Does God have a gender?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagsJ

Re: Does God have a gender?

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:20 am
MagsJ wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:14 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:22 am Traditional in the large dominating religions. Less so in other religions. Certainly more complicated in pagan and indigenous religions.
Yes.. coz pagan and indigenous religions/belief-systems, denote their deities/ancestral-worship with the nomenclature of God or Goddess, to differentiate said deity/ancestor. It ain’t rocket-science!
I'm not sure what you mean here. Also are you saying I shouldn't have just reminded people that we not just look at those religions with male deities? Or were you agreeing with me here?
I guess I was agreeing with you.. with my addition [coz pagan and indigenous religions/belief-systems, denote their deities/ancestral-worship with the nomenclature of God or Goddess, to differentiate said deity/ancestor.].

God is not called goddess, which then denotes a gender..
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:20 am
MagsJ wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:14 am Waiter.. Iwannaplato whatever he’s having..
I'm not sure what you mean here either.
‘I wanna plate o’ whatever he’s having.. a play, on words. :D
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

So it's official - God is everywhere except American bathrooms, because you gotta get your pronouns in order if you want to take a shit in these United States.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:24 pm You gals seem to me to be doing pretty well.
There have been advances for some populations of women, but there are many women throughout the world that are treated horribly. Also, most men are unaware of the amount of engrained misogyny that females face in everyday life. It's ridiculous. Very foolish men acting like women are inferior.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:24 pmBut if you don't value men, then what's the point?
Who says we women don't value men? But men don't have to model freakin' gods after themselves! :lol:

I think men are a product of superstitious and controlling generations before them who were always seeking power and domination. That was woven into religions that glorified themselves over other men/cultures and made women subservient. So, in a way, it's not their fault that they were brainwashed over generations. It's time to wake up, though, and stop telling/believing such old stories. I do think humankind IS waking up from the past, and that's part of the reason for all of the extremism and chaos right now. Some people clinging to the old beliefs/identities... others wanting to move on from that... with a whole bunch of other stuff unfolding. That's my technical description of it. :lol:

For what it's worth, most of my best friends have been men... so clearly I value them... at least the honorable ones. I don't like dumb brutes who think they're superior because they have a dick hanging between their legs. There are all kinds, ya know... just like there are all kinds of women. The biggest achievement is learning how to discern between them. Whatever channel you're on, you'll attract more of that. It's just the Universe being generous with where you focus. 8) We have to be the kind of person we want to attract.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:49 am So it's official - God is everywhere except American bathrooms, because you gotta get your pronouns in order if you want to take a shit in these United States.
Lol :lol:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:40 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:24 pm You gals seem to me to be doing pretty well.
There have been advances for some populations of women, but there are many women throughout the world that are treated horribly. Also, most men are unaware of the amount of engrained misogyny that females face in everyday life. It's ridiculous. Very foolish men acting like women are inferior.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:24 pmBut if you don't value men, then what's the point?
Who says we women don't value men? But men don't have to model freakin' gods after themselves! :lol:

I think men are a product of superstitious and controlling generations before them who were always seeking power and domination. That was woven into religions that glorified themselves over other men/cultures and made women subservient. So, in a way, it's not their fault that they were brainwashed over generations. It's time to wake up, though, and stop telling/believing such old stories. I do think humankind IS waking up from the past, and that's part of the reason for all of the extremism and chaos right now. Some people clinging to the old beliefs/identities... others wanting to move on from that... with a whole bunch of other stuff unfolding. That's my technical description of it. :lol:

For what it's worth, most of my best friends have been men... so clearly I value them... at least the honorable ones. I don't like dumb brutes who think they're superior because they have a dick hanging between their legs. There are all kinds, ya know... just like there are all kinds of women. The biggest achievement is learning how to discern between them. Whatever channel you're on, you'll attract more of that. It's just the Universe being generous with where you focus. 8) We have to be the kind of person we want to attract.
Sounds good to me. I just don't get some of the flavors of "feminism" going on out there right now. And the word misogyny get's used quite a bit, almost to the point where it borders misandry. Some women seem to treat any form of disagreement (whether rational or otherwise) with their views as misogyny.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:35 pm I just don't get some of the flavors of "feminism" going on out there right now. And the word misogyny get's used quite a bit, almost to the point where it borders misandry. Some women seem to treat any form of disagreement (whether rational or otherwise) with their views as misogyny.
There are always some people who go overboard. But I would say that we're still working through this issue. It is so deeply embedded in cultures. Men may not notice it the way women do, because it is to the male's advantage, seems totally normal from their upbringing, and seems like 'no big deal' to them. But if men were to live their lives being cast as inferior because of their gender... in just about every part of society (religion, politics, careers, leadership, etc.)... they would surely notice it and rail against it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:47 amBut if men were to live their lives being cast as inferior because of their gender... in just about every part of society (religion, politics, careers, leadership, etc.)... they would surely notice it and rail against it.
Men Are Becoming the Ad Target of the Gender Sneer
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/28/busi ... sneer.html
(Subscription site that says no more than this, for free.)

“ARE today's men incompetent, bumbling idiots? Judging by portrayals in some advertising, the answer seems to be yes -- much to the dismay of some men.

“The portrayals began as a clever reversal of traditional gender roles in campaigns, prompted by the ire of women and feminist organizations over decades of ads using stereotyped imagery of an incompetent, bumbling housewife who needed to be told which coffee or cleanser to buy.”

The reality is not "railing," rather, it's amused tolerace of feminine insecurity that needs to portray men as Homer Simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwbmtZcDekY
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:28 pm
The reality is not "railing," rather, it's amused tolerace of feminine insecurity that needs to portray men as Homer Simpsons.
But you obviously don't like it. Perhaps it is you who is feeling insecure. :roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm
But you obviously don't like it. Perhaps it is you who is feeling insecure. :roll:
Aligning another's fantasy of what might be, with the reality of what is, what has been, and thus will be, does not objectively imply insecurity in the aligning forces, of which you and I are elements as is the moon. Rather, it demonstrates fodder for philosophy. Therefore, insecurity is a fishing line, perhaps a projection, and perhaps unknown but likely not it is also a greater role in the forces of truth, justice, and the Maculine Way that obliterates clouds of any ignorance concerning the role of feminine railing, once such has been apprehended by awareness, often in the form of endless girl-talk complaints.

:|
Walker

Post by Walker »

On the contrary, amused tolerance of feminine railing is a natural part of being a man.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:41 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm But you obviously don't like it. Perhaps it is you who is feeling insecure. :roll:
On the contrary, amused tolerance of feminine railing is a natural part of being a man.
You are a demonstration of what I was talking about, and you're too stupid to recognize it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:29 pm
Aligning another's fantasy of what might be, with the reality of what is, what has been, and thus will be, does not objectively imply insecurity in the aligning forces, of which you and I are elements as is the moon. Rather, it demonstrates fodder for philosophy. Therefore, insecurity is a fishing line, perhaps a projection, and perhaps unknown but likely not it is also a greater role in the forces of truth, justice, and the Maculine Way that obliterates clouds of any ignorance concerning the role of feminine railing, once such has been apprehended by awareness, often in the form of endless girl-talk complaints.

:|
I'm glad to see that it's not an issue for you, Walker. :roll:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:41 pm
And exaggerating mediocre achievents is another part. Droning on about cars and sport is yet another. :|
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

In the Bible God is referred to as Elohim, which is masculine plural.

So, their pronouns should be they, them, theirs and themselves.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm But you obviously don't like it. Perhaps it is you who is feeling insecure. :roll:
And being a bulimic who does not throw up. Eat fast, that is binge, but keep it down.