Black Widows

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Black Widows

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:10 am Yes, that's it, it's a kind of D.I.D.
A very common trait among the phoney world of the vomit inducing Woke New Age..Do-Gooders. ( DOG ooders) And half a mind is telling me I'll probably get called a racist for saying that, but oh well.
I am not sure where racism comes in. I think getting called a psychic vampire or having negative energy or being attached to Samsara are more likely attacks. More sophiisticated types implying their superiority and/or expressing faux pity without directly saying it. I do think some people manage to poop out their limbic systems, and have achieved a grey equanimity or partial humanness, but I doubt they bother with online forums. The people I've met seem to enjoy the feeling that they are not like the people they advise. Alone, without that dynamic, they find themselves seething in their hatred of women, for example. But in the game of kindly explaining watered-down stoicism or neo-Buddhism without to people who likely have at least as much experience as them with these approaches, they get a break from their own judgments of themselves and the world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:51 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:10 am Yes, that's it, it's a kind of D.I.D.
A very common trait among the phoney world of the vomit inducing Woke New Age..Do-Gooders. ( DOG ooders) And half a mind is telling me I'll probably get called a racist for saying that, but oh well.
I am not sure where racism comes in. I think getting called a psychic vampire or having negative energy or being attached to Samsara are more likely attacks. More sophiisticated types implying their superiority and/or expressing faux pity without directly saying it. I do think some people manage to poop out their limbic systems, and have achieved a grey equanimity or partial humanness, but I doubt they bother with online forums. The people I've met seem to enjoy the feeling that they are not like the people they advise. Alone, without that dynamic, they find themselves seething in their hatred of women, for example. But in the game of kindly explaining watered-down stoicism or neo-Buddhism without to people who likely have at least as much experience as them with these approaches, they get a break from their own judgments of themselves and the world.
👍

I personally always try at least once a day to give myself permission to be human. . it's really ok to fail, human error really is without doubt.. and all that jazz. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as the old adage goes.
( clique or cliché ) it's all the same old repeated silly dance drama dharma or whatever you want to call it these days.

There are only 2 kinds of people who do not experience painful emotions: dead and psychopaths 🧛‍♀️🧛‍♂️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YHIA-96ZWg
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:32 am There are only 2 kinds of people who do not experience painful emotions: dead and psychopaths 🧛‍♀️🧛‍♂️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YHIA-96ZWg
And if we are talking about emotions, how odd for one side of the brain (for those who think that way) to decide that the limbic system is bad or should be radically controlled or certain emotions are bad (talk about judgments). We evolved or were given by some deity....emotions. And these emotions have been incredibly useful for us. Yes, we can get stuck in certain emotions or avoid other emotions by staying with one's we are comfortable with. Yes, our reactions are not always right. However they are part of how we navigate the world, including the social world. I see no reason to decide categorically at some of my natural reactions are wrong (period). Again...talk about judgment. Negative emotions often let us know something is wrong that is too subtle or complicated for the analytical mind to notice. Or, it can be things in the environment that don't suit our bodies or needs, these may be subtle long term drains or they may be short term nightmares.

One thing any totalitarian government wants to do or family tyrant is demand that we suppress negative reactions.

Because these often include insights about what we really need and how the oh so noble patriarch/matriarch/government is not so noble.

If someone wants to lop off parts of their emotional body, fine with me. But when they think everyone should do this and say or imply they are free of judgment because they 'accept' things. They haven't noticed what they are not accepting outside and inside themselves, and further they are assuming that their preferences are universal. They are likely also assuming other things also.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I hear you Iwannaplato

Personally, I've always raged against the machine that is my body. I've never shied away from yelling from the roof tops if and when anger or frustration or any other negative emotion arises in me. I've always let it all out like a maniac on steroids. I've frightened a lot of people away, sometimes being called a melodramatic sociopathic psychopathic nut case. You know that little cute pet name men have for women. :wink:

Anyways..to cut a long story short...I've always given myself permission to feel human emotion no matter how it expresses itself. And that permission is what keeps me sane in the asylum. :D ( metaphorically speaking )

It's so funny when people call me a misery guts...because I'm actually quite a nice person, well I think so anyway, I couldn't give two hoots what others think about me.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:13 am I hear you Iwannaplato

