purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Kayla »

in my neck of the woods the whole abstinence education and shit are very popular because there is something in the air that causes brain damage by the time you are 30 I got to get out of this place

anyway

a lot of girls wear purity rings to show their commitment to not having sex before marriage

well a lot of them wear it cause if you want your parents to let you hang out with your friends late and be allowed to sleep over at their homes you have to wear it to make them - your parents - think you are a good girl

if your friends' parents are uptight enough you have to wear a purity ring to be allowed to hang out late or sleep over

note in practice some of the worst sluts at my school wear purity rings

so what is the deal with girls having to wear purity rings but no one is asking boys to wear purity rings

also why do we have father daughter purity dances but no mother son purity dances
User avatar
Walgekaaren
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am
Location: Tartu Estonia
Contact:

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Walgekaaren »

Kayla wrote: a lot of girls wear purity rings to show their commitment to not having sex before marriage

well a lot of them wear it cause if you want your parents to let you hang out with your friends late and be allowed to sleep over at their homes you have to wear it to make them - your parents - think you are a good girl

if your friends' parents are uptight enough you have to wear a purity ring to be allowed to hang out late or sleep over

note in practice some of the worst sluts at my school wear purity rings

so what is the deal with girls having to wear purity rings but no one is asking boys to wear purity rings

also why do we have father daughter purity dances but no mother son purity dances
Must be an american theme. Though I can tell you why it isnt adopted to boys like the chastity belt didnt go with boys too (In italy there were some practises, but they there numbered) If a boy would wear a purity ring outside of Catholic school etc. he would be called a sissy or thought to be impotent. Its a remnant of the masculine-Christian world and bias.

I know that it doesnt sound fair, for it isnt, but for boys especially in the teen-ages, it is excrusiatingly painfull to be sayd that you cant have sex, even if you never intended to have it outside of marriage. For the thought counts, that I may be able to get some chicks what makes one man appreciated by other men, but am myself not doing it rather than, not doing it because of a purity ring. :wink:

If you say an not so pure girl is wearing a purity ring, then why would she do that? 8) Because it hightens her selfesteem and raises the possibilitys to get new dates or better scolarships for instance. Some high-schools are espescialy picky about the moral values of theyr attendants, so some are tempted to let a 'white lie' slide to get better. :twisted:

Some girls are just trying to make a change in theyr past life, and using this to remind them of theyr decision. Hope that was of help. :roll:
bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by bobevenson »

It's because men rule and women complain about everything.
User avatar
Walgekaaren
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am
Location: Tartu Estonia
Contact:

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Walgekaaren »

bobevenson wrote:It's because men rule and women complain about everything.
That wasnt wery polite :shock: You have no manners. :evil:
Typist
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 am

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Typist »

The stories from your part of the country, and your part of life, are interesting Kayla, thanks for sharing.
Kayla wrote:so what is the deal with girls having to wear purity rings but no one is asking boys to wear purity rings
Men and women are different.

For many millions of years, starting long before the emergence of humans, evolution has instructed male mammals that their job is to:

1) Fight with other males, in order to weed out weak genes. (You can see this in progress all over this forum.)

2) Impregnate as many females as possible. (Sadly, none of this going on here!)

The female's job is to create a safe environment for the raising of babies, which often involves attracting a strong male partner.

What you see in your community is an argument between a few thousand years of morality, and many millions of years of biology and evolution.

As part of this few thousands of years of morality, you are asking that men and women be treated the same. But they are not the same. And if we should succeed in making them the same, women will be very disappointed with that outcome.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:in my neck of the woods the whole abstinence education and shit are very popular because there is something in the air that causes brain damage by the time you are 30 I got to get out of this place

You are living 150 years in the past. I think it may be already too late for you.

