A World Without Men?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Oakley

A World Without Men?

Post by Oakley »

Greetings all,

I'm new here, so before diving in I thought I might pause to gauge the interest of members in discussing the possibility of a world without men, that is, a world without male humans.

I've had this conversation elsewhere, and it seems that some folks find this topic highly offensive. Making trouble is not my intention, so it seems wise to at least briefly put my finger in the air to see which way the wind blows on this topic, on this forum. I'm particularly interested in guidance from the mods.

If this isn't going to work, ok, no problem. Just let me know and I'll drop it without complaint.

Thanks!
Oakley

Re: A World Without Men?

Post by Oakley »

Well, the mods approved the post for publication, so I guess that's a go ahead.

I'm fascinated by the idea that world peace might really be possible. The logic is remarkably simple.

1) Men commit the overwhelming vast majority of violence, a consistent pattern going back thousands of years in every time and place.

2) If there were no men, there would be radically less violence.

3) In that case, most of the trillions upon trillions of dollars which are now spent committing violence and responding to it could be reinvested in life affirming projects like health care and education etc.

The result would be something which could fairly be called world peace, at least in comparison to the current reality.

Keep this idea in the back of your mind as you click through your news feed, watch TV news etc. When the news is reporting some horror show like the latest mass shooting, or the war in Syria etc, ask yourself a question like this...

Are male humans so important as to be worth this price?

That's enough for now, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

How about a world without pacifists?

Instead of eliminatin' violent men, let's just eliminate those who object to violent men, and violence in general.

There are far fewer pacifists than violent men: logically, gettin' rid of pacifists would be far easier.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Oakley wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 pm 1) Men commit the overwhelming vast majority of violence, a consistent pattern going back thousands of years in every time and place.

3) In that case, most of the trillions upon trillions of dollars which are now spent committing violence and responding to it could be reinvested in life affirming projects like health care and education etc.
All of that seems true to me. Isn't it also true, however, that most of the inventions in life have been by men? Not that women can't do it, they just don't seem as inclined. Personally, I would gladly trade a high-tech world for a more peaceful one. I imagine that a world of women would be more peaceful. I do love male energy though... not the destructive or stupid stuff, but the wise, guiding, peaceful ones, which are more rare, and I wouldn't want a world without them.

Perhaps there's some kind of unevolved defect that could somehow be resolved within those violent and closed mindsets. It's as if such mentality is locked in a box which it's continually fighting/raging against, sometimes to insane degrees. There needs to be something that opens the doors, and lets some new light and air and potential flow in. Tripping on mushrooms has been used for a long time by civilizations and wise men as a way to broaden perspective. Maybe that kind of mental expansion is another area that certain leagues/generations of men have distorted and rewritten (like religion) in order to claim control and authority, and keep everyone subservient to them. Fuckers.

It's really too bad. The world doesn't have to be this stupid. Perhaps such density sets the low standard that inspires an equally high standard to be manifested... which can also be seen widely throughout humankind. There are a lot of types of energy sharing this planet! :lol: Hopefully some major mental shift will ripple throughout humankind before this beautiful Earth and its inhabitants are further devastated.
Atla

Post by Atla »

I sometimes wonder, if there were no men, would the world be divided into countries? And would there be wars? Wouldn't women find these things utterly idiotic?

(Btw no offense, but in this world peace doesn't seem to matter, what seems to matter the most is stable genius, mainly a male thing. The 99.9%+ non-genius males don't matter either.)
Last edited by Atla on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

in a world without men, would all the menstrual cycles mystically align and assure the sterile world will have at least 3 weeks of peace for the remaining few months of continued existence?

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Oakley wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm Greetings all,

I'm new here, so before diving in I thought I might pause to gauge the interest of members in discussing the possibility of a world without men, that is, a world without male humans.

I've had this conversation elsewhere, and it seems that some folks find this topic highly offensive. Making trouble is not my intention, so it seems wise to at least briefly put my finger in the air to see which way the wind blows on this topic, on this forum. I'm particularly interested in guidance from the mods.

