EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: EXCEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:56 am If Saunders, just kept to addressing the issues of what he thought about the qualities of the various governments he would have not created any violations of logic. That it was the Russians who defeated the monster Nazi war machine is just a matter of recorded history, ask any historian worth his salt and this would be verified. The Russians paid a heavy price in doing so, where America and Britain lost about half a million souls in that war each, the Russians lost twenty-seven million. Americans are notorious for distorting history, this is where their sense of exceptionalism is created. The creation of fictions in creating a new future of self-congratulations/exceptionalism, and today you have Republician Fascism tearing the country apart.
I still say I'd rather live in the US than were I given the choice of living in the Soviet Union. People from all over the world come here to live better lives and they more often than not end up living better lives than what they had. That seems reasonably exceptional to me.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am
popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:56 am If Saunders, just kept to addressing the issues of what he thought about the qualities of the various governments he would have not created any violations of logic. That it was the Russians who defeated the monster Nazi war machine is just a matter of recorded history, ask any historian worth his salt and this would be verified. The Russians paid a heavy price in doing so, where America and Britain lost about half a million souls in that war each, the Russians lost twenty-seven million. Americans are notorious for distorting history, this is where their sense of exceptionalism is created. The creation of fictions in creating a new future of self-congratulations/exceptionalism, and today you have Republician Fascism tearing the country apart.
I still say I'd rather live in the US than were I given the choice of living in the Soviet Union. People from all over the world come here to live better lives and they more often than not end up living better lives than what they had. That seems reasonably exceptional to me.
That wasn't the issue. People come to America for affluence not because its people are better.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:15 am
That wasn't the issue. People come to America for affluence not because its people are better.
Exactly. Where else in the world do people come to live a good life. To me that says we're doing something right.
Sculptor

Re: EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:16 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:20 pm

Stalin's Soviet Union was equally as barbaric as Germany.
More AMerican exceptionalism. GI's raped their way across Europe just like any other army.
It's called war.
And Stalin was fine with helping Hitler invade Poland.
They were Allies at the time. And at the same time the US refused to join the war, refusing to help France,and Belgium until Hitler made up their mind for them.
True, the strategy of the Western Allies was to allow Hitler and Stalin to beat each other to pieces for a while instead of taking on Hitler in what would have been an extremely costly full frontal assault.
A frontal assult that Russia paid for. What AMericans cannot understand is the impact of real war. Germany exterminated 6 million Russian civilians; they ahd a right to be brutal in return.
Wheras the US did not a get a single bomb dropped on them.
It's pointless discussing something when you only have one side of it.
The Western Allied leaders were thankfully a bit more cautious than that.
Fuck off. They lacked the will to win.
Would you prefer that our military planners had thrown our grandfathers' generation into a meat grinder in order to quickly defeat Germany at all costs? Was it not enough that those in the merchant marines, RAF, or US Army Air Corps, paid a dear price in destroying German industry and in getting lend-lease products to the Soviets? As I understand it, the Soviets may not have won at Kursk had it not been for the many Western Allied pilots and merchant marines who paid a dear price while bombing German industrial centers or getting the Soviets desperately needed material to help them prosecute the war. The Soviets didn't do it single-handedly.

And we wouldn't have been in a war in the Pacific had the US not stood up against Japan's invasion of China with embargos; prompting Japan to invade the DEI in an attempt to get oil to keep their war machine going.

I mean, if you all want to be fans of the Soviet Union, then you might want to consider what our lives would be like today if the US were or had been anything like the Soviet Union or had the Soviet philosophy prevailed in history. It seems to me that lauding the Soviet Union makes about as much sense as lauding Nazi Germany. Be thankful we live in relatively free societies. And be thankful that our grandfathers survived the 1940s long enough to have our parents.
You are the perfect example of exceptionalism.
Run along now.
If you think the Western Allies were wrong not to throw our people against a meatgrinder to save Stalin, then, by all means, feel free to lead the charge if it ever happens again.
No what is risible is that you position it as the West being smarter than Russia, when in fact Russia was actully in the thick of it making all the sacrifices with the promised help from Churchil not coming.
So, bet the fuck off you moral high horse.
The post is about exceptionalism, you exemplify it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:58 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:16 pm More AMerican exceptionalism. GI's raped their way across Europe just like any other army.
It's called war.
I'm not talking about the way ordinary soldiers behaved, I'm talking about Stalin's regime and all the purges and concentration camps. Stalin killed a lot of his own people himself.
What's you point?

