The lie that'll destroy women for generations

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: The lie that'll destroy women for generations

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:07 am
Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:23 am

Fuck off. Anti-choice is about misogyny and control. Women can be misogynistic arseholes too. There is no way that ANY of those hypocrites give a flying rat's turd about other people's unformed embryos. If they did then they would be objecting to IVF clinics which flush away millions of them.
I care about them, and I also object to flushing away embryos.

As I pointed out, to say I'm anti-choice is to say that people who object to murder are anti-choice.
You are a phony. No one could genuinely think like that. You might be fooling yourself but you don't fool me. Anti-choicers are hypocrities by definition.
The hypocrites are those who say that it's ok to kill babies before they're born, but not after. I assume you oppose infanticide. If not, apologies, you're not a hypocrite. Just depraved.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:17 am
Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:36 am

I care about them, and I also object to flushing away embryos.

As I pointed out, to say I'm anti-choice is to say that people who object to murder are anti-choice.
You are a phony. No one could genuinely think like that. You might be fooling yourself but you don't fool me. Anti-choicers are hypocrities by definition.
The hypocrites are those who say that it's ok to kill babies before they're born, but not after. I assume you oppose infanticide. If not, apologies, you're not a hypocrite. Just depraved.
You're a phony.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:32 am

You're a phony.
Why? Because you disagree with me?
vegetariantaxidermy

Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:00 am

You're a phony.
Because you are a phony. Why are you so determined to discuss abortion with me? Go over to one of the MANY abortion threads, ALL written by elderly male kristians..
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:04 am
Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:00 am

You're a phony.
Because you are a phony. Why are you so determined to discuss abortion with me? Go over to one of the MANY abortion threads, ALL written by elderly male kristians..
It was you that brought it up.

As for elderly male Christians, I'm none of those things. In fact, I would say that centuries of Christianity have led to a disconnect and desacralisation of nature, which in turn leads to a cheapening of all life, including human life.
vegetariantaxidermy

Well I suppose it's pretty 'cheap' when there are 9 billion of us on a too small planet. Supply and demand...
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:31 am Well I suppose it's pretty 'cheap' when there are 9 billion of us on a too small planet. Supply and demand...
And yet in the West our birthrate is falling. This imbalance needs to be addressed.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:31 am Well I suppose it's pretty 'cheap' when there are 9 billion of us on a too small planet. Supply and demand...
We actually can support all those, no problem. We have more than enough food...just too much political corruption and waste, at the moment. Those are the solutions.

And there's a better way to go than killing babies: educate young women. Educated women self-regulate their birth-rates, because they have knowledge, opportunities and options. In every country where young women are properly educated, birth rate falls and comes under control.

Why not save babies AND do good for women...and also, by the way, energize the economy and academia, because 50% or more of the people are no longer locked out of these?

What's the loss in that strategy?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:35 am
And yet in the West our birthrate is falling. This imbalance needs to be addressed.
When people don't need their children to help support the family as children and when children mostly make it to adulthood and women have more freedom to a wider variety of job roles, birthrates go down. I don't think that's negative and nearly every culture group upon moving to the West also begins in one or two generations, even while retaining strong cultural ties, to have less babies. Because they used many babies as a form of defense against nature, illness, family problems that end up in starvation etc. Once you remove these threats, which is a good thing, people stop having so many babies. The population is still going up in the West. Just not so fast.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 am
What on earth are you on about? It has nothing to do with politics. It's a medical procedure and only concerns a woman and her doctor or pharmacist. Abortion has nothing to do with 'morality', unless it's to say that it's 'immoral' to force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, or to force her to go to a backstreet butcher.
Great. Another fulminating fanatic objectivist. Another ranter who goes berserk when he/she encounters someone here who doesn't think exactly like he/she does about, well, I'm guessing, everything under the sun?

Note to others:

In regard to those like vegetariantaxidermy here, I speculate that something has clearly pissed them off in life. Something they can't or won't do anything about. So, they come into places like this and use others to vent their outrage on.

And, of course, abortion is about politics. Why? Because different people have different, conflicting value judgments regarding it. Why? Well, I root that in dasein above, but what counts is not what we believe here but who has the political power to enforce their own dogmas. And when the arrogant, autocratic, authoritarian objectivists gain power, you either think like they do...or else.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 amYou might as well say that having a mastectomy is a 'moral issue'. Do you see protests about women getting this procedure? Telling women that they have no right to do this? Of course you don't. Anti-choicers couldn't give a flying rat's turd about unwanted babies and children. They really just need to slither back into the slime they came from.
Right. Like getting breast cancer and getting pregnant were interchangeable.

