Relationships

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

Re: Relationships

Post by Kayla »

Atthet wrote: No, I don't remember. If there is a female philosopher, and allemotion is her, then how come she cannot teach me, educate me, about the will-to-power, and its relationship to men and women, based on a gender division? Isn't allemotion the authority on the will-to-power?
If you answer yes, then she has many questions to answer, doesn't she?
and this boys and girls is why you should not read nietzche while depriving your brain of oxygen

the notably thing about the people who go on about how there are no female philosophers or groundbreaking black scientists or whatever - is that they themselves are total zeros

whatever women and black people etc might or might not have contributed to advancement of knowledge - the bigot himself is a nothing - he has contributed nothing.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

SecularCauses wrote:
Will to power? It's amazing the complete nonsense that has been made up through the years. If you want to win an argument in the love relationship, you need to lose. Give the power to the other person.[/quote]

How do you do that then?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

It was my understanding that the submissive always had the control?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

reasonvemotion wrote:
"Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other."

Carl Jung.

People have many different relationships, sometimes observing these, some years later, the ones you thought would fail are still strong. What makes a successful relationship? There would be many different answers as each person has unique needs, which may not even include "love" and these can be the relationships that endure. It is interesting to read what Carl Jung has to say as this is in direct conflict with some on this Forum.
I see only one answer, and it's love, as love is merely giving to another, your time, allowing them to be themselves, as they love their lives, supporting their dreams, the things that make them happy and invested in life. Yes love is giving safe harbor, so as one can weather the storms. Yes, even the hardest of souls, needs to feel accepted by someone.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

Kayla wrote:the notably thing about the people who go on about how there are no female philosophers or groundbreaking black scientists or whatever - is that they themselves are total zeros

whatever women and black people etc might or might not have contributed to advancement of knowledge - the bigot himself is a nothing - he has contributed nothing.
I'll assume you're referring to me, with your feminine implication here.
If I told you what I really thought about life, physics, and religion, then your head would explode.
I know more, now, than you can dream up in a lifetime.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Hi Atthet

"If I told you what I really thought about life, physics, and religion, then your head would explode."

No it wouldn't, you only think so because you know fuck all about physics.

"I know more, now, than you can dream up in a lifetime."

Anything Satyr says does not count as knowledge, therefore you know fuck all about anything else.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

lol wishful thinking ...
Atthet wrote:If I told you what I really thought about life, physics, and religion, then your head would explode.
No, it wouldn't, Atty.
Atthet wrote:I know more, now, than you can dream up in a lifetime.
No, you don't, dude!
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

No, I am an individual, unlike you fools. You are part of a herd. I am part of a pack. I have the option of leaving, coming or going, as I please. Pack mentality is individualistic. We do not require each other, or even a group, to survive. This is unlike you fools, who are a herd mentality. You depend on each-other.
You depend on your God, your Judeo-Christian culture, and your dogmas. You are dependent, feminine.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

More wishful thinking ...
Atthet wrote:I am part of a pack.
No, you aren't, Atty. What you are part of is a misunderstanding.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

If there are any individuals worth kidnapping on this forum, then I'll be first to know. There are none. You "philosophers" here are completely dependent on beliefs you don't even realize you have. This is your genealogical morality, it's genetic.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Hi Atthet

"You "philosophers" here are completely dependent on beliefs you don't even realize you have. This is your genealogical morality, it's genetic."

Go on Atthet, make my head explode, tell me how my morality is genetic.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

Let's start further back, then. Do you admit that people hold values, beliefs, and opinions without realizing it? Don't you see that people are often not introspective or self reflective, they can't assess their own mentality, thinking, or "philosophy"?
Once you admit this, then we can begin.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Hi Atthet

"Let's start further back, then. Do you admit that people hold values, beliefs, and opinions without realizing it?"

No. How do determine what people think and whether they are aware of it?
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

Good, excellent answer and typical of your kind, wowow. You believe that people are totally aware, totally self conscious, all the time, and can keep track of their own beliefs, values, and opinions.
You give humans much too credit. This is your flaw, and a mistake.

Wowow believes that everybody is self-conscious, all the time.