EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by popeye1945 »

Exceptionalism is the seed of fascism. Its traditional self-congratulations for being the best has led in the past to those submerged within it, to a relinquishing of their humanity. Nazi Germany, Japan, Italy, and arguably present-day America are prime examples. One way of conditioning the public that it is superior to other people in other nations is the distortion of history, selective propogranda and creation of the future out of fantasy or mythology. When mythology is believed, it becomes religion and exceptionalism has become America's religion. The world stood in awe at the Nazi monster war machine, unstoppable it seemed. The Russians however crushed that monster war machine and chased the Germans across Europe all the way back to Berlin, costing the lives of twenty-seven million Russians, were they given their due or great respect---you know the answer is no!

Why, the national ego. I grew up thinking that America was the main agent of the victory over Nazi Germany, it wasn't until later years when I had the leisure time to study a little history that the truth was revealed to me. America is an empire, it really is absurd to deny it, but that does not stop the ignorant, which is most of the population, it's not an accident, the population is being played like a violin. An ignorant population is easier to control than an intelligently informed one. America has not been a kind master and much of the population in their exceptionalism mistakes fear for respect.

Moderators-- please transfer to political philosophy.
Belinda

Re: EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by Belinda »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:06 pm Exceptionalism is the seed of fascism. Its traditional self-congratulations for being the best has led in the past to those submerged within it, to a relinquishing of their humanity. Nazi Germany, Japan, Italy, and arguably present-day America are prime examples. One way of conditioning the public that it is superior to other people in other nations is the distortion of history, selective propogranda and creation of the future out of fantasy or mythology. When mythology is believed, it becomes religion and exceptionalism has become America's religion. The world stood in awe at the Nazi monster war machine, unstoppable it seemed. The Russians however crushed that monster war machine and chased the Germans across Europe all the way back to Berlin, costing the lives of twenty-seven million Russians, were they given their due or great respect---you know the answer is no!

Why, the national ego. I grew up thinking that America was the main agent of the victory over Nazi Germany, it wasn't until later years when I had the leisure time to study a little history that the truth was revealed to me. America is an empire, it really is absurd to deny it, but that does not stop the ignorant, which is most of the population, it's not an accident, the population is being played like a violin. An ignorant population is easier to control than an intelligently informed one. America has not been a kind master and much of the population in their exceptionalism mistakes fear for respect.

That is all true. Climate change and degradation of environments are increasing and the human response will be to save ourselves if we can. That response is of course fearful, and will result in fascist rationalisations via myths invented for the purpose.
Already we see how the Christian myth has been distorted to agree with established authoritiy.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

"That is all true. Climate change and degradation of environments are increasing and the human response will be to save ourselves if we can. That response is of course fearful, and will result in fascist rationalisations via myths invented for the purpose.
Already we see how the Christian myth has been distorted to agree with established authoritiy.
[/quote]

Belinda,

I find that as is traditional with the Christian myth it supports the vile adventures of global economical colonization, always on the side of the oppressor, according to the oppressors. Nevertheless, it is a distraction from what is most vital, global survival. I however do not believe this is foremost in the mind of the psychopaths pulling the strings of government in the United States, if it were I would feel some sense of relief in knowning we are turning away from this suicidal heading. I believe the empire of the United States is in decline, but it isn't going to be a pretty process and all the while it is DISTRACTION from the most vital interests of the planet.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:58 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:55 pm "That is all true. Climate change and degradation of environments are increasing and the human response will be to save ourselves if we can. That response is of course fearful, and will result in fascist rationalisations via myths invented for the purpose.
Belinda,

I find that as is traditional with the Christian myth it supports the vile adventures of global economical colonization, always on the side of the oppressor, according to the oppressors. Nevertheless, it is a distraction from what is most vital, global survival. I however do not believe this is foremost in the mind of the psychopaths pulling the strings of government in the United States, if it were I would feel some sense of relief in knowning we are turning away from this suicidal heading. I believe the empire of the United States is in decline, but it isn't going to be a pretty process and all the while it is DISTRACTION from the most vital interests of the planet.
Just out of curiosity, do either you, Popeye, or you Belinda, have job producing a product or service people willingly pay for?

Of course it's no one else's business, so you certainly don't have to say, but if your are gainfully employed, would you care to say what you do?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:06 pm Exceptionalism is the seed of fascism. Its traditional self-congratulations for being the best has led in the past to those submerged within it, to a relinquishing of their humanity. Nazi Germany, Japan, Italy, and arguably present-day America are prime examples. One way of conditioning the public that it is superior to other people in other nations is the distortion of history, selective propogranda and creation of the future out of fantasy or mythology. When mythology is believed, it becomes religion and exceptionalism has become America's religion. The world stood in awe at the Nazi monster war machine, unstoppable it seemed. The Russians however crushed that monster war machine and chased the Germans across Europe all the way back to Berlin, costing the lives of twenty-seven million Russians, were they given their due or great respect---you know the answer is no!

