Who do we think we are?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Who do we think we are?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:20 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:19 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 pm

That someone "identifies as" whatever isn't a lie or fraud insofar as its telling you something about how they think or feel. It would rather be a lie for them to not tell you this, to not express it. It would only be dishonest if they were claiming some objective fact that weren't the case, like saying that they were born with a different set of genitalia, or different genetics, or that they achieved some objective status they didn't achieve, etc.
American bullshit.
Not sure what you see as bullshit there or why you think it's uniquely American, but okay.
Why do Americans 'think' that every thought and 'feeling' they have has to be expressed in a torrent of verbal diarrhoea? Who cares? There's a lot to be said for keeping things to yourself. Compare the Queen with her nauseating Americanised grandson (and his even more nauseating American wife) who just can't stop telling the world (which incidentally doesn't give a shit) about his 'feelings'. Blathering on about one's 'feelings' all the time is nothing more than self-obsessed egotism.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:23 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:19 pm
American bullshit.
Not sure what you see as bullshit there or why you think it's uniquely American, but okay.
Why do Americans 'think' that every thought and 'feeling' they have has to be expressed in a torrent of verbal diarrhoea? Who cares? There's a lot to be said for keeping things to yourself. Compare the Queen with her nauseating Americanised grandson (and his even more nauseating American wife) who just can't stop telling the world (which incidentally doesn't give a shit) about his 'feelings'. Blathering on about one's 'feelings' all the time is nothing more than self-obsessed egotism.
It's not whether you should express it or not; it's just that if you say or do something contrary to it, it's dishonest.
vegetariantaxidermy

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:23 pm
It's not whether you should express it or not; it's just that if you say or do something contrary to it, it's dishonest.
What's wrong with keeping things to yourself? These nitwits are going into schools, messing with children's heads and sanity (not to mention bodies). I don't think I have EVER once in my life discussed my sexual persuasion OR my 'gender/ethnic identity' with ANYONE. Honestly, it's actually possible to successfully get through life without having any kind of discussion about either of those topics.
It's all so shallow and self-worshipping. Americans really do need to learn when to shut the fuck up.
vegetariantaxidermy

Actually Harry the twit is a good case in point. Obsessed with publicly verbalising every emotion and 'feeling' he's ever had, in the false belief that it will make him 'feel better', and all without a thought for any harm and hurt he might be causing others. It's all 'me me me'.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

If someone is "hurt" by someone honestly expressing themselves, I'd say the "hurt" person is the one with a problem.

Why would others have an issue, so that they're "hurt," by someone honestly expressing themselves?
vegetariantaxidermy

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:52 pm If someone is "hurt" by someone honestly expressing themselves, I'd say the "hurt" person is the one with a problem.

Why would others have an issue, so that they're "hurt," by someone honestly expressing themselves?
FFS.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:52 pm If someone is "hurt" by someone honestly expressing themselves, I'd say the "hurt" person is the one with a problem.

Racists, bigots, nationalist, and so called patriots tend to spend most of their time being hurt. Boo Hoo.
The problem for them is generally the universe has no interest conforming to their bigotry, but instead tend to be in a state of change and flux. Definitions of purity and land claims are fleeting, and misguided.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:27 pm

Racists, bigots, nationalist, and so called patriots tend to spend most of their time being hurt. Boo Hoo.
The problem for them is generally the universe has no interest conforming to their bigotry, but instead tend to be in a state of change and flux. Definitions of purity and land claims are fleeting, and misguided.
That's hilarious, especially when this whole wanky yank 'me' fad is based on 'hurt feelings' and 'being offended-on-behalf-of'. It will die out of course, because it's so shallow and disingenuous. Fads are fleeting, and people will realise that these wankers who throw around the 'r' word and other inflammatory labels that they have no idea what the real meaning of is, for no reason except to be insulting and offensive and to silence anyone who questions them, have no arguments, no actual 'cause', and only the barest minimum of brain cells with which to function.
I've recently learnt that many of these creatures call themselves 'Marxists', when they don't have a clue what Marxism is, or that Marx wouldn't have suffered their pretentious crap for more than a minute.
Stalin, the faux 'Marxist', was a huge fan of 'hate speech' laws, so I suppose they are only following in his 'eminent' footsteps.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Never who we actually are which is seldom favorable to what we are.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:46 am Man 'feels' that he is a woman, therefore 'he' is a woman.
Woman 'feels' that she is a man, therefore 'she' is a 'he'.
Woman 'feels' as if she is black, therefore she is black.
Woman wants to be Spanish, says she 'identifies' as Spanish, therefore she is Spanish.
Oh Hilaria, you couldn't have chosen a more appropriate name...

Gender envy, ethnic envy--sorted.

A decent album from Deep Purple! ;-)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Who do we think we are?

To speak against the Taliban goes against The Party narrative.

Feminists are first loyal to The Party, not to Women's Rights, nor even to Human Rights.

This is why the feminists are silent about the brutalization of women by The Taliban.

To speak out against the barbaric Taliban, would defy The Party.

Biden is the face and the voice of The Party.

Much better to speak of The Taliban as the rich tradition of Afghanistan, and who but the mentally impoverished can speak against rich traditions?

Certainly not Feminists such as Michelle Obama, who has not uttered a peep about women's rights lately ('cause the Dims are in charge, don't you know.)

Ergo, to answer the question, those who follow The Party narrative are first and foremost, Sheep, and that includes the rams as well as the ewes.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Vladimir Putin slams 'monstrous' West for teaching children they can change their gender, saying it is 'close to a crime against humanity'
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6-oE55vdM
Monty Python's 42 yrs old Prediction of Nowadays Insane Public Discourse
We are now literally living in a Monty Python sketch, funded, endorsed and enforced by our institutions, governments and police, under threat of dismissal, cancellation, prosecution, even imprisonment to disagree. You couldn’t make it up.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:09 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6-oE55vdM
We are now literally living in a Monty Python sketch, funded, endorsed and enforced by our institutions, governments and police, under threat of dismissal, cancellation, prosecution, even imprisonment to disagree. You couldn’t make it up.
Wow. The irony, that this wouldn't be allowed today because it might 'offend' someone, somewhere...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:09 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6-oE55vdM
Funny, but sadly true. Oh well. This world wasn't meant for my happiness anyway. I've given up on it. Maybe things will be better if the next (if there is one for me).