Black Widows

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

simplicity

Black Widows

Post by simplicity »

All are familiar with the mating habits of Black Widow Spiders...they kill their partner after the male has performed up to expectations. I would like to suggest that it appears as if human females in Western culture are doing much the same, although instead of killing their mates, they divorce them [more of a spiritual and financial demise]. Of the approx. 50% Western divorce rate, 80% of these are initiated by women. Here's my theory...

Although life as we know it has made spectacular advances in the past century, we must keep in mind that the good and the bad are in lockstep. The freedom that women have sought [and captured] has had some alarming sequellae. Paramount among these unintended consequences has been the utter destruction of the family. Her financial independence and lack of the need for a male partner [except for reproduction (and maybe taking out the trash:)] has created an environment where women appear to see life quite differently than before...that their mate is disposable. Add this to the number of children being brought into the world outside of wedlock and you have a complete social catastrophe.

The moral of the story is when the family is no longer the priority of your society, said society has begun its clockwise rotation down the drain. If you have decided to have a family, both husband and wife need to commit to something besides their own happiness [which they will never find anyway]. Adult life is about bearing up to great responsibility and not continuing one's adolescence into their forties [and beyond].

It's time for parents to once again give a shit about their kids, and that means getting involved in their lives in a personal way. It means taking the fucking phone out of your two year old's hands and playing with your child. It means putting your own life on hold while you do what parents did for their kids for the past 100 generations...SACRIFICE.

Grow the fuck up people. Stop wasting your money on things you cannot afford and spend time with your children. Maybe then your kids will make a better life of it then what you people are doing...
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Black Widows

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You really are a simpleton aren't you? Perhaps women don't have to put up with so much shit from men any more? Perhaps they don't want to have to beg their 'hubby' for money any more?
Your vomit is so convoluted it's difficult to respond to. So women are responsible for technological advances too? Women have always brought up children on their own. The so-called 'nuclear family' only existed in one tiny pocket of history, in a few countries, and women STILL brought up their children alone--their husbands were too busy out having affairs to take much notice of their children.
Kindly go shove your misogynistic shit up your ARSE.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:44 pm You really are a simpleton aren't you? Perhaps women don't have to put up with so much shit from men any more? Perhaps they don't want to have to beg their 'hubby' for money any more?
Your vomit is so convoluted it's difficult to respond to. So women are responsible for technological advances too? Women have always brought up children on their own. The so-called 'nuclear family' only existed in one tiny pocket of history, in a few countries, and women STILL brought up their children alone--their husbands were too busy out having affairs to take much notice of their children.
Kindly go shove your misogynistic shit up your ARSE.
Thank you for continuing your insightful analyses of my posts. Although you are certainly no cup of tea, no need to be so self-loathing.

Have you ever considered meat [that way you can have your pudding]?
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

I don't think women actually see their partners as "disposable," I think they see that life has a lot more to offer them these days than just the wife/mother role. Why should a woman settle for this stereotypical way of being? We live in a society that has a lot to offer and what a woman may want to settle for when she's 25 may not be the same as when she's 35. The same goes for men. The difference being though that I don't think men have changed much, unlike women who hopefully now have all the freedom of a man. My advice for any male who doesn't want to be disposed of by his "black widow" is to allow her to have all the freedom she wants. Let her have her cake and eat it, disposing of her mate may then be deemed quite unnecessary.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Veganman wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:34 pm I don't think women actually see their partners as "disposable," I think they see that life has a lot more to offer them these days than just the wife/mother role. Why should a woman settle for this stereotypical way of being? We live in a society that has a lot to offer and what a woman may want to settle for when she's 25 may not be the same as when she's 35. The same goes for men. The difference being though that I don't think men have changed much, unlike women who hopefully now have all the freedom of a man. My advice for any male who doesn't want to be disposed of by his "black widow" is to allow her to have all the freedom she wants. Let her have her cake and eat it, disposing of her mate may then be deemed quite unnecessary.
With incredible advances [in nutrition, health, education potential, etc] and advantages, look at Western kids today. A complete mess [not all, but an alarming percentage with all kinds of issues]. Fragile, fearful zombies addicted to their phones.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but believing corporate America's meme that adult life is about continuing to be a child is NOT correct. Being an adult is about taking on responsibility and doing your best [not only for yourself, but more importantly, for your children]. This incredible self-centeredness is wholly destructive [particularly to the adult who cannot understand why happiness is so elusive when they are continuing to act like a ten year old in their 40's].

Life is not about settling. If you choose to have a family and take on the greatest of responsibilities [raising children], that's a great deal right there. You want your cake and eat it too, you will have neither. It's time to stop watching commercials and [instead] to open up some books to educate yourselves on life...to provoke some personal growth so you can break out of this narcissistic sprint to the bottom. Your kids are being trashed.

