Black Widows

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

simplicity

Re: Black Widows

Post by simplicity »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:53 am
simplicity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:13 am I hear you Iwannaplato
You guys should get a room.
We've got one. YOu made by being a certain kind of hypocrite in this thread. That created a space where we could find some agreement about this kind of pattern. The condescending guru or 'guru' type who says he has no judgment when it turns out (or has already turned out) that they are filled with judgment. So, there was this thread, a kind of digital space, or room, where dontaskme and I met. And had, within easy reach the hilariously contradictory posts by one person.

Often the kind of dynamic you present can even take years to manifest openly. Or it can come down to voice tone and implication.

Here it was right out in the open. Which is lovely.

I certainly hope you learn something from having the obvious pointed out. But that's not necessary for anyone else to make use of the room you created.
I take that back...instead of a room, go directly to the Anger Olympics. Now here's a place you can compete against the best in your field of expertise.

This is the problem with philosophy [and thinking in general], after a while, people actually begin to believe their own bullshit.

Well, have a shitty day!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:09 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:53 am
simplicity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:32 pm
You guys should get a room.
We've got one. YOu made by being a certain kind of hypocrite in this thread. That created a space where we could find some agreement about this kind of pattern. The condescending guru or 'guru' type who says he has no judgment when it turns out (or has already turned out) that they are filled with judgment. So, there was this thread, a kind of digital space, or room, where dontaskme and I met. And had, within easy reach the hilariously contradictory posts by one person.

Often the kind of dynamic you present can even take years to manifest openly. Or it can come down to voice tone and implication.

Here it was right out in the open. Which is lovely.

I certainly hope you learn something from having the obvious pointed out. But that's not necessary for anyone else to make use of the room you created.
I take that back...instead of a room, go directly to the Anger Olympics. Now here's a place you can compete against the best in your field of expertise.

This is the problem with philosophy [and thinking in general], after a while, people actually begin to believe their own bullshit.

Well, have a shitty day!
Oooh! Let’s play the anger card now shall we…must be running out of options.

No one’s mad here except you😫

You need to go to the boring cliche detox centre. Run along before it closes.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

simplicity wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:40 pm All are familiar with the mating habits of Black Widow Spiders...they kill their partner after the male has performed up to expectations. I would like to suggest that it appears as if human females in Western culture are doing much the same, although instead of killing their mates, they divorce them [more of a spiritual and financial demise]. Of the approx. 50% Western divorce rate, 80% of these are initiated by women. Here's my theory...

Although life as we know it has made spectacular advances in the past century, we must keep in mind that the good and the bad are in lockstep. The freedom that women have sought [and captured] has had some alarming sequellae. Paramount among these unintended consequences has been the utter destruction of the family. Her financial independence and lack of the need for a male partner [except for reproduction (and maybe taking out the trash:)] has created an environment where women appear to see life quite differently than before...that their mate is disposable. Add this to the number of children being brought into the world outside of wedlock and you have a complete social catastrophe.

The moral of the story is when the family is no longer the priority of your society, said society has begun its clockwise rotation down the drain. If you have decided to have a family, both husband and wife need to commit to something besides their own happiness [which they will never find anyway]. Adult life is about bearing up to great responsibility and not continuing one's adolescence into their forties [and beyond].

It's time for parents to once again give a shit about their kids, and that means getting involved in their lives in a personal way. It means taking the fucking phone out of your two year old's hands and playing with your child. It means putting your own life on hold while you do what parents did for their kids for the past 100 generations...SACRIFICE.

Grow the fuck up people. Stop wasting your money on things you cannot afford and spend time with your children. Maybe then your kids will make a better life of it then what you people are doing...
Let me guess, you propose that the woman take most of the burden of raising the children?
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

simplicity wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:29 pm
Veganman wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:12 pm
Instead, perhaps you should ask yourself why people in the past had kids!
Perhaps you should study history yourself and consider the development of birth control. Many people in the past had kids they could not provide for nor wanted simply because they couldn't choose not to. With new scientific developments it makes sense that people wish to consider the world they are bringing children into. Choosing not to have kids in a world you believe to be unstable or unsuitable for children is perhaps the more responsible and mature choice than having a child because you want one or because you think you should.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