So, what is it with you? What does prompt you to treat those who don't share your own moral and political prejudices with scathing contempt?
vegetariantaxidermy

iambiguous wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:28 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 am
What on earth are you on about? It has nothing to do with politics. It's a medical procedure and only concerns a woman and her doctor or pharmacist. Abortion has nothing to do with 'morality', unless it's to say that it's 'immoral' to force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, or to force her to go to a backstreet butcher.
Great. Another fulminating fanatic objectivist. Another ranter who goes berserk when he/she encounters someone here who doesn't think exactly like he/she does about, well, I'm guessing, everything under the sun?

Note to others:

In regard to those like vegetariantaxidermy here, I speculate that something has clearly pissed them off in life. Something they can't or won't do anything about. So, they come into places like this and use others to vent their outrage on.

And, of course, abortion is about politics. Why? Because different people have different, conflicting value judgments regarding it. Why? Well, I root that in dasein above, but what counts is not what we believe here but who has the political power to enforce their own dogmas. And when the arrogant, autocratic, authoritarian objectivists gain power, you either think like they do...or else.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 amYou might as well say that having a mastectomy is a 'moral issue'. Do you see protests about women getting this procedure? Telling women that they have no right to do this? Of course you don't. Anti-choicers couldn't give a flying rat's turd about unwanted babies and children. They really just need to slither back into the slime they came from.
Right. Like getting breast cancer and getting pregnant were interchangeable.

So, what is it with you? What does prompt you to treat those who don't share your own moral and political prejudices with scathing contempt?
Spare me your bullshit pseudopsychoanalysis dickhead. Get back to me when you can get pregnant, then you might actually be entitled to have even a 'subjective opinion'. What the fuck does it have to do with men? It's NONE of their business. Are women out protesting against men having vasectomies?
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:26 pm
We actually can support all those, no problem. We have more than enough food...just too much political corruption and waste, at the moment. Those are the solutions.

And there's a better way to go than killing babies: educate young women. Educated women self-regulate their birth-rates, because they have knowledge, opportunities and options. In every country where young women are properly educated, birth rate falls and comes under control.

Why not save babies AND do good for women...and also, by the way, energize the economy and academia, because 50% or more of the people are no longer locked out of these?

You are so naive, and showing your nasty prejudice. As if only uneducated idiots ever need abortions. This might be extremely shocking to you, but even older, well educated, married, white kristian women have abortions :lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:51 pm

You are so naive, and showing your nasty prejudice.
Wanting to educate young women is "nasty prejudice'? Cuz that's all I've advocated here...
As if only uneducated idiots ever need abortions.
No, nobody needs abortions. Contraception? Maybe. Baby murder? No.

But we can control the population very nicely without murdering babies. That's the point.

Population control is possible voluntarily, by helpful means, liberating young women, and killing no children.

Why wouldn't we take that?
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:55 pm

Wanting to educate young women is "nasty prejudice'? Cuz that's all I've advocated here...

But we can control the population very nicely without murdering babies. That's the point.

Population control is possible voluntarily, by helpful means, liberating young women, and killing no children.

And you don't think it's possible that there are all kinds of reasons that women might need to terminate THEIR pregnancy? Have you ever even been with a woman? You don't seem to know anything about them.
So, if a woman terminates her pregnancy at 7 weeks with an abortion pill, then that's 'murdering a baby'? You would prefer for it to actually become a baby and THEN get murdered?
Take someone who terminates a pregnancy in the first few weeks (which most are): if she goes over her sanitary pads with a fine tooth comb and a magnifying glass she is NOT going to find anything that even resembles a 'baby' in any way. It's YOU who needs educating. What is your objection exactly? Be honest now. Is it the 'soul' that you are concerned about? Hmmm? The sacred creation of your 'god' that you feel you need to 'defend' because your 'god' might get mad at you if you don't? Hypocrites make me sick. You think your 'omnicient god' can't see hypocrisy? Especially when you consider that he's the most prolific abortionist imaginable.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:05 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:55 pm

And you don't think it's possible that there are all kinds of reasons that women might need to terminate THEIR pregnancy?
The only time it might be legitimate is in a case of mutually-assured death, where one life has to be chosen and the other ended. But there are very, very few such cases...and in all such cases, it's a situation of lamentable impossibility of saving both, not simply a matter of convenience.

But we weren't even talking about that, so forget it. We were talking about population control. It's achieveable with absolutely no reference to abortion, and by means of a huge benefit to women and to the world.

So I ask again, what have you got against educating young women?