And allowing anybody to have, "whatever they want," ends poorly [every time].
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Why have children? I mean, what's the point, the world is populated enough as it is and if you like children in the first place why the hell would you want to bring them into a world such as this? Personally I think you should just enjoy the life you didn't ask for, rather than be encumbered by children who will, in all probability, spend their lives struggling in a fucked up world of their parents and grandparents making. Seems totally illogical to me!
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Veganman wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:12 pm Why have children? I mean, what's the point, the world is populated enough as it is and if you like children in the first place why the hell would you want to bring them into a world such as this? Personally I think you should just enjoy the life you didn't ask for, rather than be encumbered by children who will, in all probability, spend their lives struggling in a fucked up world of their parents and grandparents making. Seems totally illogical to me!
I completely agree [that with your outlook] you should not have children. Although I get what's going on now, perhaps you should study history and then you will understand how good you have it compared to generations you have followed. Only a hundred + years ago, life was BRUTAL for EVERYBODY. You live like a king in comparison, so stop your whining. Instead, perhaps you should ask yourself why people in the past had kids!

Many young people who are of traditional child-baring years are nothing more than adult-children. Of course you don't want to have kids. Why would a kid want to have a kid? Children desire ZERO responsibility [which is why this generation cannot grow-up]. Living an adult life means accepting all kinds of responsibility and sacrifice. It means putting your own interests aside. This is where you learn the most in life.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Only a hundred years ago life was not "Brutal" for everyone, it was brutal for the poor, and it still is, but in a relative sense; not an abject one. As for living a responsible and selfless life, a person doesn't need children to do that. And, if I'm to ask why people had children years ago when life was so "Brutal" it could be that they knew they wouldn't be getting a pension so they took responsibility for their old age by having children to look after them. You could also say that in a world of a couple of billion and no global warming, having children may be a reasonable thing to do, but in a world of eight billion, soaring climate change, a shortage of food and before long a shortage of water, it's a fkg stupid, selfish and totally irresponsible thing to do.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Veganman wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:53 pm Only a hundred years ago life was not "Brutal" for everyone, it was brutal for the poor, and it still is, but in a relative sense; not an abject one. As for living a responsible and selfless life, a person doesn't need children to do that. And, if I'm to ask why people had children years ago when life was so "Brutal" it could be that they knew they wouldn't be getting a pension so they took responsibility for their old age by having children to look after them. You could also say that in a world of a couple of billion and no global warming, having children may be a reasonable thing to do, but in a world of eight billion, soaring climate change, a shortage of food and before long a shortage of water, it's a fkg stupid, selfish and totally irresponsible thing to do.
Again, you need to learn about how things were not so very long ago. Before antibiotics and seriously efficient sanitation systems. Simply having a child was a great adventure [and often not a successful one]. Work was MUCH more difficult for the vast majority. There were few conveniences.

The average poor person today has it 100x's better than just a few generations ago. Again, read about life in the 19th century. Even the very wealthy were subject to health maladies we never bother ourselves with, e.g., simple infections getting out of control, TB, Polio, syphilis, just to name a few. Look at life expectancy in the 19th century [under 40]. https://www.statista.com/statistics/104 ... -all-time/

Nobody is telling you what to do. It's your life, so do as you please. I am speaking to what is happening to Western society, not you.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Men are starting to realize its a really bad deal for them as well, so, what's the future to hold, maybe the state should raise the babies, factory farming ---lol!! A frightening mess!!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:40 pm
Grow the fuck up people. Stop wasting your money on things you cannot afford and spend time with your children. Maybe then your kids will make a better life of it then what you people are doing...
Most people have children out of their own selfish desires, needs and wants. They hardly ever consider the fact that their children might NOT like existing. So yeah, lets talk about the thoughtless selfishness of adult neediness, lets be really grown up about why we want children at all...when statistically, most children who are born have to suffer the same generational child abuse that their parents did...The manipulation and molestation ..knows no end.

simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:20 pm
simplicity wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:40 pm
Most people have children out of their own selfish desires, needs and wants. They hardly ever consider the fact that their children might NOT like existing. So yeah, lets talk about the thoughtless selfishness of adult neediness, lets be really grown up about why we want children at all...when statistically, most children who are born have to suffer the same generational child abuse that their parents did...The manipulation and molestation ..knows no end.

This is a great example of why children should NOT have children.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:25 pm This is a great example of why children should NOT have children.
And this is a great example why children should NEVER have parents like you.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:32 pm
simplicity wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:25 pm This is a great example of why children should NOT have children.
And this is a great example why children should NEVER have parents like you.
Great come-back.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:18 pm Great come-back.
There is nothing, zero, zilch, to accomplish HERE. Nothing to do and nowhere to go and nothing to achieve.