Puberty blockers - no parental consent.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Vitruvius

Re: Puberty blockers - no parental consent.

Post by Vitruvius »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:07 am
A chance to cavort with and 'man'handle women. What more could a 'man' want?
I'm not suggesting a sexual motive; just ungentlemanly and un-sportsman like conduct. But there was a case about two years ago, of a geezher in a woman's prison who sexually assaulted and raped other prisoners.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-for-life

That's what happens when women only spaces are invaded; it creates an opportunity for sexual predators. And looking at the google search for that piece of shit, it looks like there's hundreds more cases.

All that said, my principle concern is the effect of all this on children. Can't buy cigarettes, can't vote, can't drink or drive - but can have some malicious teacher pouring post modernist, politically correct poison in their ears, and get drugs from the doctor that have lifelong effects upon morphology! And parents have no rights whatsoever.

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Vitruvius wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:59 am
But there was a case about two years ago, of a geezher in a woman's prison who sexually assaulted and raped other prisoners.

You must mean this dainty petal:

Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:40 am You must mean this dainty petal:
That's great to wake up to, thanks!

If I had my way, Karen White would have received a death sentence fairly early on in its criminal career, sparing many of the latter victims. As soon as it became clear White was a recidivistic sexual predator that would always be a danger to women and children, the threshold would be crossed where human rights are abrogated - and the death penalty becomes appropriate. I'd carry out the sentence on conviction "Taken from this court to a place of execution." No endless death row appeals. Six bastards a week, hung on Parliament Square - and left swinging in the breeze for the crows!

However, my concern here is children subjected to a powerfully corrupt left wing, post modernist dogma - by politically correct teachers, who don't seem to understand why it's better for a child not to have an induced mental disorder. Children are like climbing plants; they need a framework to support their growth, and the POMO's have destroyed that framework out of pure self indulgent self righteousness!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

"Social constructs," only pertain to idiots who do not use their own minds, to learn, think, and work to make something of their own lives. The coasters and second-handers who have to belong to some gang to find any value in life or themselves--parasites.

It's a social construct that to deliberately and intentionally make a lot of money is to make something of one's own life. It's another and alternative social construct that to deliberately and intentionally forego making money is to make something of one's own life.

It's also a social construct that freedom pertains to people who are aware of the choice of social constructs and choose with reflective awareness their preferred social construct.

Social constructs are what make societies from aggregates of people.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:29 pm Is gender dysphoria not so much a psychological as a sociological problem? I mean , is it necessary to look like a male in order to act like male is 'supposed to' act?
It is probably sociological and psychological, no doubt. What is more important is that it is also a biologival phenomenon, and that is intractable.
People like to chose to ignore that fact. This has led to millenia of oppression.

Primates demonstrate inate gender differentiation from birth. Even female baby baboons prefer dollies, and male baby baboons prefer toy trucks.
So when a person born a boy prefers dolls and dresses, from the earliest age, this indicates that they are essentially female despite the chromesomes. Some of the biological mechanisms for this are now being uncovered, but there is still much to learn.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:29 pm Is gender dysphoria not so much a psychological as a sociological problem? I mean , is it necessary to look like a male in order to act like male is 'supposed to' act?
Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 amIt is probably sociological and psychological, no doubt. What is more important is that it is also a biologival phenomenon, and that is intractable.
People like to chose to ignore that fact. This has led to millenia of oppression.

Primates demonstrate inate gender differentiation from birth. Even female baby baboons prefer dollies, and male baby baboons prefer toy trucks.
So when a person born a boy prefers dolls and dresses, from the earliest age, this indicates that they are essentially female despite the chromesomes. Some of the biological mechanisms for this are now being uncovered, but there is still much to learn.
Gender dysphoria almost exclusively manifests at puberty. If it manifest at 2-4 years old, it's genetic, i.e. an hermaphrodite. In that case, it's not fundamentally a psychological problem. Although it may have similar psychological implications, it's not gender dysphoria.

This is important, because gender dysphoria is best treated by treating the mind, rather than the body. According to Dr Marcus Evans, formerly of the GIDS clinic, it will quite often pass with therapy - which is why handing out puberty blockers to kids on the basis of two or three hour long sessions, is not a good idea.

I can hear the politically correct alarms bells ringing, because of likeness to sexual orientation therapy - straight camp for gay kids; but this isn't that. Gender dysphoria is a psychological disorder; homosexuality is not.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It is probably sociological and psychological, no doubt. What is more important is that it is also a biologival phenomenon, and that is intractable.

This cannot be serious. So because baby baboon females like to play with dolls then human females who aren't interested in dolls are actually male?
Tons of boys like playing with dolls. Lots of girls like both trucks and dolls. It's normal. Actually it's Lego that seems to interest boys more than it does girls, but that could be because they are more encouraged towards it. I think it's a shame that girls aren't encouraged to play with the building and construction toys.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 pmThis cannot be serious. So because baby baboon females like to play with dolls then human females who aren't interested in dolls are actually male?
Tons of boys like playing with dolls. Lots of girls like both trucks and dolls. It's normal. Actually it's Lego that seems to interest boys more than it does girls, but that could be because they are more encouraged towards it. I think it's a shame that girls aren't encouraged to play with the building and construction toys.

