What's wrong with Hilaria?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

What's wrong with Hilaria?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Such a fuss, and mostly from the wokies, no less. Wokies are upset by this woman's 'ethnic appropriation' (Americans should never attempt to use words with more than 5 letters), but they are fine with 'gender appropriation'...
Man 'feels' like a woman (or whatever he imagines being a woman 'feels' like) therefore he is a woman.
Woman 'feels' Spanish, therefore she is Spanish.
Is 'feeling' like you are 'anything' a mental illness? Do normal people spend their days 'feeling' like women, or men, or whatever else is fashionable at any given time?
Perhaps I 'feel' Chinese. I wouldn't know, because I'm not Chinese so I don't know how they 'feel'. What if I'm actually Chinese and don't know it? :shock:
Walker

Re: What's wrong with Hilaria?

Post by Walker »

Is 'feeling' like you are 'anything' a mental illness? Do normal people spend their days 'feeling' like women, or men, or whatever else is fashionable at any given time?
It’s a capacity cultivated by actors. For practice, actors will become someone and wear that persona for awhile. If it’s uncontrollable then it’s the master and you’re the slave. It’s like OCD. The energy of the OC is good, but the D screws that up and makes one the slave of energy.

If you have a tendency to drive without turn signals while changing multiple lanes you maybe are Chinese, but that’s not definitive.

At first I thought this was about the Greek goddess of hilarity.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:41 pm Is 'feeling' like you are 'anything' a mental illness? Do normal people spend their days 'feeling' like women, or men, or whatever else is fashionable at any given time?
Exactly. Since when is anyone's identity determined by how they feel?

Unfortunately, it is now accepted and taught that feelings trump reason. This is the result.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 am If you have a tendency to drive without turn signals while changing multiple lanes you maybe are Chinese, but that’s not definitive.
I have dear Japanese friend who told me she's always afraid she going to be stopped for driving, "DWO." [Something like DWI, "driving while intoxicated."]
Walker

Post by Walker »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:31 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:41 pm Is 'feeling' like you are 'anything' a mental illness? Do normal people spend their days 'feeling' like women, or men, or whatever else is fashionable at any given time?

Unfortunately, it is now accepted and taught that feelings trump reason. This is the result.
This is about a fellow at the nervous hospital.

"4 Questions

- What is sacred?
- Of what is the spirit made?
- What is worth living for?
- What is worth dying for?

The answer to each is the same."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d898E7ZI9ak
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 pm

"4 Questions

- What is sacred?

I have little use for, "entertainers," but there was a time when actors and actresses could, at least, articulate and enunciate clearly enough to be understood and not talk as though they had a mouth full of mashed potato. Disgusting performance of insipid nonsense, fitting a world of arrested adolescence that cannot discern the difference between sex and love.

The world is dying from an orgy of sickly sentimentalism--and deserves to.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Good grief. Unclench for a moment.

It's a method actor portraying an insane person, in the nervous hospital.

He's under observation because he thinks that Love makes the world go round, which makes him nuts. Also, he tried to jump off a building.

Do attempt to rise above prejudices and grasp a modicum of perspective of conditions.
It's a movie, making a statement.

Usually these explanations are best used for ... never mind.

You're probably one of them fellers who judges the past through the eyes of today's conditions and mores.

:roll:

:lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:53 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 pm

"4 Questions

- What is sacred?

I have little use for, "entertainers," but there was a time when actors and actresses could, at least, articulate and enunciate clearly enough to be understood and not talk as though they had a mouth full of mashed potato. Disgusting performance of insipid nonsense, fitting a world of arrested adolescence that cannot discern the difference between sex and love.'The world is dying from an orgy of sickly sentimentalism--and deserves to.
I totally agree. All that mumbling, muttering and angst-ridden whispering. I was beginning to think my cognitive skills were waning when I watched Interstellar, but I looked it up and apparently it's deliberate on the part of the director. It's part of his 'art', to have his actors' lines completely incomprehensible. It's very stressful and I really can't find any purpose to it. Pretentious crap. It was an interesting film too, with good actors. I WANTED to know what they were saying. Why not go the whole hog and just go back to silent movies??
wtf

Post by wtf »

But it's not. She's getting near universal scorn.

Compare and contrast. Caitlyn Jenner, née Bruce, is universally lauded and applauded for claiming to be a woman when he was born a man. Vanity Fair cover and all that. Even managed to homicide someone a month before her great coming out party, quickly swept under the rug by the media. Bet some of you remember that now that I mentioned it. Car accident in which Bruce was at fault; but the story about his gender change was in the air and the magazine cover and breathless media hype were already in motion and no dead prole could be allowed to get in the way.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/entertai ... index.html

Rachel Dolezal and Hilaria Baldwin are near universally scorned and criticized and humiliated for claiming to be a race other than what they are. Why is that? I've actually been compiling a list of these cases, there have been one or two a month for months on end. It's an epidemic. But instead of being celebrated, they're all humiliated and attacked.

Why the distinction? Can someone explain it?

Then again there's Shaun King, another whitey passing pretty successfully as black. Know what they call him? Talcum X.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Straight it is.
Good point. Some actors mumble. Moving on …

- The inquiry of the thread is: Why.
- The people in the OP are actors presenting a calculated persona.
- Mistaking the calculated persona for reality is a delusion.
- When people “reinvent” themselves, they fake it ‘till they make it.
- Spontaneous reinvention is not calculated, not faking 'till making, beyond control, inevitable at least once in a lifetime, and with an unknown finish line.
- To move a single muscle of the body is to be an actor, it is the most basic action.
- Thus, everyone is an actor presenting a persona calculated by conditioning, self-concept, and to varying degrees in different people, hidden things.
Walker

Post by Walker »

wtf wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:35 am Rachel Dolezal and Hilaria Baldwin are near universally scorned and criticized and humiliated for claiming to be a race other than what they are. Why is that? I've actually been compiling a list of these cases, there have been one or two a month for months on end. It's an epidemic. But instead of being celebrated, they're all humiliated and attacked.

Why the distinction? Can someone explain it?

Then again there's Shaun King, another whitey passing pretty successfully as black. Know what they call him? Talcum X.
It’s because of high energy combined with a lack of authenticity. It’s the same principle as one protesting too much. They are asserting too much energy asserting their identity. People secure in their sexuality or identity need not assert it for confirmation, or for validation from the world in order to be worthy of the world. They simple are, it.

On the other hand, the more successful and undetected con men are usually low energy combined with calculated, practiced and instinctive authenticity.

In an interview the actor John Cusack once described his research into con men that he did for a movie role. He said each was engaging but afterwards, when looking into his memory, he could not recall what each con man looked like. And this is an actor self-trained to mimic. Each pretender was totally unspectacular, low energy.

Computers and Covid deny the old relationships, and without the face-to-face minus the mask, knowledge of causation atrophies concerning gullibility, and immunity from the Sucker-virus atrophies. One can be infected by the strain of con-men less energetic but more skillful than high-energy, publicity hungry Rachel, Caitlyn, or Shawn, who are mocked for being inauthentic.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

I don't know why the Hilaria thing would upset anyone.

The whole idea of "cultural appropriation" as something problematic seems ridiculous to me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Well, you have to know which boxes to check on the government forms, and if you get it wrong, you're subject to penalties such as, no soup for you.

Or in the case of Elizabeth Warren with her self-identified minority status, lots of soup for her.

The whole idea of classifying "discussion" as "upset" seems ridiculous and inauthentic to rational folks, who aren't pushing an agenda.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:41 pm Perhaps I 'feel' Chinese. I wouldn't know, because I'm not Chinese so I don't know how they 'feel'. What if I'm actually Chinese and don't know it? :shock:
Does China teach Chinese folks contempt for America and Americans?
I have heard they’re not particularly fond of the Japanese.

Something to think about.