Everytime you post I think of The Village.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/

Have you seen it?
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Kayla »

Typist people like you make biology teachers weep
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:Typist people like you make biology teachers weep
Darwin is turning in his grave.
bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by bobevenson »

Walgekaaren wrote:
bobevenson wrote:It's because men rule and women complain about everything.
That wasnt wery polite :shock: You have no manners. :evil:
It may not be polite, but it's the truth. When was the last time you heard a man complain, "Boo-hoo, she said something improper to me," or "She touched me and made me feel very uncomfortable."
User avatar
Walgekaaren
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am
Location: Tartu Estonia
Contact:

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Walgekaaren »

bobevenson wrote:
Walgekaaren wrote:
bobevenson wrote:It's because men rule and women complain about everything.
That wasnt wery polite :shock: You have no manners. :evil:
It may not be polite, but it's the truth. When was the last time you heard a man complain, "Boo-hoo, she said something improper to me," or "She touched me and made me feel very uncomfortable."
Your truth stinks... :oops: If a girl would say something improper to me, I would forgive her, if that was a private conversation, and the issue lets himself to be treated that way. For I am a man, and dont have to be conserned what others tell bad to me but what shall go out of my own lips and mouth. You're not man enough in my eyes... :evil: If you would speak rough with men its ok, but infront of women you should bring up a whip with you incase you feel the urch to show your muscles and be a neandertal-man, for this is not the proper conduct of true maleness. It was insulting and rude, and calling it 'the truth' makes it even worse! :idea: The proper conduct was like did Jesus, then he beat the hell out of the merchants in the temple, but sat with a Samaritan woman who was a prostitute on a well and spake with peacefull and kind words, without mocking her wereabouts and gender or work...

Don't you ever address me again in any topic for you have dishonored me as a male :evil:
bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by bobevenson »

You're not a man, you're a pussy (and I'll be happy to translate that for you if it's not in your English-Estonian dictionary).
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Izzywizzy »

typist i disagree as evolution made females productive and men null and void..even today the spider ie black widow has sex then procreates and then kills her male counterpart..even todAY female lionesses hunt the prey and feed their lazy lion hubbys,..lol so your theory is weak and useless..if scientists did show us all the sexual differences we would see more matriachs ruling than patriarchs after all ..more single human females run their kids alone today than their male counterparts who fled their responsibilites..i think you adhere to a yesturyear science which means you need to evolve
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:typist i disagree as evolution made females productive and men null and void..even today the spider ie black widow has sex then procreates and then kills her male counterpart..even todAY female lionesses hunt the prey and feed their lazy lion hubbys,..lol so your theory is weak and useless..if scientists did show us all the sexual differences we would see more matriachs ruling than patriarchs after all ..more single human females run their kids alone today than their male counterparts who fled their responsibilites..i think you adhere to a yesturyear science which means you need to evolve
The reason this view is wrong is that evolution does not 'make' anything do anything. Evolution is not a cause, it is an effect. Living things compete in competitive environments, with variations. More suitable variations for survival continue and the RESULT is evolution. This does not mean that the consequences of evolution amount to a intentional force or purpose.

The reason why you two can have this argument is due to this misconception.
Were you to understand the point of NS and evolution then you would know that this argument is meaningless.
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Kayla »

bobevenson wrote:That wasnt wery polite :shock: You have no manners. :evil:
It may not be polite, but it's the truth. When was the last time you heard a man complain, "Boo-hoo, she said something improper to me," or "She touched me and made me feel very uncomfortable."[/quote]

lol

i have an uncle who used to think the whole sexual harassment thing was a total joke

said he wished some women sexually harassed him

well karma caught up with him

he got sexually harassed by his female boss ended up having to quit and of course no one took it seriously

he said she was fat and ugly and had such an unpleasant personality she would leave him limp had she looked like a supermodel

she made him feel real uncomfortable

yes he is a bit crude and will sometimes use language my parents consider inappropriate for use in front of teenage girls

apparently boys are immune to harmful effects of such language, whatever
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by Kayla »

Everytime you post I think of The Village.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/

Have you seen it?
havent seen it but it does look interesting

but we have no little people living in the woods here
Post Reply