There's validity to the idea that infants naturally gravitate toward gender specific play. In the literature - this is explained as a left over from the division of labour in hunter gatherer societies, where males hunted and females gathered. Males developed superior spatial orientation skills, and so male infants have a predisposition toward toward footballs, cars, guns, building block type toys; whereas, female infants tend toward social play - and so favour dolls, houses, tea parties. They play at relationships. This has been tested extensively, not least by Piaget - who, even today is regarded as the Freud of developmental psychology.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am So when a person born a boy prefers dolls and dresses, from the earliest age, this indicates that they are essentially female ....
What makes dolls and skirts, "female?"
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Vitruvius wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:09 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 amIt is probably sociological and psychological, no doubt. What is more important is that it is also a biologival phenomenon, and that is intractable.

Gender dysphoria almost exclusively manifests at puberty. If it manifest at 2-4 years old, it's genetic, i.e. an hermaphrodite. In that case, it's not fundamentally a psychological problem. Although it may have similar psychological implications, it's not gender dysphoria.

This is important, because gender dysphoria is best treated by treating the mind, rather than the body. According to Dr Marcus Evans, formerly of the GIDS clinic, it will quite often pass with therapy - which is why handing out puberty blockers to kids on the basis of two or three hour long sessions, is not a good idea.

I can hear the politically correct alarms bells ringing, because of likeness to sexual orientation therapy - straight camp for gay kids; but this isn't that. Gender dysphoria is a psychological disorder; homosexuality is not.
You never fail to amaze me as to just how wrong you are.
You head if fucked by your prejudice against "leftie PC" conspirators so much that you have invented your won facts.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:40 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am So when a person born a boy prefers dolls and dresses, from the earliest age, this indicates that they are essentially female ....
What makes dolls and skirts, "female?"
Nothing, except that a baboon girl like to cuddle and play with what appears to be a young lving thing.
Baboons have even been known to nurture lion cubs, and we all know about female dogs rearing kittens and baby rabbits.
Whatever the innate tendancies for a female they can cross species bondaries and don't give a fuck about social or religious "norms".

But female baby baboon are attracted to teddy bears and dolls, where males are more interested in mechanisms.
Whatever the biological underpinnings of this - and we might think about nurture as a primarily female interest, and manipulation of the environment as a male interest - clearly the process which bestoys these things is not without error and variation so that female brains can find themselves in males bodies and vice versa.

When a small boy of his own volition wants to grow his hair long, wear dresses, and play with dolls, there is a fundemental reason for it.
And we should not behave like c*nts and tell him to stop being a sissy.
If you have Netflix watch this and educate yourself.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/s ... ary-france
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:45 pm You never fail to amaze me as to just how wrong you are.
You head if fucked by your prejudice against "leftie PC" conspirators so much that you have invented your won facts.
Oh dear, did I upset you by actually engaging in philosophical debate - rather than drinking down the politically correct kool aid?

It must be upsetting when you're crawling on your belly, and someone else just strolls by!

I get it, but I just can't stoop that low - my intellect forbids it!
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Gender is a psycho-social construct based on behavioral norms in a given culture. The problem is having those norms and thinking that anyone should conform to them.

Sex is biological. No matter what your preferences, your behavioral tendencies, etc. are, you're whatever sex you were born as. Gender should be the same as sex, but people are too easily seduced by norms and want to conform to them.

So for example someone born male, who prefers stereotypical female behavior per cultural norms (including cultural norms re appearance) will wind up saying that they're "really a female." But the problem here is the norms, not that someone can be the "wrong gender."

At any rate, I don't have any problem with anyone looking and behaving however they want to look/behave, and I have no problem with anyone wanting to modify their body however they'd like.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Terrapin Station wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 pm Gender is a psycho-social construct based on behavioral norms in a given culture. The problem is having those norms and thinking that anyone should conform to them.

Sex is biological. No matter what your preferences, your behavioral tendencies, etc. are, you're whatever sex you were born as. Gender should be the same as sex, but people are too easily seduced by norms and want to conform to them.

So for example someone born male, who prefers stereotypical female behavior per cultural norms (including cultural norms re appearance) will wind up saying that they're "really a female." But the problem here is the norms, not that someone can be the "wrong gender."

At any rate, I don't have any problem with anyone looking and behaving however they want to look/behave, and I have no problem with anyone wanting to modify their body however they'd like.
This thread is about giving puberty blockers to children without parental consent. I don't care what consenting adults get up to - in the privacy of their own lives and bedrooms. What pisses me off is having it shoved in my face all the time - and being told to approve, or else! I don't approve. It's politically correct child abuse!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Terrapin Station wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 pm Sex is biological. No matter what your preferences, your behavioral tendencies, etc. are, you're whatever sex you were born as. Gender should be the same as sex, but people are too easily seduced by norms and want to conform to them.
"Too easily seduced by norms?" :shock:

"Norms" don't "seduce." They express the norm. That means the normal. As you said above, it's normal that sex and gender are identical. It's abnormal when somebody tries to separate them.

What we have to do is to account for that abnormality. And that's fairly easily done: it's a failure to grasp reality. It's like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pInQYjtfGs

But "seducing" is what parents do when they convince a pre-pubescent child that he/she needs to be mangled surgically and poisoned with hormones because the parent wants to feel "open-minded"; which is the only true rationale behind harming a child in this way.
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.