I had a similar experience.
History taught about D-Day, but of Kursk it was almost silent. Kursk is where the war was effectively won. This still is the largest ever military exchange in history. The number are staggering and losses shocking. It make D-Day look like a picnic. After which Germany was a broken force.
The other voteface concerning WW2 is the reasons why the Japanese finally surrendered. I am indebted to the work of Howard Zynn's work. It has been shown as eaily as 1+1=2 that the atoms bombs were why Japan surrendered. That is self congratualtion by the US, Zynn tells us it was more to do with the massive Russian army which had just taken Manchuria in a staggeringly quick few days and was immediately about to invade Japan - a thing that the US had limited resources to, and zero appetite to achieve.

It is worth reflecting on the massive role of Russian in WW2 - they who lost more than any other country. Possibly more losses than all allied countries put together.
This, together with the following cold war started against the Soviet Union by the USA should give us some clue about the Russian psychology.
But blundering USA ,with never a bomb dropped on it, is not capable of understanding this, and continues to stumble ever eastwar in an undeclared war. Its not even like they have a ideological excuse. Maybe it never was about "commies", but just a primeval need to be the biggest bully on the world? And NATO is its instrument.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:34 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:55 pm "That is all true. Climate change and degradation of environments are increasing and the human response will be to save ourselves if we can. That response is of course fearful, and will result in fascist rationalisations via myths invented for the purpose.
Belinda,

Just out of curiosity, do either you, Popeye, or you Belinda, have job producing a product or service people willingly pay for?

Of course it's no one else's business, so you certainly don't have to say, but if your are gainfully employed, would you care to say what you do?
You come out with some weird stuff from time to time. But seriously dude what the fuck has this go to do with the thread?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 pm But seriously dude what the fuck has this go to do with the thread?
Just curious myself about what those who think they have all the answers to the world's supposed problems actually do. It's not what one says or claims to believe that is important, but what they actually do, because that reveals what they really believe and care enough about to pursue.

If you don't see the relationship, don't worry about it.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:25 pm
I had a similar experience.
History taught about D-Day, but of Kursk it was almost silent. Kursk is where the war was effectively won. This still is the largest ever military exchange in history. The number are staggering and losses shocking. It make D-Day look like a picnic. After which Germany was a broken force.
The other voteface concerning WW2 is the reasons why the Japanese finally surrendered. I am indebted to the work of Howard Zynn's work. It has been shown as eaily as 1+1=2 that the atoms bombs were why Japan surrendered. That is self congratualtion by the US, Zynn tells us it was more to do with the massive Russian army which had just taken Manchuria in a staggeringly quick few days and was immediately about to invade Japan - a thing that the US had limited resources to, and zero appetite to achieve.

It is worth reflecting on the massive role of Russian in WW2 - they who lost more than any other country. Possibly more losses than all allied countries put together.
This, together with the following cold war started against the Soviet Union by the USA should give us some clue about the Russian psychology.
But blundering USA ,with never a bomb dropped on it, is not capable of understanding this, and continues to stumble ever eastwar in an undeclared war. Its not even like they have a ideological excuse. Maybe it never was about "commies", but just a primeval need to be the biggest bully on the world? And NATO is its instrument.
Sculptor,
Excellent, nicely put!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:41 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 pm But seriously dude what the fuck has this go to do with the thread?
Just curious myself about what those who think they have all the answers to the world's supposed problems actually do. It's not what one says or claims to believe that is important, but what they actually do, because that reveals what they really believe and care enough about to pursue.

There is a statement on the post which asks the moderators to re-locate to political thread, but they have not done so yet.

Your post on the other hand, screams ad hominem!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"The Russians however crushed that monster war machine and chased the Germans across Europe all the way back to Berlin, costing the lives of twenty-seven million Russians, were they given their due or great respect---you know the answer is no!"

Yo check this shit out. Not only is the dominant narrative that the U.S. beat the Nazis and ended the war (lol @ that), but many people in high levels of U.S. government as well as very wealthy American industrialists actually sympathized with the Nazis and even supported them (tho not openly).
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:11 am

There is a statement on the post which asks the moderators to re-locate to political thread, but they have not done so yet.

Your post on the other hand, screams ad hominem!
I asked a question.

I answered a question.

I never criticized anyone or their arguments.

Somebody seems to be very sensitive.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Belinda,

Ad hominem.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

All that need concern you is how you interpret messages.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

An Ad hominem attack is a desperation move if a subject has nothing to contribute or runs out of intellectual ground, then attacking the personal character sometimes feels like a win.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Belinda wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:50 am

Belinda,

Ad hominem.
Not sure how asking a question is, "ad hominem," but I am sure how your comment answers my question. Most productive people are proud of what they do and consider another's interest in it a complement. Do you regard what you do as disreputable? If not, how could making reference to it be ad hominem?