Female Philosopher

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atthet

Female Philosopher

Post by Atthet »

Where are you, female philosopher? I need to be edumucated with your wisdom! Show me your brilliant knowledge, or should I say, lack of knowledge? Where is your ability to doubt and think and critique? Where is your revolution? Where is your leadership and responsibility? Where is your great work of art?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a female philosophy. I demand and encourage it! I want to nourish this, and help this, female philosophy. But, where is it? Where is she? What does she look like?

Will the first female philosopher, in the history of all time, in all the universe, first time in eternity, be beautiful, ugly, rich, poor, average? What is she? What are her thoughts? Does she know something, does she know nothing? Does she have authority? Can she answer her own questions? Can't she teach and dominate men? Can't she show men their ignorance? Can't she call into doubt all answers, dogmas, religions, and even God?
Isn't the first female philosopher, of all time, an atheist? Can a woman doubt God? Can a woman doubt man? How can a woman doubt man? How can women doubt men, when, women rely on men? Don't women rely on men, for everything, for decision making, for leadership? Aren't women very much like small children, who need their hands held through ever true trial, true test, or challenge in life?

Women can educate small children, but, that is because young infants, young boys, do not yet have a voice to speak out and speak against the teacher! A young boy tests the limits of authority, and thereby society! Women are only teachers of small children, because small children is all a woman can have power over, in life.
Can a woman ever truly have power over men, adult men? Can a woman ever become a father figure, an authority, of anything, or of nothing?
Female philosopher, where art thou?! Allemotion, noreason, where are you?!
reasonvemotion

Re: Female Philosopher

Post by reasonvemotion »

“Has your brain stopped working yet?”

I was stunned at an informal philosophy drinks session recently to hear a (fairly young) male philosopher ask a pregnant female philosopher “has your mind stopped working yet”? He went on to explain that “apparently your mind just stops working in the second trimester or after the birth and you just can’t think anymore”. Now we know why there are so few women of mature age in philosophy – their brains came away with the afterbirth. Gosh they must all have been geniuses BEFORE they had kids, if only their failing brains could remember what it was like!
Stunning. This chap sits on selection panels.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

I love your quotations of other people's words, female philosopher! You're so brilliant! You use other quotes, because your words, your own opinions and thoughts, are just too good for all of us to hear! Will you please quote other people, more? I need to learn from your quoting skills!
8)
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

How about you stop quoting Satyr.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Men impose a sexual apartheid on access to education and knowledge for thousands of years, and at the moment in history that sexual equality begins to emancipate the mental slavery of women some male ignorant dick-head tries to pretend that women are stupid because he is too dull and ignorant to uncover the accretion of male chauvinism to find a female philosopher crying;

"look they ain't naw female philostofurz women coz they is too dumb."

However, despite this sexual apartheid there are many talented women throughout history if you have the intelligence and knowledge to find them.

And all you have to do is have a passing knowledge of the Internet. DUHHHHH.

http://www.women-philosophers.com/