Toxic Femininity

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Toxic Femininity

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 pm Your hatred of women oozes transparently through the screen :lol:
Heh. :D It's not only ad hominem, but utterly devoid of proof.

If you think you have some, let's have it. And none of this "I feel it through the screen" nonsense, of course.

However, my own disposition, be it ever so sunny or ever so dark, has zippo to do with the question of whether or not "toxic femininity" is real. That's a separate question...one you're mysteriously trying to avoid by playing to the ad hominem.

I wonder if it's just a little too "close to home." :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 pm Your hatred of women oozes transparently through the screen :lol:

If you think you have some, let's have it. And none of this "I feel it through the screen" nonsense, of course.

However, my own disposition, be it ever so sunny or ever so dark, has zippo to do with the question of whether or not "toxic femininity" is real. That's a separate question...one you're mysteriously trying to avoid by playing to the ad hominem.

Shove your winks up your arse. There are no facts in any of your comments--only nasty opinion-based generalisations about women. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. The only time it matters is when personal hatred interferes with the rights of others. I don't care what you think of women. I'm only stating the obvious--that your 'opinion's are misogynistic. Your OP is only a link, yet you are demanding 'proof'? Fool you are. Even the title is a meaningless buzz-phrase. Do you know what 'toxic' means? :lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:10 am

I'm only stating the obvious...
And yet, you can't make it obvious, obviously. :lol:

But as I say, either way, it changes nothing about the question. You don't like it? Too bad, I guess.

There's an old saying in poker: "If you look around the table, and can't see who the sucker is -- it's you." If look around the table, and can't see any toxic feminity... 8)
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

uwot wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:12 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:23 pmI vote that we just sit back and wait to see if he can work his suave charms on this Beatrice person. She just cracked open the natural gender roles thing with that bit about men with girly emotions, so that should keep him busy for a while.
You're probably right. My money's on Beatrice being more of a man than Mr Can.
That makes sense, he's started a supicious number of threads on the topic of chicks with dicks, maybe he resents them for living the life he must deny himself.

It's quite probable that he spends every Thursday night at a brothel berating sinners by reading loudly from the Good Book while a man in a dress with mistmatched tits brutally pegs him.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:57 pm A short video: only about one minute. JP on male-female aggression. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5vyukWL7I

Comments?
Just one to you. You are a misogynist, and in today's parlance, a, "racist," because are obviously promoting a view of some people based on some class or category you have chosen to put them in.

Are you judging women as a class? Just like all other human beings, every woman is a unique individual. There are always individuals who choose to be dispicable, but the idea that anyone is they way they are because of some attribute they had no choice over, like their sex, is pure hateful condemnation and denial of the fact that every individual is what they choose to be.

Now I'm going to confess a very strong prejudice I hold, because I'm an incurable philogynist. I adore all women. If there were a superior class of human beings (there isn't), for me it would have to be women. I assume every woman I meet is going to delight me and that I'll love her, and I will unless and until she happens to do something to convince be she's not worthy of my love. (That has almost never happened.)

I've been asked how I can claim to love my wife, if I love all women. The fact is only a man who loves all women in general, can ever love one in particular. I would say to any woman who is looking for a man who will truly love them, if the man you meet does not love women, or dislikes them generally, like IC and many others on this thread, run from him as fast as you can. Only a man who adores women and knows they are the most beautiful and delightufl creatures in this world is capable of the kind of love you deserve.

Everyone is capable of evil, none anymore than any other, because of any racial, ethnic, or sexual category they belong to. The truth is, most men are terrified of women because they have never learned they are different from men and that their differences are the source of all that makes them the source of joy and delight they are to a man in every way, intellectally, socially, and romantically. Unfortunately, most men translate their fear of women and inability to appreciate them into a distrust of them, and, because they do not know how to relate to them, blame women for their own insecurities and faults.

If there is such a thing as, "toxic feminity," [a term loaded with hateful descrimination], it is almost certainly the result of some ignorant man's corruption of some woman.

I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but they are exceptions, and all the more tragic on that account.
Last edited by RCSaunders on Wed May 19, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:38 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:10 am

I'm only stating the obvious...
And yet, you can't make it obvious, obviously. :lol:

But as I say, either way, it changes nothing about the question. You don't like it? Too bad, I guess.

There's an old saying in poker: "If you look around the table, and can't see who the sucker is -- it's you." If look around the table, and can't see any toxic feminity... 8)
Don't you believe women should be subservient to a man? Or do your reject all those verses in your Bible that tell wives to obey their husbands and forbid women from teaching men.