simplicity wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:44 pm Or is it your thinking [or lack of thinking] that creates such?
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:50 am I am not denying that thinking can cause suffering or more suffering. I deny that it is the only cause. I also think if you interact with people as if it is the only cause, you end up being socially damaging. Not when it is discussed in a philosophy forum at an abstract level, but if you interact with people who are suffering, in individual cases, and always think it is their thinking creating the problem.
Without thinking, how can there be suffering? You need to look into the nature of pain.
Same pattern way back when. You don't respond to arguments. You just restate your positions. I thought I remembered you.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:46 pm
simplicity wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:44 pm Or is it your thinking [or lack of thinking] that creates such?
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:50 am I am not denying that thinking can cause suffering or more suffering. I deny that it is the only cause. I also think if you interact with people as if it is the only cause, you end up being socially damaging. Not when it is discussed in a philosophy forum at an abstract level, but if you interact with people who are suffering, in individual cases, and always think it is their thinking creating the problem.
Without thinking, how can there be suffering? You need to look into the nature of pain.
Same pattern way back when. You don't respond to arguments. You just restate your positions. I thought I remembered you.
I am not sure what to tell you. You are going to believe what you wish.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:39 am I am not sure what to tell you.
Yes, that's clear in both threads.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:19 am
Have you nothing positive to offer?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:31 pm
I have no idea what you will consider positive. But pointing out toxic patterns is often both positive and useful. I do understand that you are unaware of what you're doing and not doing. Or at least that is my charitable interpretation.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:40 pm
simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:31 pm
I have no idea what you will consider positive. But pointing out toxic patterns is often both positive and useful. I do understand that you are unaware of what you're doing and not doing. Or at least that is my charitable interpretation.
Thank you for your prescient insight. I will completely change everything I do based on your advice. Thank you again.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:07 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:40 pm
simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:31 pm Have you nothing positive to offer?
Thank you for your prescient insight. I will completely change everything I do based on your advice. Thank you again.
Actually, you could have simply responded to me in the other thread - or this one, though it's long past. But you didn't. You tossed implicit insults and merely repeated your position in different paraphrases.

But in the other thread I raised issues related to what you posted. That's what happens in philosophy forums. You present a position. Some agree, some ask for clarification, some criticize steps in the argument or if there is no argument, but just assertions, they rebut those assertions, if they disagree.

All I got was you being stunned that I could disagree. Restatements of your position. Implicit insults, perhaps a couple of explicit.

So, here you say sarcastically
I will completely change everything I do based on your advice.
as if I ever requested or demanded anything like that. Is that what it felt like? If I don't simply acknowledge what you call self-evident, I am demanded you change everything you do?

Is there no middle ground?

I say that many people fall for the bs and you interpret that to mean I think everyone does.

Is it all binary?

All you needed to do to be respectful was to respond to the points I made.

And now you're acting like I made some crazy demands.

Is your position so fragile?
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 pm
simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:07 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:40 pm I have no idea what you will consider positive. But pointing out toxic patterns is often both positive and useful. I do understand that you are unaware of what you're doing and not doing. Or at least that is my charitable interpretation.
Actually, you could have simply responded to me in the other thread - or this one, though it's long past. But you didn't. You tossed implicit insults and merely repeated your position in different paraphrases.

But in the other thread I raised issues related to what you posted. That's what happens in philosophy forums. You present a position. Some agree, some ask for clarification, some criticize steps in the argument or if there is no argument, but just assertions, they rebut those assertions, if they disagree.

All I got was you being stunned that I could disagree. Restatements of your position. Implicit insults, perhaps a couple of explicit.

So, here you say sarcastically
I will completely change everything I do based on your advice.
as if I ever requested or demanded anything like that. Is that what it felt like? If I don't simply acknowledge what you call self-evident, I am demanded you change everything you do?

Is there no middle ground?

I say that many people fall for the bs and you interpret that to mean I think everyone does.

Is it all binary?

All you needed to do to be respectful was to respond to the points I made.

And now you're acting like I made some crazy demands.

Is your position so fragile?
You are simply too much work to talk with. It's just a conversation, not life and death. Relax a little bit and have some fun with it. Who cares what I say anyway?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

simplicity wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:19 pm You are simply too much work to talk with.
Oh, please, I think more highly of you than you do. You could have managed a dab of actual response to the points I raised. You could have handled that without breathing hard.