Man Brain?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Man Brain?

Post by henry quirk »

The idea of male vs female brains is ridiculous.

Not so much, no.

XX/XY irrevocably stamps the brain as much as it does the rest of the body.

And testosterone/estrogen further the differences.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:01 pm
yeuyoga wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 am I know this woman, slightly below fifty years or so, personal Christian, studied theology and law, as we chat, this woman, which is another one who insists on my intelligence (I later took an intelligence test and came out only barely above average) was telling me about her youth referring to her early deeper interests into economics in the form of stock marketing radio listening in primary school, throughout her talk (she is member of "Mensa", Norwegian organization fronting the causes of "intelligent" people as well as offering professional IQ-tests) she referred to this thing she called her "male brain", as she seems to insist that the way her brain works is typically "male" and not feminine. My question is simple: what makes a brain "masculine" and not "feminine" apart from the obvious gender dichotomies like "my penis!", women don't think that as they have no penis, and apart from the endocrinology also, that is, apart from pure differing of substance regulatory systems, like saying "men have more of x-substance and women more y-substance".

What does mathematical inclination make you "masculine" in your brain? Does it have to? Or is this just a tendency which may be more prevalent in males but not significantly so?
Everyone has male and female tendencies.

The feminine side provides a person with passions, ureges and desires.

The male side provides a person with plans, actions and achievements.

In successful people the feminine side and the masculine side are cohesive with the masculine side following the feminine side or the feminine side following the masculine side. They are in balance when the person is successful and at odds when a person is not.

You are in balance when the feminine leads and the masculine follows or th masculine leads and the feminine follows but, if one side always leads, the other side will rebel.
Far too simplistic. Unscientific nonsense.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:45 pm
yeuyoga wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 am I know this woman, slightly below fifty years or so, personal Christian, studied theology and law, as we chat, this woman, which is another one who insists on my intelligence (I later took an intelligence test and came out only barely above average) was telling me about her youth referring to her early deeper interests into economics in the form of stock marketing radio listening in primary school, throughout her talk (she is member of "Mensa", Norwegian organization fronting the causes of "intelligent" people as well as offering professional IQ-tests) she referred to this thing she called her "male brain", as she seems to insist that the way her brain works is typically "male" and not feminine. My question is simple: what makes a brain "masculine" and not "feminine" apart from the obvious gender dichotomies like "my penis!", women don't think that as they have no penis, and apart from the endocrinology also, that is, apart from pure differing of substance regulatory systems, like saying "men have more of x-substance and women more y-substance".

What does mathematical inclination make you "masculine" in your brain? Does it have to? Or is this just a tendency which may be more prevalent in males but not significantly so?

In successful people the feminine side and the masculine side are cohesive with the masculine side following the feminine side or the feminine side following the masculine side. They are in balance when the person is successful and at odds when a person is not.

You are in balance when the feminine leads and the masculine follows or th masculine leads and the feminine follows but, if one side always leads, the other side will rebel.
If you don't like simplistic you shouldn't say "A 'male brain' is a brain that a male has."

You did post that, didn't you?
vegetariantaxidermy

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:49 pm

If you don't like simplistic you shouldn't say "A 'male brain' is a brain that a male has."

Yes. Because it's true :|
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Terrapin Station wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:21 pm I would say that anyone who believes that there are "male" versus "female" brains/mental tendencies probably doesn't actually have that high of an IQ. Or at least, it would underscore problems with IQ testing if a test says they have a high IQ and they have beliefs like that.
Quite!
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:15 pm

The problem is confusing the, "mind," with the brain. Even if one is a physicalist, any physiological differences in brains do not determine any differences in their function. Using a computer as an analogy, two entirely different computer systems in both hardware and operating systems can run all the same programs.

The only difference between a male and female brain is the sex of the individual whose brain it is. One's brain does not determine what one is, it only provides the potential for how one chooses to use it.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

And simple minded. What a ridiculous thing to post.

If you can't do better than that, stay out of this forum with your insults and idiotic opinions.
vegetariantaxidermy

jayjacobus wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:54 am

And simple minded. What a ridiculous thing to post.

If you can't do better than that, stay out of this forum with your insults and idiotic opinions.
As opposed to your brilliant and profoundly insightful posts :lol:
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:30 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:49 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 pm

Thinking that women's bodies are the same as men's bodies is stupid as anyone but you can see.

If you disagree, when will you stop menstruating.
Well, it certainly isn't stupid to conflate genitalia and reproductive organs with brains. Are you going to talk about men's versus women's lungs now because genitalia aren't the same?
The brain regulates menstruation. The lungs do not.

Were you asleep in biology class?
Yeah, definitely a male/female brain dichotomy makes sense in that case.

Anyway, no wonder why you were insulted--you believe this crap.