Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:48 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:37 pm

The bearded guy in a dress is conspicuous; Caroline Cossey is not.
Do you mean a bearded guy in a dress can only be faking gender dysphoria? Or, what is the distinction to be made between him and a transsexual who appears more a likeness of their chosen gender?
It's not complicated, don't overthink it.

The bearded fella in a dress stands out. Him leadin' the class is nuthin' but distraction.

The pleasant lookin' woman draws the eye but doesn't flummox the head. Him leadin' the class might lead to actual learning.
So are you saying that it's fine, then, so long as transsexuals look and act the role they are assuming? Kind of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that was in place with the military? In other words, if the bearded man who identifies as a female takes steps to shave his beard and look the role of a female and doesn't say anything to people about his transsexualness, then it's fine?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 pm What evidence is there that children are "unequipped to process adequately" something like that?
You've got the "default" wrong there, Gary. We don't expose children to everything unless we can show it will seriously harm them in some way. Rather, the default is to protect, and only in cases where they clearly ARE ready for that step do we expose them.

But now, pick your age. Let's say that a four-year-old is a pretty clear case of someone not able to process adult sexuality. Would you say that's fair? I would say so.

Well, if you say that at some age they should be exposed to transgenderism, at what age would you think was developmentally appropriate for them?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 pm What evidence is there that children are "unequipped to process adequately" something like that?
You've got the "default" wrong there, Gary. We don't expose children to everything unless we can show it will seriously harm them in some way. Rather, the default is to protect, and only in cases where they clearly ARE ready for that step do we expose them.

But now, pick your age. Let's say that a four-year-old is a pretty clear case of someone not able to process adult sexuality. Would you say that's fair? I would say so.

Well, if you say that at some age they should be exposed to transgenderism, at what age would you think was developmentally appropriate for them?
Do we also need to protect them from the confusion of seeing families where there are two daddies?

Not real women, not real marriages, not fit for teaching, not fit for parenting....
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm Do you mean a bearded guy in a dress can only be faking gender dysphoria? Or, what is the distinction to be made between him and a transsexual who appears more a likeness of their chosen gender?

The bearded fella in a dress stands out. Him leadin' the class is nuthin' but distraction.

The pleasant lookin' woman draws the eye but doesn't flummox the head. Him leadin' the class might lead to actual learning.
So are you saying that it's fine, then, so long as transsexuals look and act the role they are assuming? Kind of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that was in place with the military? In other words, if the bearded man who identifies as a female takes steps to shave his beard and look the role of a female and doesn't say anything to people about his transsexualness, then it's fine.
this, Gary...
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:31 pm
henry quirk wrote:Let's say a fresh outta school teacher applies for a position in your school. She's smart, lively, pleasant, and, across her forehead, she has tattooed FUCK YOU!.

You're the person who gets to hire/not hire: what do you do?
Gary Childress wrote:At first glance, I wouldn't hire her. I would assume that she would probably be trouble and the tattoo across her forehead would be inappropriate for as well as probably distracting to the class. I'd also say that she used poor judgment in getting that tattoo, which might be an indicator of her personality
There you go, Gary. You got it right.

Your reasoning is applicable to the beard-wearin' trannie lesbo as well.
get it?

it's the distraction factor, the conspicuousness of FUCK YOU, of a bearded man in a dress

teachers teach

if the teacher is physically a distraction: teaching is blunted

I've said this all more than once, plain as I can: don't know what else to tell you
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:52 pm

Do we also need to protect them from the confusion of seeing families where there are two daddies?

Not real women, not real marriages, not fit for teaching, not fit for parenting....
So, you think gayness and transgenderism are equivalent?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Well, there is love, where you protect a child and then there's smother love where you overprotect a child. Such children who have been overprotected sometimes turn out with developmental issues or unable to appropriately handle new situations that come up. But maybe puberty would be an OK age for children to be exposed to transsexual teachers. I'm not sure what grade the particular person teaches in, I just saw mention of it by someone who posted on a neighborhood forum that they thought it was a terrible thing. But would you say that by puberty or maybe high school it would be ok for a transsexual to teach?
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:53 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 pm

So are you saying that it's fine, then, so long as transsexuals look and act the role they are assuming? Kind of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that was in place with the military? In other words, if the bearded man who identifies as a female takes steps to shave his beard and look the role of a female and doesn't say anything to people about his transsexualness, then it's fine.
this, Gary...
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:31 pm
henry quirk wrote:Let's say a fresh outta school teacher applies for a position in your school. She's smart, lively, pleasant, and, across her forehead, she has tattooed FUCK YOU!.

