Laura Morris

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Vitruvius

Laura Morris

Post by Vitruvius »

“You’ve made your point. You no longer value me, or many other teachers you’ve employed in this county. So since my contract outlines the power that you have over my employment in Loudon County Public Schools, I thought it necessary to resign in front of you.”

“School board, I quit. I quit your policies, I quit your trainings, and I quit being a cog in a machine that tells me to push highly politicised agendas on our most vulnerable constituents – the children. I will find employment elsewhere. I encourage all parents and staff in this county to flood the private schools,” she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/te ... d=msedgntp
henry quirk

Re: Laura Morris

Post by henry quirk »

Vitruvius wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:37 pm “You’ve made your point. You no longer value me, or many other teachers you’ve employed in this county. So since my contract outlines the power that you have over my employment in Loudon County Public Schools, I thought it necessary to resign in front of you.”

“School board, I quit. I quit your policies, I quit your trainings, and I quit being a cog in a machine that tells me to push highly politicised agendas on our most vulnerable constituents – the children. I will find employment elsewhere. I encourage all parents and staff in this county to flood the private schools,” she said.

Good on her.

More folks need to say, no, I won't.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Unfortunately most people can't afford private schools.

The Nazis were masters of understanding the power of early childhood brainwashing. We are now reaping the 'rewards' of the modern equivalent of 'Hitler Youth'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:22 pm Unfortunately most people can't afford private schools.

The Nazis were masters of understanding the power of early childhood brainwashing. We are now reaping the 'rewards' of the modern equivalent of 'Hitler Youth'.
The Nazis war games are still in full swing. Preparing for world war III

World war I and II wasn't enough, the hunger games are never ending. There's a war raging every second humanity inhabits this planet, they do not know any other reality. The Nazis war is permanently on, and it's for your mind.

“Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”

The dead ones are the lucky ones.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

"no victor believes in luck" - Nietzsche

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:40 pm "no victor believes in luck" - Nietzsche

-Imp
That's a good quote, from an intelligent underated man. I guess people were jealous of his greatness and ability to see the real picture.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Vitruvius wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:37 pm “You’ve made your point. You no longer value me, or many other teachers you’ve employed in this county. So since my contract outlines the power that you have over my employment in Loudon County Public Schools, I thought it necessary to resign in front of you.”

henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Good on her.

Good on her - I agree.

But it's the people pushing this dogma, (emphasis on the dog) who should to be looking for a new job!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Vitruvius wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:08 am

henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Good on her.

Good on her - I agree.

But it's the people pushing this dogma, (emphasis on the dog) who should to be looking for a new job!
Yeah, well, If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

You can't fire cancer: you have to kill it.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:13 amGood on her.
Vitruvius wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:08 amGood on her - I agree.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:58 pmYeah, well, If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
You can't fire cancer: you have to kill it.
It's entirely unreasonable, but I have faith in reason. I hate the current polarisation of politics and society, and all this left wing, politically correct, identity politics dogma is to blame. If you equate this to cancer - what then, do you mean by the "kill it" metaphor? I understand your anger, but it feeds back into polarisation - and I think that's playing their game; these people - who take drag queens into primary schools, and then call outraged parents bigots! They want conflict - they feed off it; stir up trouble to then be on the politically correct side of it! They're using these people - blacks, gays, trans, women - to further their own political interests, and I think, perhaps unreasonably that if people can be shown that, these dogmatists will be out of a job!

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/mha ... ctacularly
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

V,

I have faith in reason.

Between sane men, free men, there can be reason.

You can't reason with cancer, with hungry wolves, with a crazy man comin' at you with a knife, or with slavers.

You have to kill them.

If you equate this to cancer - what then, do you mean by the "kill it" metaphor?

I mean what I wrote. These are a corrosive lot. Accommodation with them, concessions to them, has netted us nuthin' 'cept misery, and emboldened them. All that's left is for us to tell them, no, I won't, and then defend ourselves (cuz they will not stop).

I understand your anger

I'm not angry: just resigned.

They want conflict

They want compliance: becuz they've misjudged, conflict is what's comin'.

I think, perhaps unreasonably that if people can be shown that, these dogmatists will be out of a job!

I think folks have been shown, quite starkly, who and what these people are. Those that can get it, have. Those that can't, well, pray they stay the hell out of the way tomorrow.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:19 am V,

I have faith in reason.

You can't reason with cancer, with hungry wolves, with a crazy man comin' at you with a knife, or with slavers.

You have to kill them.

If you equate this to cancer - what then, do you mean by the "kill it" metaphor?

I mean what I wrote. These are a corrosive lot. Accommodation with them, concessions to them, has netted us nuthin' 'cept misery, and emboldened them. All that's left is for us to tell them, no, I won't, and then defend ourselves (cuz they will not stop).

I understand your anger

They want conflict

I think, perhaps unreasonably that if people can be shown that, these dogmatists will be out of a job!

I think folks have been shown, quite starkly, who and what these people are. Those that can get it, have. Those that can't, well, pray they stay the hell out of the way tomorrow.
That's your 'solution' to everything. Laws be damned. Just kill, kill, kill....
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:23 am

I have faith in reason.

You have to kill them.

I understand your anger

They want conflict

Either you are getting a lot better or I am. I've totally agreed with the last several things you've posted, both here and elsewhere.

You may have noticed the growing war mongering in the US since the beginning of the so-called withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan. Save the world by killing everyone who disagrees with you.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:41 pm

I have faith in reason.

You have to kill them.

I understand your anger

They want conflict

Either you are getting a lot better or I am. I've totally agreed with the last several things you've posted, both here and elsewhere.

You may have noticed the growing war mongering in the US since the beginning of the so-called withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan. Save the world by killing everyone who disagrees with you.
for a sec there I thought you were agreein' with me...then, I realized it was veg

no surprise there: missin' the point, as usual
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:46 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:41 pm

for a sec there I thought you were agreein' with me...then, I realized it was veg

no surprise there: missin' the point, as usual
I agree with you a lot. I'm not sure what point you think I missed. My point was only about the amount of war-mongering belligerence associated with, "American patriotism," mistaken for integrity and defense of real values. You're going to see a lot of saber-rattling and, "make America great," sloganism. It has already started.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

humans killing humans... a new thing?

Cain?

gird your loins

-Imp