Von Miller and His Ex

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Von Miller and His Ex

Post by Immanuel Can »

It is alleged that NFL player Von Miller sent a text to his former girlfriend, with whom he broke up. She disclosed that she is pregnant -- she says it's by Miller -- and he responds that it is "the biggest mistake of his life," and he is "praying for a miscarriage."

Personally, I don't know if the story's true...though it's being reported widely, and the truth or falsehood of it is not the issue. What is very clear, and what you can see from any of the sites reporting it, is that shock, horror and denunciations have abounded, mostly from people sympathizing with the girlfriend, and asking what kind of man could ever wish for such a thing.

Here's my question: If Von Miller's girlfriend had decided to abort the baby, there would be no outrage at all. If anybody commented, others would surely be swift to say, "It's her business, and none of yours." However, these same people clearly feel that if Miller wishes for the baby to die, even though he does nothing at all to precipitate it, he's an unfeeling monster.

Make sense of that difference, if you can.
Immanuel Can

Re: Von Miller and His Ex

Post by Immanuel Can »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:52 pm Make sense of that difference, if you can.
Viewed a half dozen times, and not one comment? Why not?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:51 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:52 pm Make sense of that difference, if you can.
Because there was, and is, obviously not that much to say here, so far.

But I will comment on your FALSE CLAIM that; "If Von Miller's girlfriend had decided to abort the baby, there would be NO outrage at all."

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE of this CLAIM of YOURS?

Do you not suspect that the, so called, "pro lifers" would be outraged?

Or, were you REALLY asking, "Would there be NO outrage at all?"

Oh, and by the way, to 'make sense' of that difference you asked for here, or the DIFFERENCE ANYWHERE else in the world between 'you' human beings, is done FULLY by just understanding AND knowing HOW and WHY ALL human beings have DIFFERENT thoughts, view, opinions, et cetera.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Viewed over two dozen times, and not one relevant comment?

Where are all the advocates of abortion now?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Here's my question: If Von Miller's girlfriend had decided to abort the baby, there would be no outrage at all. If anybody commented, others would surely be swift to say, "It's her business, and none of yours." However, these same people clearly feel that if Miller wishes for the baby to die, even though he does nothing at all to precipitate it, he's an unfeeling monster.

it's just the insane hypocrisy of the times...emphasis on insane
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Because it is a non-issue. It's none of your or my business what others do with their own lives. If you have a full life, you won't have time to worry about how others manage to ruin theirs.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:05 pm It's none of your or my business what others do with their own lives.
What about what they do with somebody else's life? :shock:
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:05 pm It's none of your or my business what others do with their own lives.
Unless you or I are the, somebody else, it's up to the, somebody else.

Why do so many people thirst for an excuse to meddle in other people's lives?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:52 pm It is alleged that NFL player Von Miller sent a text to his former girlfriend, with whom he broke up. She disclosed that she is pregnant -- she says it's by Miller -- and he responds that it is "the biggest mistake of his life," and he is "praying for a miscarriage."

Personally, I don't know if the story's true...though it's being reported widely, and the truth or falsehood of it is not the issue. What is very clear, and what you can see from any of the sites reporting it, is that shock, horror and denunciations have abounded, mostly from people sympathizing with the girlfriend, and asking what kind of man could ever wish for such a thing.

Make sense of that difference, if you can.
Once a certain class of people has been placed by the temporal and spiritual authorities outside the ranks of those whose life has value, then nothing comes more naturally to men than murder. ~ Simone Weil
The value of a fetus is determined by the mother. If she says it has value then killing it is murder. If she sys it lacks value then feel free to abort it as valueless
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:43 pm
So far as you're concerned, if somebody is killing somebody else...die and let die? :shock:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:38 pm The value of a fetus is determined by the mother. If she says it has value then killing it is murder. If she sys it lacks value then feel free to abort it as valueless
We can be 100% sure you're wrong about that.

After all, if the baby has no intrinsicvalue, then the mother's attribution of value to it is simply mistaken; she may, in her misguided imagination attribute phonyvalue to it, but it actually is worthless; and if it has intrinsic value, then her dismissal of it as worthless is equally wrong -- for then, it's a human being.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:58 am
Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:38 pm The value of a fetus is determined by the mother. If she says it has value then killing it is murder. If she sys it lacks value then feel free to abort it as valueless

After all, if the baby has no intrinsicvalue, then the mother's attribution of value to it is simply mistaken; she may, in her misguided imagination attribute phonyvalue to it, but it actually is worthless; and if it has intrinsic value, then her dismissal of it as worthless is equally wrong -- for then, it's a human being.
It is progress I C. Man or in this case woman, has become God in secular society. Objective value can only be defined in relation to its source. Now that Man or Woman has replaced God in secular society, it defines value. In the old days the process of life itself was considered sacred. Those days are over. Now, only life serving the desires of Man are sacred. When a fetus doesn't do this, it is logical to abort it. Don't question the new God.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:57 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:58 am

It is progress I C. Man or in this case woman, has become God in secular society. Objective value can only be defined in relation to its source.
Man may wish he were the source of value. But he's not, and he never can be...because he's localized, contingent and moribund. Objective value transcends the lives of any individual men and women, providing the categories that actually make their lives good or evil; and the opinions of all collectives are fickle and variable, even less solid than the passing opinions of individuals.

If there is such a thing as objective value, it's not located in man.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:55 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:43 pm
So far as you're concerned, if somebody is killing somebody else...die and let die? :shock:
It doesn't matter what I'm concerned about, if someone else is not interested in defending their own life, I have no business "saving" someone else's life against their will. It is not my business, or yours, or anyone else's to go about saving the lives of everyone who has chosen to live in way that will most like end theirs, like every druggy and sex addict that ends up with a fatal disease.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 am ...if someone else is not interested in defending their own life...
Yeah...babies can't do that...They're kind of helpless...