If this isn't going to work, ok, no problem. Just let me know and I'll drop it without complaint.

Thanks!
Would you like the human species to continue if so what are you going to do?
Are you female?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Oakley wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 pm Well, the mods approved the post for publication, so I guess that's a go ahead.

I'm fascinated by the idea that world peace might really be possible. The logic is remarkably simple.
People with the reins of power are the ones who wage the wars. It does not matter if they are women or men.
Examples
Elizabeth I of England waged wars, had her rivals killed.
Queen Isabella of Spain expelled Jews and Muslims
Catherine The Great waged wars.
Margaret Thatcher said that the Falklands war was "the best thing that ever happened to her".
Golda Meir started the Yom Kippur War against Egypt.

1) Men commit the overwhelming vast majority of violence, a consistent pattern going back thousands of years in every time and place.
That is true. But there might be easier ways to reduce that than by exterminating them all.
And what might women do when there were no men? Would they not take their place?

There is nothing to stop us doing that right now.
I do not think putting women in charge of other women is going to change that. Women PMs in the UK have been the worst offenders in military spending.

The result would be something which could fairly be called world peace, at least in comparison to the current reality.
What would women do with all their sexual frustrations?

Keep this idea in the back of your mind as you click through your news feed, watch TV news etc. When the news is reporting some horror show like the latest mass shooting, or the war in Syria etc, ask yourself a question like this...

Are male humans so important as to be worth this price?

That's enough for now, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
What would you do to make babies?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Oakley wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 pm Well, the mods approved the post for publication, so I guess that's a go ahead.

There's no sufficient grounds to draw that conclusion from that supporting premise, and so the simple logic is flawed. The problem is that 1 can be true while 2 can be false without contradiction.

The observation that men do more violence than women could be explained as just the result of men being better at it than women are (by virtue of strength) and thus men claim a near monopoly. In that case, if you remove men from the equation, then whoever among the women is best able to beat the shit out of people could inherit that formerly male monopoly and then you would have to start again by saying the world would be nicer if there were no tall women or something.

You need to demonstrate that violence is in some way a property of boys and not girls, but to do that would need to get rid of that "vast majority" and replace it with "all", which is (fortunately for your sausage endowed readers, but less so for your argument) not likely to work out.

Alternatively you can do a whole investigation of the social function that violence fulfils and see if you can find a reason why in the absence of men, that function wouldn't simply operate among women. You would though have to somehow demonstrate that in the absence of a men and women divide in social roles, there wouldn't simply emerge a new divide of a similar type that just didn't use peepees and vaj as the metric for divisor. I predict little success, but a very fun thread.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:46 pm What would women do with all their sexual frustrations?
Oh wouldn't you like to know? :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:49 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:46 pm What would women do with all their sexual frustrations?
Buzz buzz.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:49 pm
I just googled it, and now I have lost a lot of innocence.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Oakley wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm
It would look like Themiscyra.
Oakley

Post by Oakley »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:20 pmPerhaps there's some kind of unevolved defect that could somehow be resolved within those violent and closed mindsets.
Yes, ideally we would keep the peaceful men and just get rid of the violent men. Or, we would fix the violent men. The problem here is that no society in history has figured out how to do either.

Until that changes, to have men is to have violent men, and to have violent men is to put the entire civilization at risk.
Oakley

Post by Oakley »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:31 pmWould you like the human species to continue if so what are you going to do? Are you female?
I'm male.

As for reproduction, I can see these possibilities so far.

1) We're entering an age when more babies will be made in the lab, so as to prevent genetic diseases, and to select for certain traits, such as gender. This is coming for sure, but scaling it up to include the whole population is very challenging.

2) A tiny number of men can impregnate a huge number of women. So if we were willing to settle for far less men, no new technology is needed.

3) Abortion.

We should also turn your question around and see the other side of it. An ever accelerating knowledge explosion is giving violent men ever more power to generate chaos. If we don't do something radical like this how does the species, or at least civilization, continue?

People typically this is a crazy idea that we have the option to ignore. I don't see it that way.