Personally, I've always raged against the machine that is my body. I've never shied away from yelling from the roof tops if and when anger or frustration or any other negative emotion arises in me. I've always let it all out like a maniac on steroids. I've frightened a lot of people away, sometimes being called a melodramatic sociopathic psychopathic nut case. You know that little cute pet name men have for women. :wink:

Anyways..to cut a long story short...I've always given myself permission to feel human emotion no matter how it expresses itself. And that permission is what keeps me sane in the asylum. :D ( metaphorically speaking )

It's so funny when people call me a misery guts...because I'm actually quite a nice person, well I think so anyway, I couldn't give two hoots what others think about me.
WEll, generally me too. I'm a guy. (If I am reading correctly you are not) But for me anger has actually been, despite being a guy, the hardest of the negative emotions for me to express. When I was a kid you had to hit me a few times before I fought. Fear and grief I express much more easily. Though that is slowly changing and I have screamed without words or with words on many an occasion. Fortunately having met a woman who is behind that all the way.
And yes,...the asylum.
It is always as if context means nothing.
If slaves in the old US south were negative, and though life had serious problems. They used judgment in simplicity's terms. They not creating their suffering. They were reacting to structures and relations outside them that cause suffering in non-dissociated human beings.

And I can hear some simplicity-ish human saying...you think you have it like the slaves did??

Well, first of all they present their 'stoicism' as if context does not matter. So, they first must admit that context plays a role. Then they need to justify how much negativity one gets to feel in reaction to different scenarios. Which is silly. YOu were abused as a child, but now you have a good job, you should have a better attitude. Really, how did you test for effect levels?

Of course other simplicity-ish humans say context doesn't matter and care not the least what any counterexample highlights.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

What really boils my piss about the New-Age - Neo Adavaita spiritual people is when they say things like…you cannot be Enlightened with that attitude…if you were properly enlightened then you wouldn’t be having or expressing negative emotions you’d be all calm despite of them.

And I’m like FUCK OFF morons, you’ve got no idea what Enlightenment is…it’s certainly not what you would like it to be in any way shape or form..Urgh! Spiritual people make me 🤮 they’re just full of BS 🤢

Cannot stand religious people either..🤮🤮🤑🤑
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 am What really boils my piss about the New-Age - Neo Adavaita spiritual people is when they say things like…you cannot be Enlightened with that attitude…if you were properly enlightened then you wouldn’t be having or expressing negative emotions you’d be all calm despite of them.
If they actually say that they are going against most traditions that include the idea of enlightenment. They don't even understand whatever authority they think they understand.

And I’m like FUCK OFF morons, you’ve got no idea what Enlightenment is…it’s certainly not what you would like it to be in any way shape or form..Urgh! Spiritual people make me 🤮 they’re just full of BS 🤢

Cannot stand religious people either..🤮🤮🤑🤑
We dont' hear much about spiritualities and religions that don't have similar judgments. But they exist.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:19 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 am What really boils my piss about the New-Age - Neo Adavaita spiritual people is when they say things like…you cannot be Enlightened with that attitude…if you were properly enlightened then you wouldn’t be having or expressing negative emotions you’d be all calm despite of them.
If they actually say that they are going against most traditions that include the idea of enlightenment. They don't even understand whatever authority they think they understand.
Someone on this very forum..a nondualist, ( not Atla) but someone else, who actually said to me in a reply post that I cannot possibly be enlightened if I was expressing negative emotions or anger, or using swears words and throwing ad hominem around like mud..towards other peoples opinions.

And I'm like wtf...that's not what Enlightement is. No person is enlightened... enlightenment is just life as it presents itself in real time ... I have come to despise religious and spirtual do-gooders, and their virtual signaling verbal passive agressive stupid egoic diatribe that comes out of their mouths...it's all crap.

Not that the people are crap...just their beliefs are crap...beliefs that seems to form their persona's which are always fake.

When people can be neutral, like a cat or a dog, then they can be quite fun to be around, just like a pet cat or dog. It's when they start flaring off their opinions with their big fat pie holes ..is when all the trouble starts.