You're the person who gets to hire/not hire: what do you do?
Gary Childress wrote:At first glance, I wouldn't hire her. I would assume that she would probably be trouble and the tattoo across her forehead would be inappropriate for as well as probably distracting to the class. I'd also say that she used poor judgment in getting that tattoo, which might be an indicator of her personality
There you go, Gary. You got it right.

Your reasoning is applicable to the beard-wearin' trannie lesbo as well.
get it?

it's the distraction factor, the conspicuousness of FUCK YOU, of a bearded man in a dress

teachers teach

if the teacher is physically a distraction: teaching is blunted

I've said this all more than once, plain as I can: don't know what else to tell you
Maybe it's only a distraction at first but once children become accustomed to a new environment they seem to be OK. The teacher would simply have to maintain order in the class and discipline people who make distracting comments or something.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Maybe it's only a distraction at first but once children become accustomed to a new environment they seem to be OK. The teacher would simply have to maintain order in the class and discipline people who make distracting comments or something."

As you like, Gary.
FlashDangerpants

henry quirk wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:55 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:52 pm

So, you think gayness and transgenderism are equivalent?
No. But that whole thing about shielding children from progressivist propaganda is typically deployed against the gays. That good old libertarian mister Putin for instance enacted a law "for the Purpose of Protecting Children from Information Advocating for a Denial of Traditional Family Values". Thatcher did something like that in the 80s as well.

Apparently there is a whole thing called No Promo Homo Laws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_promo_homo_laws

And I did see mist Can recently posit that progressive sorts use some rights gain for some bad lifestyle choice to soften society up for the next outrage. So all things considered, his recent vendetta against the trannies (probably the easiest target in this context) looks an awful lot like some table reversing plan.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:59 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 pm Well, if you say that at some age they should be exposed to transgenderism, at what age would you think was developmentally appropriate for them?
Well, there is love, where you protect a child and then there's smother love where you overprotect a child.
Not talking about that, Gary.
But maybe puberty would be an OK age for children to be exposed to transsexual teachers.
Okay, let's say...12 then, on average. No transgender teachers in elementary schools. We're agreed on that much.

What makes you think that a 12 year old is ripe for dealing with adult sexual deviant behaviours?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

No. But that whole thing about shielding children from progressivist propaganda is typically deployed against the gays. That good old libertarian mister Putin for instance enacted a law "for the Purpose of Protecting Children from Information Advocating for a Denial of Traditional Family Values". Thatcher did something like that in the 80s as well.

Apparently there is a whole thing called No Promo Homo Laws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_promo_homo_laws

And I did see mist Can recently posit that progressive sorts use some rights gain for some bad lifestyle choice to soften society up for the next outrage. So all things considered, his recent vendetta against the trannies (probably the easiest target in this context) looks an awful lot like some table reversing plan.

Oh, I get it.

Yer just lobbin' crap at Mannie.

Okeedoke.
henry quirk

just one more thing, Flash...

Post by henry quirk »

Why aren't gayness and transgenderism equivalent?
FlashDangerpants

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:18 am Yer just lobbin' crap at Mannie.
I'm sure mister helicopter rides is totally above that sort of thing. You climb up on that high horse and ride it till it's a donkey :)
FlashDangerpants

Re: just one more thing, Flash...

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:27 am Why aren't gayness and transgenderism equivalent?
Why do we have a phrase like "comparing apples and oranges"?
I mean those things are both fruits right, but apparently that doesn't make them things you can compare to each other.
They lack equivalence.
Immanuel Can

Re: just one more thing, Flash...

Post by Immanuel Can »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:37 am I mean those things are both fruits, right...
I guess you're not above the occasional pun. :wink: