Grown ups are stupid

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:The issues you are bleating about are moral opinions.
'scientific creationism' being bad science is a moral opinion?

Duh! No a person thinking creationism is GOOD is a moral opinion obviously, you stupid moron.

you being an asshole - that is an opinion - although strongly supported by facts

More of your personal bullshit moral bleating. Thanks for the compliment.

the bible having no references to socialized medicine - that is a matter of manifest fact

Irrelevant. It does not have reference to the birth control pill, nor using the atomic bomb, either. Their MORAL argument is more subtle than that.
DO you think it is a Christian think to do using an atomic bomb, or are you unable to judge because it is not in the Big Book?

similarly evolution being a strongly supported scientific theory - is a not a matter of mere opinion

It is a moral judgement what credence you give it. Their opinions have fuck all to do with science which is what I have been saying all along you dingbat!
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz is there a coherent point hiding in there somewhere

if so you are doing a good job hiding it

to sum up

grown ups are generally better at 'marketable skills' than kids eg air conditioner repair, accounting, brain surgery, truck driving

but when it comes to
-treating other people well
-critical thinking skills
-holding patently false views about reality

then adults are no better than kids
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:chaz is there a coherent point hiding in there somewhere

if so you are doing a good job hiding it

to sum up

grown ups are generally better at 'marketable skills' than kids eg air conditioner repair, accounting, brain surgery, truck driving

Yes, the point I was making, as you know was to refute your contention that adults are ignorant. This has got through as you point out above. Adults know more than kids, thus they are less ignorant.

but when it comes to
-treating other people well

As you have demonstrated before this is not the case. I seem to remember some kid getting pushed into a moving bus. Now conveniently forgotten.

-critical thinking skills

Given the two contradictions, you are also showing yourself lacking in critical skills.

-holding patently false views about reality

Imaginary friends; make-believe; dressing up; play acting; fairy stories; Santa Claus- all the preserve of children.
When you grow up I think, I hope you will realise that we all hold onto a personal construction of reality.
I think very little of yours, as you persist in some fantasy about a Christian God.

then adults are no better than kids

Which gives the lie to "Grown ups are stupid". If they are no better - then that should be "People are Stupid."

puto

Post by puto »

Kayla, arguing with Chaz is like arguing with a child.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

puto yea he kind of demonstrates my point

i know cheerleaders who take special ed classes who are smarter than chaz
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:puto yea he kind of demonstrates my point

i know cheerleaders who take special ed classes who are smarter than chaz
Agreeing with Puto does not become you. Nor does your prejudice of cheerleaders.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:Agreeing with Puto does not become you. Nor does your prejudice of cheerleaders.
have you actually met any cheerleaders especially ones that take special ed classes?
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

is that Hit-Girl in your avatar Kayla?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

yes that is in fact Hit-girl

that was an awesome movie
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

How free, is "free"?
DO they get to keep copyright?
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:I seem to remember some kid getting pushed into a moving bus. Now conveniently forgotten.
[/color]

well he deserved it

and it would not have happened if the teachers supervising the bus loading and unloading actually gave a shit
Imaginary friends; make-believe; dressing up;
i dont know about you but when i dress up as a princess I know i am not really a princess
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I seem to remember some kid getting pushed into a moving bus. Now conveniently forgotten.
[/color]

well he deserved it

and it would not have happened if the teachers supervising the bus loading and unloading actually gave a shit
Imaginary friends; make-believe; dressing up;
i dont know about you but when i dress up as a princess I know i am not really a princess
When you grow up and get a job you have to pretend that the person you are becoming is real.
So teachers have to believe they are teachers and cab drivers have to believe they are cab drivers.
Some of them know they are faking it, others manage to forget it's not really them.
But when they get home they have to change roles into the father, husband, wife, mother, etc.
When the roles are incompatible such as a policeman and a humans being, one of the roles has to take over, and that will usually mean that some jobs make people shit at being a parent or whatever.
The trick in life is to always know that your roles in life is what you do, and not what you are. Never be fooled into thinking that you are anything but yourself pretending to be a dentist, or a priest, or whatever.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

unfortunately very few of them have read hume and so do not realize that even if they had some wisdom acquired through experience as they claim - even then it would mean nothing to those with no life experience since even the value of experience cannot be understood except through experience
That cannot be true since many people in your community believe in God and yet they have no experience of encountering God.
It is an act of faith.
So you may accept the advice of an adult based on an act of faith that they
are dispensing good advice.
I would caution you against a militant stance against adults .
Some are quite useless, I agree, but I suggest you seek the advice of
the brightest and the best you can find.
And let me tell you that you will have no shortage of advice givers
since everyone is a sucker for someone saying " can I seek your advice ".