Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:22 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:14 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:55 pm Speaking as a person who has had a lot of experience with primary children as a teacher I'd suggest that you hit on the truth here when you say "Children are very flexible and resilient". It's much more than that. It's really only adults that have a problem with this sort of thing because their views are more compressed and inflexible. Children just get it, accept and learn. They are usually way ahead of their parents. The harm to children is more likely to come from their parents' out-of-date bigotry than contact with unusual people.
Yes, children are flexible. They tend to internalize what they are taught and see. And if they are taught that being transsexual is fine,
Transsexualism is in fact fine, so they would be right.
Do you advocate taking it out of the DSM, then?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 pm

Yes, children are flexible. They tend to internalize what they are taught and see. And if they are taught that being transsexual is fine,
Do you advocate taking it out of the DSM?
I don't give a rat's arse about the DSM. Fuck those morons with their fake Millgram bollocks and their torturing rhesus monkeys. The US is a bigoted religious bunch of fuck wits, and their shrinks pander to the worst sort of buttoned-up sick prurient mind control repressiveness.
How about that?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

bringing you more progressive humans through science...

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:55 pm Speaking as a person who has had a lot of experience with primary children as a teacher I'd suggest that you hit on the truth here when you say "Children are very flexible and resilient". It's much more than that. It's really only adults that have a problem with this sort of thing because their views are more compressed and inflexible. Children just get it, accept and learn. They are usually way ahead of their parents. The harm to children is more likely to come from their parents' out-of-date bigotry than contact with unusual people.
Yes, children are flexible. They tend to internalize what they are taught and see. And if they are taught that being transsexual is fine, many more will probably indulge in it than normal. Don't you think so? Do we really want more children to identify as the opposite sex, potentially messing up their adult lives by decisions made at a young age? For example, hormone treatments or even physical surgery?
Gender diversity is not a disease that can be caught. Kids mostly align to straight male of female, and prefer to join in, but for the small minority that have other inclinations is is very important that they have examples in their lives where they can see that it is safe to be different.
It cannot be caught like a cold but it can be imitated. Don't children often imitate elders? Apparently, with all the hoopla that's going on these days about gender, more and more children are reporting being dysphoric. That could be a case of children imitating what they are hearing or seeing in the news.

For example, I remember times in my life when I wondered if I was gay or even bisexual. I was drawn (non-sexually) to males who were charismatic and physically attractive more so than males who were not. I suppose I could have been more adventurous and explored the impulse further but I didn't want the stigma of being gay or bi-sexual. The stigma played the role of a deterrent. Without such deterrents, people are less likely to suppress inappropriate emotions and things of that nature. Likewise, I might be more physically aggressive with people were it not for the teachings of Christ, Buddha, et. al who preached the opposite. Ideas aren't communicable diseases like a cold but they are nonetheless spread from person to person.
Stick to your guns Gary. You talk a lot of sense. You just lack the ego of a 'Sculptor' or the phoniness of a 'Lacewing'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:29 pm

I don't give a rat's arse about the DSM. Fuck those morons with their fake Millgram bollocks and their torturing rhesus monkeys. The US is a bigoted religious bunch of fuck wits, and their shrinks pander to the worst sort of buttoned-up sick prurient mind control repressiveness.
How about that?
Is it OK to allow pedophiles to teach in schools (provided they don't have sex with any of their students)? I mean, you could be right. Maybe our society is too repressive and doesn't allow children enough freedom to explore their true natures?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:45 pm

How about that?
Is it OK to allow pedophiles to teach in schools (provided they don't have sex with any of their students)? I mean, you could be right. Maybe our society is too repressive and doesn't allow children enough freedom to explore their true natures?
I think you are a bit confused. You need to look at a dictionary. Do you know what a dictionary is?
Now then, run along and ask your mummy what is the difference between a cross dresser and a paedophile. When you know come back and I'll set your straight.
PS have you done your homework?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:27 pm

How about that?
I think you are a bit confused. You need to look at a dictionary. Do you know what a dictionary is?
Now then, run along and ask your mummy what is the difference between a cross dresser and a paedophile. When you know come back and I'll set your straight.
I asked you because I think the same justification that is used to allow this man to teach can be used to justify social acceptance of pedophiles. Are you OK with pedophilia or is there a different sort of justification that can be used to discriminate against pedophiles but not this man?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

How about that?
Ah, but we're not talkin' about a guy, who self-identifies as a guy, who likes to dress in women's clothings. That guy simply has a fetish.

Such a person typically won't go to work in drag, and typically won't make a big show of his fetish.

No, we're talkin' about a guy who self-identifies as a girl and who demands others identify him as a girl as well.

He's as crazy as shithouse rat and ought be kept well away from the schoolhouse.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 pm

I asked you because I think the same justification that is used to allow this man to teach can be used to justify social acceptance of pedophiles. Are you OK with pedophilia or is there a different sort of justification that can be used to discriminate against pedophiles but not this man?
Vermin: end them.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:00 am

I don't know about "end them" but they definitely either need psychiatric help or they need to permanently learn to suppress their inclinations on their own.

EDIT: As well as jail time.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:04 am

I don't know about "end them" but they definitely either need psychiatric help or they need to permanently learn to suppress their inclinations on their own.
I do.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 am

I do.
Sorry, I should have said if they are someone with those inclinations, IF THEY HAVEN'T YET committed a crime, then they need to learn to suppress the urge and NEVER let it out. If they have committed a crime based on those urges, then severe punishment seems fair to me.
vegetariantaxidermy

How about that?
I think YOU are confused and need to run along and learn some reading comprehension.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:15 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 am

I do.
Sorry, I should have said if they are someone with those inclinations, IF THEY HAVEN'T YET committed a crime, then they need to learn to suppress the urge and NEVER let it out. If they have committed a crime based on those urges, then severe punishment seems fair to me.
Well, seems to me the pervert who never offends is not the issue, obviously.

Chester the (wannabe) molester is a twistoid, but if he ain't actin' on his sick desire then how the hell would I, or any other paragon of virtue, know?
vegetariantaxidermy

'Paedophile'; another word that is fast losing its meaning because of the moronic media and their moronic readers. A PAEDOPHILE is someone who rapes, or fantasises about rape with, CHILDREN. They are not interested in them after puberty, or when they look more like adults. Now, in the current hysteria that has swept the planet, anyone who is accused of having sex with (or even hugging) a 'minor' (which in the US can be someone who is nearly 18) is being called a 'paedophile'. It's fucking ridiculous and being perpetrated by the gutter press (British).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.