his idea. Coz I could be wrong. :)

Its in Fords article in the "The World treasury of Physics, Astronomy, and Mathematics".
I don't think Douglas Adams mastered time travel; the only ref I can find to this book is dated 1991.

What's the pub date on your copy?
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

reasonemotion wrote:WHY DOES ANYTHING EXIST? FOR WHAT PURPOSE.
you know, a much better question is: why the heck do you need to know "why"?

I would state a purpose to be anything you can "measure for", but towards your result and either be satisfied with or dissatisfied with the result.

"Anything" implies all things seen separately, so the answer would be that all things, as they appear in time (where time is the adding of anything to the content of "The All", removal does not exist since you can call any removal an "added removal"), are satisfying what comes after them in this "adding", where satisfaction is the putting-to-peace of anything, implying that it ceases to be change, it becomes past: what "was" change.

In other words, the purpose of anything is that it in time becomes past as a cause of its predecessors.
Empedocles

Post by Empedocles »

reasonemotion wrote:WHY DOES ANYTHING EXIST? FOR WHAT PURPOSE.
Because it is more fun that way. That is the answer given by various mystical traditions such as Vendanta, Sufism and so forth. The One differentiated itself into many in order more fully to know itself and enjoy the drama it had thereby created.