Feminists' view of men and manhood

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Feminists' view of men and manhood

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:49 pm I am a woman. But I would never call myself a Feminist, I'm just a natural born woman, full stop.

What is my view of men and manhood?

I adore men to a passion that I can't even put into words, they are gorgeous creatures, I absolute love them with every fibre of my being, they are incredible beautiful creatures, and I really hope they know how magnificent they are.

I think women are very lucky and blessed to be sharing their existence with men. The bliss that there are men and not just women in the world makes me cry with pure joy and grateful appreciation.
All of them?? I must say that Jason Momoa is pretty 'magnificent' (although I'm sure he has his bad/annoying habits) but a very large percentage of them you have to wonder what on earth anyone saw in them. I suppose a lot of women are just desperate to have any man.
The only man I was ever desperate for was my first husband and father of my children. I would have stayed with him forever.

But he left me for some other woman, who has now left him :shock: He's alone and so am I
I never re-married.

Anyways, that taught me everything I needed to know about hooking up with the opposite sex.

I am choosing to live alone now. I have no more desire to live with another human being. It's as if I need to live in solitude.

I have male friends but wouldn't dream of sleeping with them or co-habiting with them ever.

Women seem to thrive alone, while the opposite is often the case with men. I was watching a lovely Youtube video series of footage of Ireland in the early 70s. An Irish farmer was living with his brother and running their farm together. Both of their wives had died and he made the simple comment, 'A home is nothing without a woman'. Not considered 'PC' today, but true anyway (as 'nonPC' comments invariably are).
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Jori wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:24 am Do feminists hate men? Do they want to be like men? If they hate men, why do they want to be like men? Then they would want to be something they hate.

I don't understand why some women hate to be dictated by their husbands, but then went out to become secretaries and organizational subordinates.
I do not understand why men do not want to be dictated to by their wives, but then they go out to work as subordinates for a boss and have to do what they are told.

And I do not understand why you seem incapable of using your brain.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:35 pm
Jori wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:24 am Do feminists hate men? Do they want to be like men? If they hate men, why do they want to be like men? Then they would want to be something they hate.

I don't understand why some women hate to be dictated by their husbands, but then went out to become secretaries and organizational subordinates.
I do not understand why men do not want to be dictated to by their wives, but then they go out to work as subordinates for a boss and have to do what they are told.
Historically, they've done it so women could have babies, and they wouldn't all starve.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:31 pm
Women seem to thrive alone, while the opposite is often the case with men. I was watching a lovely Youtube video series of footage of Ireland in the early 70s. An Irish farmer was living with his brother and running their farm together. Both of their wives had died and he made the simple comment, 'A home is nothing without a woman'. Not considered 'PC' today, but true anyway (as 'nonPC' comments invariably are).
Ahh, nice poignant story...bless their hearts.

The sexes are just different that's all. Can't live with each other, can't live without each other, as the old cliche goes.

All we can do is try to get along, but then again, we're basically primates, not long out of the jungle. Kind of like out of the frying pan into the fire....it seems we're now in an even scarier jungle than ever before. The human zoo is becoming unsustainable for the planet, but it seems we cannot stop procreating..we haven't evolved enough intelligence yet.
There's so much talk about ways to stop polluting our planet, and talk about going greener, making cuts here, and cuts there, etc..etc... but no one seems to want to talk about cutting back the actual population, which to me seems like the best way forward, if that's the way we want to move forward, we have to think about thinning out the excess. It just makes perfect sense, the planet can only cope with so much until it becomes polluted beyond repair. I read a story yesterday how dead marine life have been seen washed ashore along many coastlines....

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The main issue here is WHO coined the phrase ''Feminist'' in the first place?

I googled it and found this.....

''The word feminism itself was first coined in 1837 by French philosopher, Charles Fourier (as féminisme).''

Surprise! .... it was a man. :lol: Maybe the male philosopher felt compassion and empathy for women, believing that women have rights. :roll: :shock:

Humans are just scheming little busy bodies, their minds just cannot stop flapping.....fact!! if they have no problem, they will sure as hell invent one.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:11 pm

Historically, they've done it so women could have babies, and they wouldn't all starve.
If men had spent more time listening to their wives and not raping them and beating them about the body and head, their children would have had a better chance, and the world would have been a more peaceful place.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Feminists aim to liberate both women and men from gender stereotyping in work, politics, and the home.

The less discussed stereotype that confounds many men is that men must be stronger than women not simply more muscular but also more successful in the world that measures success in wealth. There are signs that traditionally feminine virtues are
gaining popular appeal, but sadly not in sufficient force to affect the delegates in Glasgow.
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 am Feminists aim to liberate both women and men from gender stereotyping in work, politics, and the home.

The less discussed stereotype that confounds many men is that men must be stronger than women not simply more muscular but also more successful in the world that measures success in wealth. There are signs that traditionally feminine virtues are
gaining popular appeal, but sadly not in sufficient force to affect the delegates in Glasgow.
Complains about 'stereotypes' and then goes on to 'stereotype'....Just saying.

It's actually impossible to not 'stereotype'.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Is this the anti-feminist anthem that creates a mental conflict in all women?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YayX4Cn5mts
(voice like a song bird)
vegetariantaxidermy

And you could equally say that if women brought up their sons properly, including having self control, then the world would be a 'more peaceful place'.
I've known many women who allowed their sons to be violent towards their sisters, believing it was just 'kids being kids'.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Some people ask, "Where have all the good men gone?"

Here are some of them: https://www.prageru.com/video/this-is-w ... -necessary
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 am Feminists aim to liberate both women and men from gender stereotyping in work, politics, and the home.

Complains about 'stereotypes' and then goes on to 'stereotype'....Just saying.

It's actually impossible to not 'stereotype'.
I agree that it's very difficult at times not to stereotype. But it's possible I think.

EDIT: Not that stereotyping is always a bad thing. I think it does come with being human that we tend to stereotype and can be done in ways that aren't necessarily always negative.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:55 am

If men had spent more time listening to their wives and not raping them and beating them about the body and head, their children would have had a better chance, and the world would have been a more peaceful place.
Don't you mean, "some men"?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:27 pm
Not all but many
I would suggest you read my comment in the context of the OP and that asinine comments of ICan.
I stand by my comment in that context.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:51 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:27 pm

Not all but many
I would suggest you read my comment in the context of the OP and that asinine comments of ICan.
I stand by my comment in that context.
What comment are you referring to that is "asinine"?