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:19 amWe dont' hear much about spiritualities and religions that don't have similar judgments. But they exist.
Humans are judgemental because they're a mental species. They fuction through the conceptual sphere of mind. So they live in a kind of duality of opposites, which is opposition.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Someone on this very forum..a nondualist, ( not Atla) but someone else, who actually said to me in a reply post that I cannot possibly be enlightened if I was expressing negative emotions or anger, or using swears words and throwing ad hominem around like mud..towards other peoples opinions.
There's a rather deep irony and silliness in calling someone something negative or not completely positive by someone claiming to be a non-dualist. LOL. I mean, who are they talking to?
And I'm like wtf...that's not what Enlightement is. No person is enlightened... enlightenment is just life as it presents itself in real time ... I have come to despise religious and spirtual do-gooders, and their virtual signaling verbal passive agressive stupid egoic diatribe that comes out of their mouths...it's all crap.
My take for what it's worth is that one can achieve states, though few do, where they don't feel anger and fear. What they consider negative. But that's like cutting off my arms and being prouder of what is left than what I was before.
Not that the people are crap...just their beliefs are crap...beliefs that seems to form their persona's which are always fake.
And it's really easy online to float around representing paths or states that one may very well likely not understand or have at all.
When people can be neutral, like a cat or a dog, then they can be quite fun to be around, just like a pet cat or dog. It's when they start flaring off their opinions with their big fat pie holes ..is when all the trouble starts.
It does sound like you flare off your opinions also. As do I. I think we have a problem with somenone who is, on some level, telling us not to judge and react negatively, when in fact they are, precisely in that act
judging and reacting negatively. Even if they are sitting in a perfect lotus with a chubby Buddhist smile.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:44 amMy take for what it's worth is that one can achieve states, though few do, where they don't feel anger and fear. What they consider negative. But that's like cutting off my arms and being prouder of what is left than what I was before.
I have no problem with being human. But pretending not to be human by thinking there is some place where there's just perfect peace and tranquility called enlightenment is delusional.

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:44 amIt does sound like you flare off your opinions also. As do I. I think we have a problem with somenone who is, on some level, telling us not to judge and react negatively, when in fact they are, precisely in that act
judging and reacting negatively. Even if they are sitting in a perfect lotus with a chubby Buddhist smile.
I agree..thank you. That's my point too.

I'm not going to change the way I am just to pacify and gain approval of some Buddha authority figure. That's all of us, and the human too.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

You guys should get a room.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:32 pm
Well that's just a typical cliché knee jerk reaction that someone like you would say, isn't it...aww, is no one agreeing with you, aw poor you.

...god fucking forbid if two people can actually agree with each other on something...oh my god, we agree on a subject, quick lets get a room together where we can fuck each others brains out.

My god you are so clueless aren't you ..simple...so immature, truth is your just another brainwashed bimbo that has not grown a frontal lobe.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

We've got one. YOu made by being a certain kind of hypocrite in this thread. That created a space where we could find some agreement about this kind of pattern. The condescending guru or 'guru' type who says he has no judgment when it turns out (or has already turned out) that they are filled with judgment. So, there was this thread, a kind of digital space, or room, where dontaskme and I met. And had, within easy reach the hilariously contradictory posts by one person.

Often the kind of dynamic you present can even take years to manifest openly. Or it can come down to voice tone and implication.

Here it was right out in the open. Which is lovely.

I certainly hope you learn something from having the obvious pointed out. But that's not necessary for anyone else to make use of the room you created.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:53 am
We've got one. YOu made by being a certain kind of hypocrite in this thread. That created a space where we could find some agreement about this kind of pattern. The condescending guru or 'guru' type who says he has no judgment when it turns out (or has already turned out) that they are filled with judgment. So, there was this thread, a kind of digital space, or room, where dontaskme and I met. And had, within easy reach the hilariously contradictory posts by one person.

Often the kind of dynamic you present can even take years to manifest openly. Or it can come down to voice tone and implication.

Here it was right out in the open. Which is lovely.

I certainly hope you learn something from having the obvious pointed out. But that's not necessary for anyone else to make use of the room you created.
👍 touché to that!

And on that note: I dedicate this song to Simplicity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4cioGs98
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »