EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:36 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:17 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:24 pm

I think RC Saunders' point may be something along the lines of how a person who is detached from practical reality can sometimes begin to drift in their thoughts toward absurd ideas.
Hi Gary,
could you expand upon your idea, how is RC's ad hominem justifiable in any way?
I think it's justifiable to the extent that, although (from what I have gleaned off his posts) RC Saunders believes that the US has a long way to go before reaching any kind of ideal state of affairs, we are at least in a far better state of affairs than people in the Soviet Union were in.
What do you mean by, "were in"?

How long ago are you talking about, and, is it truly reasonable to compare what happens at 'now' in one country to what happened 'back then' in another country?

But, if you were actually referring to both countries at the same moment of 'now', then how exactly are the people in the "united states of america" in an alleged "better state of affairs" than the people in the "soviet union" are?
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:36 pm As far as being an "ad hominem", it appears to me that RC was asking a question, not making an assertion about you.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:49 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:36 am Furthermore, what is ACTUALLY and IRREFUTABLY 'good' is having;

...Empathy ...
The whole idea of empathy, and all the other lying sentimental concepts, is to put over lies by appealing to the feelings and emotions to bypass reason. There is hardly a more dangerous or harmful concept.
LOL "lying sentimental concepts".

Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of one using their OWN definition and meaning of a word, BEFORE actually doing ANY CLARIFYING, with "others" AT ALL. Which, to some, describes a 'having a lack of empathy' PERFECTLY.

Anyway, what EXACTLY does the word 'empathy' even mean or refer to, to 'you' "rcsaunders"?
RCSaunders

Re: EXCEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:23 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:46 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:15 am

That wasn't the issue. People come to America for affluence not because its people are better.
Talk about missing the point. Of course people come to America for affluence, because it is affluence that makes it possible for them to live better lives. Wealth is freedom. Poverty is slavery and squalor. Do you prefer the latter?
Some are MUCH RICHER, and FREER, in what 'you' call "poverty" than they are in what 'you' call "wealth".
More than half the world lives in squalor and seem to enjoy it. If that's your thing, than you many continue to grovel in it with my blessing.

I'm only interested in those who want something more than mere existence like maggots and earth worms.[/quote]
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:33 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:36 am Furthermore, what is ACTUALLY and IRREFUTABLY 'good' is having;

...Empathy ...
The whole idea of empathy, and all the other lying sentimental concepts, is to put over lies by appealing to the feelings and emotions to bypass reason. There is hardly a more dangerous or harmful concept.

Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of one using their OWN definition and meaning of a word, BEFORE actually doing ANY CLARIFYING, with "others" AT ALL. Which, to some, describes a 'having a lack of empathy' PERFECTLY.

Anyway, what EXACTLY does the word 'empathy' even mean or refer to, to 'you' "rcsaunders"?
Well, if you bothered to go to the link you would find my whole article explaining exactly what, empathy, and all those other lying concepts mean.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:40 pm I think the point is that history for many of us has been distorted to make us believe that the United States was the main agent in defeating the monster Nazi war machine. Just as today's government distorts reality and then the history of their actions regarding Vietnam. The psychopathic powers of the elite in the states has turned the United States into a global crime family. it's crimes are against humanity. If you are American please, listen to what the world thinks, not just your government.
But part of the regime of the 'global crime family', also known as "usa", is that the media, itself, has also been so demoralized and made to think and believe a certain way, that they, themselves, do NOT listen to what the 'world' thinks, and ONLY listen to what 'they' (the "usa" thinks), and then ONLY "report" that, self-interest and self-made, news, and coverage. That 'global crime family's' so-called "news" nearly always only 'covers' ITSELF.

The 'coverage area' of the "usa's media" is, on most occasions, especially very recently, in the days when this was being written, only 'covered' itself, with the so-called "news story" that 'its' OWN 'news' is the true and right one and ALL the other "news stories" are the FAKE ones.

The way the regime of that 'global crime family' operates is a PRIME EXAMPLE of 'propaganda', at its best. And, a lot within that 'family' are just to BLIND and DEAF to SEE and HEAR this Truth. This is NOT necessarily a fault of the people, themselves, because as they were growing up they were being BLINDED and DEAFENED by the 'propaganda machine' and so now 'know NO better'. They, after all, have usually only been fed ONE story ONLY, which most have come to BELIEVE is the ONLY truth. This being; "america is great", or, "america is the best", and "their "side" of that 'global family news source' is the true and right one'. Which, from an outsider's perspective, is just about one of the most humorous and laughable things to observe and witness 'you', human beings, do.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:20 pm Tell me though how you cannot see Saunders statements as ad hominem?
I don't think an argument would be ad hominem if it were true that the personal attributes of the arguer played a role in their argument. For example, X says, "ugliness is a virtue." X says that because X is ugly. Ugliness being a virtue doesn't seem like a very good state of affairs and yet there's really no solid logical argument I can think of to dispute or else prove the statement. It's a matter of opinion. Yet, I personally wouldn't favor ugliness over beauty. So if someone were to say that ugliness is a virtue, then I might suspect that they are saying that because they perceive themselves to be on the beneficial end of the argument. Under that circumstance, I don't think me saying "X is ugly" would be ad hominem.

I could sort of see RC Saunders possibly intending to make a similar point about someone who would think that it's important to laud the Soviet Union for victory in WW2. The Soviet Union seems like it was a horrible government, at least compared to Roosevelt's or Churchill's governments.
That SEEMS LIKE a 'horrible government', TO YOU, because YOU were brought up in and under a ONE-SIDED 'propaganda machine'.

Now, just IMAGINE you were born into and grew up in that 'other' government. Would you be SEEING 'the world' the EXACT SAME way now, with the EXACT SAME 'eyes', as some might say?
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 pm However, to a person who doesn't do anything productive in society, communism might seem like a wonderful thing because it might be perceived by that person that it would make him or her on par with those who are productive. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am
popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:56 am If Saunders, just kept to addressing the issues of what he thought about the qualities of the various governments he would have not created any violations of logic. That it was the Russians who defeated the monster Nazi war machine is just a matter of recorded history, ask any historian worth his salt and this would be verified. The Russians paid a heavy price in doing so, where America and Britain lost about half a million souls in that war each, the Russians lost twenty-seven million. Americans are notorious for distorting history, this is where their sense of exceptionalism is created. The creation of fictions in creating a new future of self-congratulations/exceptionalism, and today you have Republician Fascism tearing the country apart.
I still say I'd rather live in the US than were I given the choice of living in the Soviet Union.
Are you saying this from a Truly OPEN perspective, or from the perspective of one who has 'grown up' the way they have?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 am People from all over the world come here to live better lives and they more often than not end up living better lives than what they had. That seems reasonably exceptional to me.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:08 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:16 pm
More AMerican exceptionalism. GI's raped their way across Europe just like any other army.
It's called war.

They were Allies at the time. And at the same time the US refused to join the war, refusing to help France,and Belgium until Hitler made up their mind for them.

A frontal assult that Russia paid for. What AMericans cannot understand is the impact of real war. Germany exterminated 6 million Russian civilians; they ahd a right to be brutal in return.
Wheras the US did not a get a single bomb dropped on them.
It's pointless discussing something when you only have one side of it.

Fuck off. They lacked the will to win.

You are the perfect example of exceptionalism.
Run along now.
If you think the Western Allies were wrong not to throw our people against a meatgrinder to save Stalin, then, by all means, feel free to lead the charge if it ever happens again.
No what is risible is that you position it as the West being smarter than Russia, when in fact Russia was actully in the thick of it making all the sacrifices with the promised help from Churchil not coming.
So, bet the fuck off you moral high horse.
The post is about exceptionalism, you exemplify it.
What "gary childress" is saying here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of one who is just expressing the ONLY story that they have been told and FED.

They, literally, do NOT know ANY better.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:40 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:23 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:46 pm
Talk about missing the point. Of course people come to America for affluence, because it is affluence that makes it possible for them to live better lives. Wealth is freedom. Poverty is slavery and squalor. Do you prefer the latter?
Some are MUCH RICHER, and FREER, in what 'you' call "poverty" than they are in what 'you' call "wealth".
More than half the world lives in squalor and seem to enjoy it. If that's your thing, than you many continue to grovel in it with my blessing.
LOL 'you' ARE a JOKE "rcsaunders".

WHY would you even BEGIN to ASSUME such a 'thing' as ABSURD, RIDICULOUS, and LUDICROUS as this?

'you' REALLY ARE a VERY CLOSED 'individual'.

