A World Without Men?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: A World Without Men?

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Oakley wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm Greetings all,

I'm new here, so before diving in I thought I might pause to gauge the interest of members in discussing the possibility of a world without men, that is, a world without male humans.

I've had this conversation elsewhere, and it seems that some folks find this topic highly offensive. Making trouble is not my intention, so it seems wise to at least briefly put my finger in the air to see which way the wind blows on this topic, on this forum. I'm particularly interested in guidance from the mods.

If this isn't going to work, ok, no problem. Just let me know and I'll drop it without complaint.

Thanks!
Well humans wouldn't last very long without men, that's for sure. It's called sex, my dear. But then that's probably what your particular problem is all about, right?

Hey I have more respect for women than men and I'm a male, and a heterosexual to boot. So I'd probably agree with you on many of your complaints about men, because I'm all about truth, yeah, I don't fear it.
SpheresOfBalance

Atla wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:29 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:03 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 am
Never heard of absorption lines?
Electromagnetic energy can either be reflected, scattered or absorbed. And actually it's trajectory can be bent by gravity. So what role does both scattering and bending play with fingerprints, colors or even frequencies for that matter? And I can even think of other things closer to home like the constituents of optics or other types of sensors.
Baseless speculation while ignoring the currently available evidence
Not at all, that's why Science is 'Revisionist in Nature.'
SpheresOfBalance

reasonvemotion wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:29 am “For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man”.
Neither was made from either! In fact they both came about in the same moment. Over thousands, strike that, millions, possibly billions of years of evolution. It's just like the false, so called, paradox of the "Chicken or the egg, which came first?" Total ignorance, so the fossil record bears out. Evolution is the fact!
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Oakley wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 pm Well, the mods approved the post for publication, so I guess that's a go ahead.

I'm fascinated by the idea that world peace might really be possible. The logic is remarkably simple.

1) Men commit the overwhelming vast majority of violence, a consistent pattern going back thousands of years in every time and place.

2) If there were no men, there would be radically less violence.

3) In that case, most of the trillions upon trillions of dollars which are now spent committing violence and responding to it could be reinvested in life affirming projects like health care and education etc.

The result would be something which could fairly be called world peace, at least in comparison to the current reality.

Keep this idea in the back of your mind as you click through your news feed, watch TV news etc. When the news is reporting some horror show like the latest mass shooting, or the war in Syria etc, ask yourself a question like this...

Are male humans so important as to be worth this price?

That's enough for now, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
As a woman and a feminist, I find it just as appalling to pinpoint men as inherently violent animals as I would prejudice against women. Men are people like anybody else, and men come in all personality types. Why on earth would it even be desirable to try to "get rid of" men?

If you're concerned about violence, maybe you should consider raising boys better?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Oakley wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm Greetings all,

I'm new here, so before diving in I thought I might pause to gauge the interest of members in discussing the possibility of a world without men, that is, a world without male humans.

I've had this conversation elsewhere, and it seems that some folks find this topic highly offensive. Making trouble is not my intention, so it seems wise to at least briefly put my finger in the air to see which way the wind blows on this topic, on this forum. I'm particularly interested in guidance from the mods.

If this isn't going to work, ok, no problem. Just let me know and I'll drop it without complaint.

Thanks!
I think you suffer a misconception. A human has not yet attained to the definition of "Man" So, it is a simple answer, what is the sound of one hand clapping? There are countless ways to ask this question, such as the one you just posed. And it amounts to, what is a thing that does not comply with its own definition, or what is relation to self?
Which life support system defines what a "Man" is? The life support system currently called mind? or the life support system called gender?
And, if the life of humans is made only possible by binary recursion, do you define a world without men in terms of a single generation?
Try it yourself. A thing is defined by its binary construct of a relative constrained by a correlative. If human life is also effected by binary recursion, have you defined anything at all without the relative or the correlative?

In all events, I do not think that the world would give a damn as to imagine that it did would imply that you believe the world is anthropomorphic in some manner.