They were Allies at the time. And at the same time the US refused to join the war, refusing to help France,and Belgium until Hitler made up their mind for them.
Well, it really wasn't our war until Hitler declared it against us. But we did as much as we could against him with lend-lease and other programs during our neutrality.
WHoopse - di you fall off your horse?
What AMericans cannot understand is the impact of real war. Germany exterminated 6 million Russian civilians; they had a right to be brutal in return.
Wheras the US did not a get a single bomb dropped on them.
It's pointless discussing something when you only have one side of it.
Yes, it's pointless when all you do is look at one side of the equation. I agree. Stalin proceeded to enslave all of Eastern Europe after the war. Just be glad he didn't make it into your part of town.
And the US has don emuch the same the world over making war on democracy.
Fuck off. They lacked the will to win.
If they lacked the will to win, what do you think they were doing fighting all that time? Just having fun?
THat's it mostly having fun and playing victim.
Of course, they wanted to win. What they didn't want was to commit mass suicide with our troops. Heck, even in the battles we did win against the Germans Allied casualties usually outnumbered theirs. The Germans were a formidable force.
You are the perfect example of exceptionalism.
Run along now.
And you're bonkers.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

[/quote]

Exactly. Where else in the world do people come to live a good life. To me that says we're doing something right.
[/quote]

Gary,

You are part of the reason America is so dangerous to the global community, this tendency can be thwarted by simply listening to the global community. Most German's in the late thirties early forties felt the same way about Nazi Germany as you do presently do about the all virtuous American apple pie. It is the most common of all traits for a given population to simply buy into the state propoganda without checking anything out for themselves. Reading some history would be most helpful here as well.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I'm not sure why the two of you have so much ill will toward your ally. I guess if we were your enemy you'd love us as much as you do the Russians? Poor Russians, threatening Ukraine. I guess they're just misunderstood.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Try looking beyond what you think is obvious. If one is exposed to little or limited information, it limits one's abilities to see the big picture. My country right or wrong is not a healthy perspective. If you do not have time to be informed that is understandable, I can identify. Information makes all the difference.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:40 am I'm not sure why the two of you have so much ill will toward your ally. I guess if we were your enemy you'd love us as much as you do the Russians? Poor Russians, threatening Ukraine. I guess they're just misunderstood.
What IS MORE True is that if you grew up in a so-called "muslim" country, or in "russia", then you WOULD LOVE 'them', and call "them" "your ally", while classing the one you LOVE now as "your ENEMY".

By the way, do you KNOW WHY 'you', adult human beings, in the day and age when this was being written, formed "allies" AND "enemies"?

If NOT YET, then when you do, you will almost immediately RECOGNIZE and SEE the ABSOLUTE ABSURDITY of it ALL.

Also, being ABLE TO LOOK AT 'critically' one's own so-called "side", which NOT enough of 'you', adult human beings, are Truly CAPABLE of doing, in the days when this is being written, is NOT just having "so much", so-called, "ill will towards", but just being ABLE TO LOOK AT 'things' far MORE Honestly.

What you said above just SHOWS how SHALLOW, NARROWED, and/or CLOSED some of people REALLY WERE when 'trying to' LOOK AT 'things', properly, correctly, and Honestly.

Post by Age »

I still say I'd rather live in the US than were I given the choice of living in the Soviet Union.

WHY?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am People from all over the world come here to live better lives
What, EXACTLY, is the 'better life' there?

And, let us NOT FORGET that moving from PURE HELL to ANOTHER HELL, which is just a BIT BETTER, is still moving to 'live a better life', correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am and they more often than not end up living better lives than what they had.
HOW and WHY?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am That seems reasonably exceptional to me.

Post by Age »

That very last bit could NOT be MORE True.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:46 am

Where else?

To ANY of the VERY MANY OTHER places on earth.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am I still say I'd rather live in the US than were I given the choice of living in the Soviet Union. People from all over the world come here to live better lives and they more often than not end up living better lives than what they had. That seems reasonably exceptional to me.
Talk about missing the point. Of course people come to America for affluence, because it is affluence that makes it possible for them to live better lives. Wealth is freedom. Poverty is slavery and squalor. Do you prefer the latter?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:36 am Furthermore, what is ACTUALLY and IRREFUTABLY 'good' is having;

...Empathy ...
The whole idea of empathy, and all the other lying sentimental concepts, is to put over lies by appealing to the feelings and emotions to bypass reason. There is hardly a more dangerous or harmful concept.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:46 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am I still say I'd rather live in the US than were I given the choice of living in the Soviet Union. People from all over the world come here to live better lives and they more often than not end up living better lives than what they had. That seems reasonably exceptional to me.
Talk about missing the point. Of course people come to America for affluence, because it is affluence that makes it possible for them to live better lives. Wealth is freedom. Poverty is slavery and squalor. Do you prefer the latter?
Some are MUCH RICHER, and FREER, in what 'you' call "poverty" than they are in what 'you' call "wealth".

Living so-called "better lives" in affluence or monetary wealth is NOT necessarily 'better' AT ALL. This is, however, no doubt at all that 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, live with the ILLUSION that 'money', or 'affluence', equals 'better'.

But the IRREFUTABLE and REAL Fact IS, 'you', human beings, do NOT 'need' money to live. So, the thought, or BELIEF, that 'affluence', or 'money', makes for a 'better life' is, literally, just a DECEPTION, which 'you' TELL "yourselves" and what has lead to 'this' ILLUSION that you live in and with.

Now, if ANY one wants to 'try to' argue AGAINST this, then PLEASE go on ahead.