But KEEP ASSUMING and BELIEVING what 'you' DO. 'you' are PROVING my POINT IRREFUTABLY True, Right, AND Correct.
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:40 pm I'm only interested in those who want something more than mere existence like maggots and earth worms.
[/quote]

And, these words of YOURS create a SHINING LIGHT on who and what 'you' Truly ARE. That is; one with a JUDGMENTAL, HIGH-and-MIGHTY, and CONDESCENDING attitude.

Are you even remotely AWARE that it is 'you' who is coming across as the "maggot" here?

Who you are ONLY interested in is of absolutely NO concern NOR care of 'ours' AT ALL here.

If YOUR WORDS are REASONABLE and MAKE SENSE is ALL that Truly matters here.

I LET YOUR OWN WORDS speak for themselves. I just SHOW and HIGHLIGHT what 'you' are TRULY SAYING.

So, continue.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:46 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:33 pm

Well, if you bothered to go to the link you would find my whole article explaining exactly what, empathy, and all those other lying concepts mean.
Do you KNOW what a 'dictionary' IS?

If yes, do you KNOW that do NOT take pages and pages to write a DEFINITION or a MEANING for A word?

If no, then you MIGHT NOW.

So, when I ask 'you', ' What, EXACTLY, does the word 'empathy' mean or refer to, to 'you'? ' What I am LOOKING FOR is an EXPLANATION in as FEW WORDS as POSSIBLE. Is this UNDERSTOOD, by 'you' "rcsaunders"?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

But part of the regime of the 'global crime family', also known as "usa", is that the media, itself, has also been so demoralized and made to think and believe a certain way, that they, themselves, do NOT listen to what the 'world' thinks, and ONLY listen to what 'they' (the "usa" thinks), and then ONLY "report" that, self-interest and self-made, news, and coverage. That 'global crime family's' so-called "news" nearly always only 'covers' ITSELF.
The 'coverage area' of the "usa's media" is, on most occasions, especially very recently, in the days when this was being written, only 'covered' itself, with the so-called "news story" that 'its' OWN 'news' is the true and right one and ALL the other "news stories" are the FAKE ones.

The way the regime of that 'global crime family' operates is a PRIME EXAMPLE of 'propaganda', at its best. And, a lot within that 'family' are just to BLIND and DEAF to SEE and HEAR this Truth. This is NOT necessarily a fault of the people, themselves, because as they were growing up they were being BLINDED and DEAFENED by the 'propaganda machine' and so now 'know NO better'. They, after all, have usually only been fed ONE story ONLY, which most have come to BELIEVE is the ONLY truth. This being; "america is great", or, "america is the best", and "their "side" of that 'global family news source' is the true and right one'. Which, from an outsider's perspective, is just about one of the most humorous and laughable things to observe and witness 'you', human beings, do.
[/quote]

Age,
Wow, I find it quite believable, this sets the stage, not unlike prewar Germany, any recommended readings on this? Any thing by Kris Hedges dealing with this?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:08 am But part of the regime of the 'global crime family', also known as "usa", is that the media, itself, has also been so demoralized and made to think and believe a certain way, that they, themselves, do NOT listen to what the 'world' thinks, and ONLY listen to what 'they' (the "usa" thinks), and then ONLY "report" that, self-interest and self-made, news, and coverage. That 'global crime family's' so-called "news" nearly always only 'covers' ITSELF.

Age,
Wow, I find it quite believable, this sets the stage, not unlike prewar Germany, any recommended readings on this? Any thing by Kris Hedges dealing with this?
[/quote]

Are you talking to yourself now AGE?
:lol: :lol:

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:08 am

Age,
Wow, I find it quite believable, this sets the stage, not unlike prewar Germany, any recommended readings on this?
None that i know of.
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:08 am Any thing by Kris Hedges dealing with this?
I do not know.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:57 am
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:08 am

Age,
What are you referring to, EXACTLY?

Can you NOT SEE who wrote 'what', EXACTLY, here, but which was just (obviously?) misquoted?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:57 am
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:08 am But part of the regime of the 'global crime family', also known as "usa", is that the media, itself, has also been so demoralized and made to think and believe a certain way, that they, themselves, do NOT listen to what the 'world' thinks, and ONLY listen to what 'they' (the "usa" thinks), and then ONLY "report" that, self-interest and self-made, news, and coverage. That 'global crime family's' so-called "news" nearly always only 'covers' ITSELF.

Age,
[/quote]

I believe the problem is with Popeye's erratic quoting.