Teen Pregnancy

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Teen Pregnancy

Post by thedoc »

One other question, since when, and by who, is Satyr regarded as an expert on anything. I've read some of his drivel, and have little use for it.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

thedoc wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: This thread started on 8th October.
Just how fucking scary is it that I do not read every single fucking thread on the Forum--- Do you?
I read the threads where I contribute, - do you?
Obviously - until they turn to shit then I usually stop reading.
I am not subscribed to the thread on Cabbage.
How scared are you now?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote: Are you kidding? Have you any idea how much it costs? How would she work and look after it?
yes i do i heard all the usual lectures

and i know girls my age who have babies

what i meant was why is it that it is so difficult for girls to take care of their babies

why is it that so many people are like, tough shit, the slut should not have gotten pregnant, she is on her own
It marks a point where she is legally able to make decisions for herself.
on your 18th birthday you magically acquire ability to make decisions for onself

like on 21st birthday you magically acquire ability to drink responsibly

Such people should avoid pregnancy until they have the wherewithal to support a child.
that is generally a good idea

that does not always happen and saying well the slut should not have gotten pregnant is just retarded
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: Are you kidding? Have you any idea how much it costs? How would she work and look after it?
yes i do i heard all the usual lectures

and i know girls my age who have babies

what i meant was why is it that it is so difficult for girls to take care of their babies

why is it that so many people are like, tough shit, the slut should not have gotten pregnant, she is on her own

I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
It marks a point where she is legally able to make decisions for herself.
on your 18th birthday you magically acquire ability to make decisions for onself

True. And a very important moment. When you get there you'll think nothing of it.

like on 21st birthday you magically acquire ability to drink responsibly

True. And a very important moment. When you get there you'll think nothing of it
What's your point?
Such people should avoid pregnancy until they have the wherewithal to support a child.
that is generally a good idea

that does not always happen and saying well the slut should not have gotten pregnant is just retarded

That is what YOU are saying, not me.

Are you pregnant?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

chaz wyman wrote: How scared are you now?
I am mildly interested, and I think you are confused as to who you are responding to.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

chaz wyman wrote: [Obviously - until they turn to shit then I usually stop reading.
That would explain why you post and then stop.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote: What's your point?
i already stated it

'age of majority' is a totally arbitrary line of no philosophical interest

well you are the one who is making the idiotic 'well they should just not get pregnant' statement
Are you pregnant?
no but thanks for asking
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Kayla wrote: 'age of majority' is a totally arbitrary line of no philosophical interest

Yes it is arbitrary, as are all other ages that are set for certain points in a persons life. How ever these ages have been set based on the experience of those in a position to set these ages in the hopes that the majority of people reaching that particular age will have the maturity needed. If those ages seem high, just remember that there are still people who reach those points in their lives who should not be allowed to do the activities they are now allowed to do. Reaching a particular age for a particular activity is no guarantee but it is the best we have so far. All you need to do is to devise a foolproof means of guaging an individuals maturity in relation to each particular activity, Driving a car, voting, drinking alcohol. To be president of the US a person must be 35 years old and many still complain about the men elected into office. Great Age and experience is no guarantee of maturity, but it is better than little age and experience.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: What's your point?
i already stated it

'age of majority' is a totally arbitrary line of no philosophical interest

There are many avenues of philosophy to investigate this issue.
well you are the one who is making the idiotic 'well they should just not get pregnant' statement

It's so 'idiotic' that you have already agreed with it.
It's about education and self control.
Are you pregnant?
no but thanks for asking
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

thedoc wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: This thread started on 8th October.
Just how fucking scary is it that I do not read every single fucking thread on the Forum--- Do you?
I read the threads where I contribute, - do you?

I think you are confused.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

thedoc wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: [Obviously - until they turn to shit then I usually stop reading.
That would explain why you post and then stop.
Dah
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote: It's so 'idiotic' that you have already agreed with it.
yes education and self control are good things

we need more of those

and with all that teenage girls will sometimes get pregnant - and at that point saying well she should just not have gotten pregnant is stupid
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Well it is stupid.

Having sex without a condom.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: It's so 'idiotic' that you have already agreed with it.
yes education and self control are good things

we need more of those

and with all that teenage girls will sometimes get pregnant - and at that point saying well she should just not have gotten pregnant is stupid
It's part of the learning process. It might seem obvious to you, but this still has to be learned by some. Late advice is still good advice for the future.
Further its perhaps not as stupid as denying them abortion as you seem to have at the outset.
After all is said and done abortion is only an extension of contraception and can simply mimic a natural process if done early enough.
The other issue you seem to want to deny is that a single female is wholly dependant on the good will of others to pursue that pregnancy to the end, and to give birth to and raise a child.
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

reasonvemotion wrote:

Are you going to wait until they "stop" growing? around 25 or so? why not try a different brand,
Brand?? :lol:
How about Flavours?
I like Vanilla, its dreamy creamy.

Its all about personal comfort.
I think the time to start contraception is the time a girl starts having sex. So whatever age that is, then it is the time.
Is the custom against pre-marital sex for women in 'love marriages', not 'arranged', as practised even today by the Hindus of India and Indonesia, Muslims of Iran, and the Buddhists of Burma a sexual repression and oppression? Do they need liberation? Do you pity those poor women for not f--king about and 'enjoying' the sexual adventures, for not being sex-junkies moving from one High to another, for never knowing such 'happiness'? Are they stunted and un-free?

The 'right to enjoy sex' is for all.
But is this 'right' The most important?, such that it should be Had, it should be encouraged come what may, bothersome pregnancies, abortions, abandoning and adoptions, aids, rape, what not.

Is this how "true identity" is 'constituted'? Sexual Experiences? Indispensable?