The lie that'll destroy women for generations

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The lie that'll destroy women for generations

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You would think that your all powerful 'god' would be able to shut down abortion clinics if it upsets him that much. He must very approving of them :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:17 pm

So I ask again, what have you got against educating young women?
A much bigger mystery is why anyone on here actually thinks you are intelligent.
What a bloody stupid question. Where have I ever said that? Why do you think all women are 'young and uneducated'?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:18 pm ...abortion clinics...
Look. You and I don't have to get into that nonsense here. We both know where you and I stand: I'm against abortion, and you're for it. But here, that's totally, 100% irrelevant to the question in hand.

Why would you object to educating and empowering young women, so they can voluntarily regulate their own reproduction? Can you not at least recognize that that is a good thing to do?

We don't need to disagree here. I'm mystified, actually, by you wanting to turn this into an abortion conversation. It has nothing to do with that.
vegetariantaxidermy

The sad irony, of course, is that those who genuinely love babies and children are pro-choice. Anti-choicers (the wankers who shriek the loudest about 'murdering babies') actually hate both babies AND women.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:22 pm Why do you think all women are 'young and uneducated'?
Nobody said "all"? Why make things up? And what kind of an idiotic claim are you trying to impute to me, in saying "you think all women are young and uneducated"? I never said anything like that.

What IS true is that the population explosion is happening where young (i.e. birthing age) women are uneducated. It's not happening in the Developed World, where the birthrate is already below replacement levels. It's happening when women have no education, no opportunities and no options, in the Developing World.

So if you care about population, you should be advocating women's education. That's the right solution.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:36 pm The sad irony, of course...
No answer.

So you don't want to educate young women. You just want to use the population issue to plug for abortion?

So you don't care about population at all, I see.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:40 pm
iambiguous wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:28 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 am
What on earth are you on about? It has nothing to do with politics. It's a medical procedure and only concerns a woman and her doctor or pharmacist. Abortion has nothing to do with 'morality', unless it's to say that it's 'immoral' to force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, or to force her to go to a backstreet butcher.
Great. Another fulminating fanatic objectivist. Another ranter who goes berserk when he/she encounters someone here who doesn't think exactly like he/she does about, well, I'm guessing, everything under the sun?

Note to others:

In regard to those like vegetariantaxidermy here, I speculate that something has clearly pissed them off in life. Something they can't or won't do anything about. So, they come into places like this and use others to vent their outrage on.

And, of course, abortion is about politics. Why? Because different people have different, conflicting value judgments regarding it. Why? Well, I root that in dasein above, but what counts is not what we believe here but who has the political power to enforce their own dogmas. And when the arrogant, autocratic, authoritarian objectivists gain power, you either think like they do...or else.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 amYou might as well say that having a mastectomy is a 'moral issue'. Do you see protests about women getting this procedure? Telling women that they have no right to do this? Of course you don't. Anti-choicers couldn't give a flying rat's turd about unwanted babies and children. They really just need to slither back into the slime they came from.
Right. Like getting breast cancer and getting pregnant were interchangeable.

So, what is it with you? What does prompt you to treat those who don't share your own moral and political prejudices with scathing contempt?
Spare me your bullshit pseudopsychoanalysis dickhead. Get back to me when you can get pregnant, then you might actually be entitled to have even a 'subjective opinion'. What the fuck does it have to do with men? It's NONE of their business. Are women out protesting against men having vasectomies?
See what I mean?

Again, "I speculate that something has clearly pissed her off in life. Something she can't or won't do anything about. So, she comes into places like this and uses us to vent her outrage on."

We're the scapegoats as it were.

I'd challenge her to explore that with me but it would, no doubt, be a complete waste of time.

I would however advise her to give ILP a try. Over there we've got this: https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewforum.php?f=6
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:05 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:55 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:51 pm
You are so naive, and showing your nasty prejudice.
Wanting to educate young women is "nasty prejudice'? Cuz that's all I've advocated here...
As if only uneducated idiots ever need abortions.
No, nobody needs abortions. Contraception? Maybe. Baby murder? No.

But we can control the population very nicely without murdering babies. That's the point.

Population control is possible voluntarily, by helpful means, liberating young women, and killing no children.

