Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 pm I guess an important question would be, what is the source of her child's gender dysphoria? Did the child pick it up by learning from others or is it some kind of natural condition such as an imbalance in chemicals that her body produces? If it's something that the child learns from others then I would say that we should not allow transgender people to be teachers. If it is only something that occurs because of a chemical imbalance and cannot be learned or "contracted" from others, then it seems to me like it would be safe to allow transgender people to be teachers.
From a review of scientific twin studies..
https://genderanalysis.net/2018/03/perv ... dysphoria/

“significant and consistent evidence for the role of innate genetic factors in the development of both cisgender and transgender identities, a negligible role for shared environmental factors, and a small potential role for unique environmental factors.”
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 pm If people think children are so 'resilient' then why do American 'celebrity children' end up so screwed up?
Angelina Jolie's daughter is apparently 'changing gender' (meaning taking lots of drugs and hormones), paid for by the self-absorbed, PC mother.
PC is not harmless. It's extremely harmFUL. It's self-absorbed, self-serving hypocrisy at its worst, and children are paying the price for these conceited wankers to get their virtue-signalling jollies.
I guess an important question would be, what is the source of her child's gender dysphoria? Did the child pick it up by learning from others or is it some kind of natural condition such as an imbalance in chemicals that her body produces? If it's something that the child learns from others then I would say that we should not allow transgender people to be teachers. If it is only something that occurs because of a chemical imbalance and cannot be learned or "contracted" from others, then it seems to me like it would be safe to allow transgender people to be teachers.
I think you missed my point.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:30 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:13 pm OK. Maybe you are right. If being around someone with gender dysphoria might confuse my own children and perhaps lead them to some sort of gender dysphoria themselves

In your own dealings with mental disorders, have you ever considered yourself contagious, are you patient zero in an outbreak of melancholia somewhere?
In my experience, I haven't observed yet where I have ever caused another person to share my delusions while I was having them. However, I am usually on meds and not having delusions (except for occasional episodes that seem to break through the meds once in a scarce while). I assume if I were a teacher and having delusions, they would take me aside and not allow me to continue. I know whenever I have delusions people are pretty quick to get meds in me, sometimes even putting me in the mental hospital for a while.

Now I don't know if there is a substantive difference between a person thinking they are female when they are not versus thinking aliens have taken over the world when I am now pretty sure they haven't (or at least have no evidence of it). I don't think I've ever been gender dysphoric at least not to the point where I wanted to become a female. I do recall having a brief phase where I imagined my body being a female one but it didn't go very far from occasional flights of fancy. A childhood friend of mine dressed up in his mom's clothing a couple times (that I know of) just to goof around from time to time. He's now married to a female and has kids. I would imagine he's glad he didn't have a sex change.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:11 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 pm If people think children are so 'resilient' then why do American 'celebrity children' end up so screwed up?
Angelina Jolie's daughter is apparently 'changing gender' (meaning taking lots of drugs and hormones), paid for by the self-absorbed, PC mother.
PC is not harmless. It's extremely harmFUL. It's self-absorbed, self-serving hypocrisy at its worst, and children are paying the price for these conceited wankers to get their virtue-signalling jollies.
I guess an important question would be, what is the source of her child's gender dysphoria? Did the child pick it up by learning from others or is it some kind of natural condition such as an imbalance in chemicals that her body produces? If it's something that the child learns from others then I would say that we should not allow transgender people to be teachers. If it is only something that occurs because of a chemical imbalance and cannot be learned or "contracted" from others, then it seems to me like it would be safe to allow transgender people to be teachers.
I think you missed my point.
I was trying to tie your post back in with the original topic of the thread and whether transgender people should be allowed to teach.