Isn't what you really mean by, "toxic femininity," the attitude of any woman who doesn't choose to obey any man but to live her life as chooses without getting a some man's permission for what she does?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

mickthinks wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:22 pm Oooh—Another stream-of-misogyny thread!
Yes. Some men are terrified of women and defend their own insecurities by blaming women. Sad!
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:22 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:01 pm Who are these people?
The word didn't appear. So what "people" do you mean?
Good grief! You were talking about women. You don't consider women people?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:35 pm
BeatriceMom wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 pm In men, I don't like excessive emotionality and hysteria at the time when you need to get together and make a decision. There was an experience of relationships with an absolutely weak-willed man and in these relationships, I felt like a man, because I had to decide everything myself.
That's pathetic. So women who make all their own decisions are more like men?
Exactly. These misogynist confuse their own terror of women and their freedom for a fault in women. What they really hate is women's strength and virtues.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 am
Comments?
Just one to you. You are a misogynist,
That's interesting. I pointed to a video in which I was not involved at all. And I asked "comments?" That's a lot to conclude from one word.

It's hard to take somebody seriously when they go off on no proof at all.
RCSaunders wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 am Isn't what you really mean by, "toxic femininity," the attitude of any woman who doesn't choose to obey any man but to live her life as chooses without getting a some man's permission for what she does?
Heh. :D Absolutely not. I simply asked if what many women say is true about their relations with other women is true, or whether you think they're imagining things.

You seem to think they're imagining things: women never hurt other women. That's your opinion, and of course, I asked for your opinion. So like anyone else you're entitled to think that.

And whatever kind of person you want to imagine me to be, that would have no bearing whatsoever on the question posed. You can be as wrong as you like about that, and it makes no difference.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:41 am
Comments?
That's interesting. I pointed to a video in which I was not involved at all. And I asked "comments?" That's a lot to conclude from one word.

RCSaunders wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 am Isn't what you really mean by, "toxic femininity," the attitude of any woman who doesn't choose to obey any man but to live her life as chooses without getting a some man's permission for what she does?
Heh. :D Absolutely not. I simply asked if what many women say is true about their relations with other women is true, or whether you think they're imagining things.

You seem to think they're imagining things: women never hurt other women. That's your opinion, and of course, I asked for your opinion. So like anyone else you're entitled to think that.

And whatever kind of person you want to imagine me to be, that would have no bearing whatsoever on the question posed. You can be as wrong as you like about that, and it makes no difference.
Where did anyone say that a woman would never hurt another woman?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:09 am Where did anyone say that a woman would never hurt another woman?
Well, you don't seem to believe that there can be anything called "toxic femininity." That must mean that femininity cannot possibly be "toxic," implying "hurtful," or "harmful" in any way.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

“Satan works in darkness and deception, and stays away from the light. Hurt people often have destructive habit -patterns that are practiced in the dark. Hence, their mind becomes a breeding ground for satanic infiltration ...”

“All men kill the thing they love”

We just need to realise how precious we are. It’s hard, but it’s ultimately true, life is precious because it’s temporary. Only hurt people hurt.

——

“It's better to be hurt than to hurt others. Nice people can be happy with just that.”

― ishida sui
uwot

Post by uwot »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:03 amIt's quite probable that he spends every Thursday night at a brothel berating sinners by reading loudly from the Good Book while a man in a dress with mistmatched tits brutally pegs him.
Goes without saying. I can't visualise Mr Can without a gimp mask.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Comments?

That little verbal evasion won't work, IC. To claim neutrality on an issue of evil, means one sees nothing wrong with it.

If the video had been advocating sex with minors or pedophilia, would you have presented it and simply asked what others thought of it, as though it were an open question on which you had no opinion?
RCSaunders wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 am Isn't what you really mean by, "toxic femininity," the attitude of any woman who doesn't choose to obey any man but to live her life as she chooses without getting a some man's permission for what she does?

There are all sorts of evil in the world. People of all different kinds and backgrounds hurt other people. It's when someone attributes the wrong things some people do to their race or ethnicity it's racism and it's when someone attributes the wrong things some people do to their their female sex it's misogyny. It implies there are some kinds of evil that are unique to women and their being women is the cause of it.

It's a vile prejudice, like all others, and most men entertain it without ever being aware of it. Giving that prejudice a name, like, "toxic femininity," just exacerbates that evil.