Why wouldn't we take that?
And you don't think it's possible that there are all kinds of reasons that women might need to terminate THEIR pregnancy? Have you ever even been with a woman? You don't seem to know anything about them.
So, if a woman terminates her pregnancy at 7 weeks with an abortion pill, then that's 'murdering a baby'? You would prefer for it to actually become a baby and THEN get murdered?
Take someone who terminates a pregnancy in the first few weeks (which most are): if she goes over her sanitary pads with a fine tooth comb and a magnifying glass she is NOT going to find anything that even resembles a 'baby' in any way. It's YOU who needs educating. What is your objection exactly? Be honest now. Is it the 'soul' that you are concerned about? Hmmm? The sacred creation of your 'god' that you feel you need to 'defend' because your 'god' might get mad at you if you don't? Hypocrites make me sick. You think your 'omnicient god' can't see hypocrisy? Especially when you consider that he's the most prolific abortionist imaginable.
A classic example of the irreversible force objectivist smashing headlong into the immovable object objectivist. Both absolutely adamant that they and only they are on the One True Path. Just entirely different arrogant, autocratic, authoritarian fonts.

Now, imagine either one of them having the power to, say, ban members here. That would certainly solve the problem that I pose for them.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

iambiguous wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:57 pm Now, imagine either one of them having the power to, say, ban members here. That would certainly solve the problem that I pose for them.
The problem you pose for us is how to get you to say something actually intelligent.

And don't worry...it seems you're entirely safe from ever doing that, so you'll never be banned. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

It's just good to know that IC supports abortion for older, educated women. It's only 'young, uneducated' women he has a problem with, because young women are completely retarded when it comes to their own bodies (because IC says so)...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:30 pm It's just good to know that IC supports abortion for older, educated women.
Back on "abortion" again? :shock:

I guess that's all you care about...baby killing. You don't seem to think anything like population control has any value at all, unless it involves your opportunity to kill babies. That's all you seem to want to do.
vegetariantaxidermy

What's that horrible squeaking noise?
I will have to be excused. Discussing abortion with icky old kristian men makes me feel unclean. I have to go and take a long shower...
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:04 pm
iambiguous wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:57 pm Now, imagine either one of them having the power to, say, ban members here. That would certainly solve the problem that I pose for them.
The problem you pose for us is how to get you to say something actually intelligent.

And don't worry...it seems you're entirely safe from ever doing that, so you'll never be banned. :wink:
As usual, there's no way I can make a bigger fool out of him than he manages to make out of himself. I'll bet he thought this was really, really clever.

8)
vegetariantaxidermy

Those poor, poor cancers. They deserve a chance at life. Do they not have a soul? Can they not feel pain? Imagine being slowly poisoned and wizzened to 'near death'.
chemo.png
chemo.png (157.88 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
vegetariantaxidermy

iambiguous wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:57 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:05 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Wanting to educate young women is "nasty prejudice'? Cuz that's all I've advocated here...

No, nobody needs abortions. Contraception? Maybe. Baby murder? No.

But we can control the population very nicely without murdering babies. That's the point.

Population control is possible voluntarily, by helpful means, liberating young women, and killing no children.

Why wouldn't we take that?
And you don't think it's possible that there are all kinds of reasons that women might need to terminate THEIR pregnancy? Have you ever even been with a woman? You don't seem to know anything about them.
So, if a woman terminates her pregnancy at 7 weeks with an abortion pill, then that's 'murdering a baby'? You would prefer for it to actually become a baby and THEN get murdered?
Take someone who terminates a pregnancy in the first few weeks (which most are): if she goes over her sanitary pads with a fine tooth comb and a magnifying glass she is NOT going to find anything that even resembles a 'baby' in any way. It's YOU who needs educating. What is your objection exactly? Be honest now. Is it the 'soul' that you are concerned about? Hmmm? The sacred creation of your 'god' that you feel you need to 'defend' because your 'god' might get mad at you if you don't? Hypocrites make me sick. You think your 'omnicient god' can't see hypocrisy? Especially when you consider that he's the most prolific abortionist imaginable.
A classic example of the irreversible force objectivist smashing headlong into the immovable object objectivist. Both absolutely adamant that they and only they are on the One True Path. Just entirely different arrogant, autocratic, authoritarian fonts.

Now, imagine either one of them having the power to, say, ban members here. That would certainly solve the problem that I pose for them.
But I have science, logic and reason on my side; he has superstitious nutjobbery. It's not an equal 'argument'. You are a moron (objective opinion).